Jump to content Jump to content

loading my team makes the game crash

All on a sudden, while I was playing the penultimate race on my 1st season in an F1 2020 my team career, my game decided to crash. It was loading the Q2 session when my screen freezed, and now it won't let me load into the "my team" career anymore. In particular what happens is that I load into the savings, the session loading screen with the track pops up, and then after a couple of seconds the ego dumper thing comes out. Everything else works fine. I tried both with DX12 and DX11, I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall the game. My biggest fear is that the saving files of the career might be corrupted. Anyone can help? Thank you

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    • All on a sudden, while I was playing the penultimate race on my 1st season in an F1 2020 my team career, my game decided to crash. It was loading the Q2 session when my screen freezed, and now it won't let me load into the "my team" career anymore. In particular what happens is that I load into the savings, the session loading screen with the track pops up, and then after a couple of seconds the ego dumper thing comes out. Everything else in the game works fine. I tried both with DX12 and DX11, I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall the game. My biggest fear is that the saving files of the career might be corrupted.
  • Platform
    • Steam
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Game-mode?
    • My Team
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • Yes, it happens everytime i load the game mode
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • Simply by loading the gamemode, when the starting session screen (the one with the track) appears.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game after a couple of file integrity checks, using both the DX11 and DX12 version
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    • Logitech G29 wheel
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  
19 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Please change the avatar as per the pinned thread for game crashes.

I don't get what you are saying, do I have to move my thread into the already existing one?

6 hours ago, Fr4me said:

I don't get what you are saying, do I have to move my thread into the already existing one?

You create an avatar (character) to use in the game. Change the uniform and helmet to standard colourable ones (not a Podium Pass or DLC non-moddable one), setting it for use in MyTeam. Then try to reload your MyTeam save.

Reading the linked thread (that I linked earlier) would help.

thank you it worked! it's strange because the only non-default item I have is a uniform I use in both my team carreer and the driver career, I don't get how it only affects one of the two savings but at least I got my efforts back, thank you

• Thanks 1