Jump to content Jump to content

Will f1 2021 have practice starts?

Do any one know if practice starts will be a thing in f1 2021?
You see it on formula 1 the practice starts all the time, kinda miss it in the games as i do manuel starts, maybe as a program where you have to hit some rpm atleast 1 time p1, p2 and p3. So 3 as a minimum or many in just one of them.

Cheers for any replys that may come 🙂

Herrun

• Like 2

Just start a gp and do flashbacks till you get it down. I've managed to drastically improve my starts. My biggest problem now is getting that good start and having angry drivers punt me. Lol

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lakrits said:

What's stopping you from making them now?

I didn't think the clutch was usable under normal conditions to replicate a start? Possibly that's just due to the shared button binding I have by default though.

In the current game I thought the best way to practice starts was to use GP mode and keep restarting the session as needed. 

@HerrunI've seen no mention of this in the new game but we've had very little in terms of info. as detailed as this so far. 

Edited by Ultra3142
16 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I didn't think the clutch was usable under normal conditions to replicate a start? Possibly that's just due to the shared button binding I have by default though.

In the current game I thought the best way to practice starts was to use GP mode and keep restarting the session as needed. 

@HerrunI've seen no mention of this in the new game but we've had very little in terms of info. as detailed as this so far. 

That's what I mean. It is possible to practise starts like that, I've done it plenty of times. Probably should have written that in my reply.

• Like 1

I have suggested previously that this be added as an optional mini-game. 

For those who perform full manual starts without tc it can be tricky. Would be nice to have a mini game showing how well a start has been executed I.e optimal power/grip ratio in different conditions and on different compounds. And it could give you a score based on those parameters. 

I'm not sure however, that this is a priority for codemasters as I think the majority probably at the very least use medium tc which is very easy to use off the line even with manual clutch start.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, SmokinCheese86 said:

Do you guys get the code? 

We're my code?

If your on about the beta your late in joining the forums as the deadline was the 10th and you only just joined the forums on the 18th

• Agree 1
16 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

If your on about the beta your late in joining the forums as the deadline was the 10th and you only just joined the forums on the 18th

Would probably not have been selected even if he'd been in time to apply.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

I did apply in end apirl and last year, and never get picked. I've been racing f1 games daily for 24 years. I don't understand why I wouldn't get picked.. I'm 34 , not currently working all timw in world to play the beta and report all problems. 

Screenshot_20210520-152114_Chrome.jpg

Edited by SmokinCheese86
21 minutes ago, SmokinCheese86 said:

I did apply in end apirl and last year, and never get picked. I've been racing f1 games daily for 24 years. I don't understand why I wouldn't get picked.. I'm 34 , not currently working all timw in world to play the beta and report all problems. 

This is why:

yoyoyo.gif

• Agree 1
52 minutes ago, SmokinCheese86 said:

Mate, always very calm. Not everyone can get a code, and currently none are issued. But you can increase your chances by helping in the forum or being active.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, SmokinCheese86 said:

Yes I am carm XD just feeling sad, at present I I'm currently driving in 4 leagues a week. And I help run 1 of them, so I do post , alot lol. But sadly not on here. I will try be more active, thanks for your reply

In regards to my comment. It's not only that but being active on the forum here is one important part of it.

• Agree 1
On 5/20/2021 at 6:16 PM, SmokinCheese86 said:

Yes I am carm XD just feeling sad, at present I I'm currently driving in 4 leagues a week. And I help run 1 of them, so I do post , alot lol. But sadly not on here. I will try be more active, thanks for your reply

And next time when being more active, create your own post instead of hijacking another post.

On 5/20/2021 at 5:16 PM, SmokinCheese86 said:

Hi mate, there are specific threads for this stuff however, I understand your frustration.

I imagine when codemasters have a pool of many thousands of people who want to participate it can be difficult to pick. They need to ensure they are picking people who first and foremost are unlikely to breach NDA. A good place to start for them is to check the faithful few, those who have been positively engaging with the community for a good while. This helps weed out those phishing to play and share etc. 

I'm sure they also have other parameters. Stick around, and you'll get a chance one day.

Can @BarryBLor anyone else explain how the beta draft is done, even People that i know who never play f1 really or/and are never active on the forums still got the code and invite, shame its done so random instead of being based of activity on the forums and the game itself if i'm honest

20 minutes ago, Wessel112002 said:

Can @BarryBLor anyone else explain how the beta draft is done, even People that i know who never play f1 really or/and are never active on the forums still got the code and invite, shame its done so random instead of being based of activity on the forums and the game itself if i'm honest

we can discuss this on your post that you have made rather than a post unrelated to the beta