Jump to content Jump to content

I was able to install the F1 2021 game to my Xbox but doesn’t open. Is this because it was an error on your guys part or because I was given the beta? Thank you for looking into this.

59645A07-E1E3-4E1B-8A5E-1C32E1CFD5B3.png

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xcript17 said:

I was able to install the F1 2021 game to my Xbox but doesn’t open. Is this because it was an error on your guys part or because I was given the beta?

The game isn't released until July so I'm fairly sure whatever you have installed isn't the game. How big is the file? If indeed there is one? What is possible right now is to pre-order the game but you shouldn't be able to download it yet - it's not finished for starters!

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1

From what I saw it looks like some Xbox players are also experimenting that. It isn't the beta, because no announcement was made in the forums and no email was sent to anyone yet -- the beta is something apart from the game's public page.

I dunno the why for that issue but you can just ignore it. Maybe Codemasters/EA were testing something to check anything?

Either way I suppose this will be fixed later on, so you shouldn't be worried.

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

I suppose possibly it is a bodged roll-out of the beta?

I'm not 100% sure because I had never been a beta-tester for Codemasters but this could be a posibility. 

If the issue exists is because EA or Codemasters interacted with it -- if not this could be an issue with the Xbox store. I doubt it is for something else.

Now it would be interesting if there is some actual size on the file -- surely means they might be preparing for something.

Posted (edited)

You can pre download games that are on pre order on the app I did it for cyberpunk 2077 I pre downloaded the game fully and I was getting the physical edition so it meant as soon as I got the disk I put it in and started playing as soon as it was the release date

Edited by Nightfire1964
6 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

You can pre download games that are on pre order on the app I did it for cyberpunk 2077 I pre downloaded the game fully and I was getting the physical edition so it meant as soon as I got the disk I put it in and started playing as soon as it was the release date

Yes but how long before launch?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

I saw some people could do it for a while I think a month maybe but it was a while ago so can't fully remember 

I was just thinking it seems too early for an intentional pre-order download of F1 2021. 

There have been no new posts on this so I'd guess a mistake has been rectified.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 2
14 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

This guy didnt buy the game, so probably its not about predownload.

• Administrator

Tried to do this, and the screen after pressing 'download to console' is greyed out if you haven't purchased. So you can't download the game. Other games have the same

• Agree 2
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Tried to do this, and the screen after pressing 'download to console' is greyed out if you haven't purchased. So you can't download the game. Other games have the same

But what if someone has paid for the pre-order? Is this available for download now?

Edit: the PlayStation equivalent won't be for ages yet going by the screenshots that have been posted.

Edited by Ultra3142
12 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

But what if someone has paid for the pre-order? Is this available for download now?

Edit: the PlayStation equivalent won't be for ages yet going by the screenshots that have been posted.

Yes! You can pre download the game and you dont had to purchase but if you dont purchase it you cant start the game when it will release. 
Now at the moment if you download the F1 2021 then its just download a 200mb file so its is only the pre ordered thing as you can buy the game already and if you do that you got "something".

1 hour ago, osy13 said:

Yes! You can pre download the game and you dont had to purchase but if you dont purchase it you cant start the game when it will release. 
Now at the moment if you download the F1 2021 then its just download a 200mb file so its is only the pre ordered thing as you can buy the game already and if you do that you got "something".

If it's only a 200 MB file then I'd suggest that's actually 'no', not 'Yes!' 🙂.