Jump to content Jump to content

Im worried about F1 2021 :/

I saw the game in the xbox store and it had only one game so we get the same game with the last gen version but the game will be better graphics and ray tracing etc? This will be the only difference? Then i think this game will be only an F1 2020+ version and it is sad why we cant get a better game on next gen 😕

4 minutes ago, osy13 said:

I saw the game in the xbox store and it had only one game so we get the same game with the last gen version but the game will be better graphics and ray tracing etc? This will be the only difference? Then i think this game will be only an F1 2020+ version and it is sad why we cant get a better game on next gen 😕

“For the first time, F1® 2021 comes to Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, boasting a visual uplift and faster loading times.”  How much of a difference the game has vs 2020 on the last gen consoles I guess we’ll find out soon.  Personally not expecting a drastic difference with it being cross gen, but still should look noticeably better.  I do like that they’re doing the Xbox smart delivery and free upgrade if you have the PS4 version for PS5 too.

13 minutes ago, osy13 said:

If you look at what else has been confirmed it does show there is a difference in content that we are getting in the game this year compared to last year

• Agree 1
On 5/20/2021 at 10:27 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Firstly have a read of this:

https://www.ea.com/games/f1/f1-2021/news/announcing-f1-2021

The F1 games develop year-on-year just like other annual sports games do, and this isn't inherently a bad thing. Bear in mind that entirely new games built from scratch take many years to produce.

Yes year on year improvements for sure but doesn’t help there are still bugs in game from 2018 version and at least one from before and most have been reported to death here on forums over the years but new or improving current features far more important than actually fixing the game lol( safety car issues for example, in Singapore I had a car crash put 20secpnds in front of me where marshals in real life would have to go on track where cars do well over 100mph and it was yellow flags only with safety car option on, in real life it would have been a full safety car, yet on other tracks I had full safety car where in real life only yellow flags would be shown. I know it’s not a bug as example I shown but sign of programming that needs to be changed when they want this game to be a e sport)

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 5:27 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Firstly have a read of this:

https://www.ea.com/games/f1/f1-2021/news/announcing-f1-2021

The F1 games develop year-on-year just like other annual sports games do, and this isn't inherently a bad thing. Bear in mind that entirely new games built from scratch take many years to produce.

This. 

As much as I would love to see major improvement on graphics, expecting a annually-release series to had major breakthrough in this era is just a bit unrealistic.

I've personally already had enough bad experiences from games series switching generations like Forza 4 -> Forza 5, or GT4 -> GT5 for examples. The situation there was basically trading better graphics at the cost of sacrificing contents and ends up with a half-baked product with a nice cover. Took years to create the graphics, then take more years to fix the game, and then who knows when the lost contents are actually coming back after that, let alone new contents. 

Games in the last generation already took way too long and too much resources to make, can't image what it's like now. 

Edited by DRTApophis

I was actually expecting a 2020 brush up, because they will have to implement new circuits, and because they (must) have already be working on the next gen game when the 2021 F1 rules were postponed to 2022. It would not be surprising if that lead to a postponed next gen game which will feature all the 2022 rules as well.

Which doesnt mean it has to be bad, F1 2020 is a good foundation to build upon, *if* you realize there is some serious stuff to be done / worked at concerning AI opponents, track details, penalties, multiplayer and a few areas more.

More pixels or a marketing tag like "ray tracing" is the least thing that will put this game forward, imho. At least as long as you are not able to buy new gen GPUs for an affordable price anyway.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

This. 

As much as I would love to see major improvement on graphics, expecting a annually-release series to had major breakthrough in this era is just a bit unrealistic.

I've personally already had enough bad experiences from games series switching generations like Forza 4 -> Forza 5, or GT4 -> GT5 for examples. The situation there was basically trading better graphics at the cost of sacrificing contents and ends up with a half-baked product with a nice cover. Took years to create the graphics, then take more years to fix the game, and then who knows when the lost contents are actually coming back after that, let alone new contents. 

Games in the last generation already took way too long and too much resources to make, can't image what it's like now. 

I dont know if you play on PC, but if you compare the minimum requiriments for this year game with the last year, their improve the minimum graphics card by 319%, it's a huge difference, and I agree with you about the last generation taking too much resources, but with those news consoles and the new margin at theyre are cappable, probably CodeMasters are already working on a new Engine, probably on Ego Engine v5.0, or higher, so, im expecting a "major" graphics updates for this year. 

Edited by ParadoxAMG53
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

I dont know if you play on PC, but if you compare the minimum requiriments for this year game with the last year, theire improve the minimum graphics card by 319%, it's a huge difference, and I agree with you about the last generation taking too much resources, but with those news consoles and the new margin at theyre are cappable, probably CodeMasters are already working on a new Engine, probably on Ego Engine v5.0, or higher, so, im expecting a "major" graphics updates for this year. 

Oops I didn't mean the resources for us to run the game, but the resources (like personnel, equipment and cost) for the developer to make the game. 

And I agree with you that our current systems could run the F1 games with no issue indeed, so some graphic improvements for the next game should still be expected, just may be not a complete overhaul. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I was actually expecting a 2020 brush up, because they will have to implement new circuits, and because they (must) have already be working on the next gen game when the 2021 F1 rules were postponed to 2022. It would not be surprising if that lead to a postponed next gen game which will feature all the 2022 rules as well.

Which doesnt mean it has to be bad, F1 2020 is a good foundation to build upon, *if* you realize there is some serious stuff to be done / worked at concerning AI opponents, track details, penalties, multiplayer and a few areas more.

More pixels or a marketing tag like "ray tracing" is the least thing that will put this game forward, imho. At least as long as you are not able to buy new gen GPUs for an affordable price anyway.

You said it right, on point, the ray traicing is pure "Marketing" to sell games on PS5 and Xbox S/X, bring those people who just care about the graphics and dont care if the track are right, or if the physics are better then last year. But i belive in CM, the game will be better then 2020 in everysingle terms.

2 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Oops I didn't mean the resources for us to run the game, but the resources (like personnel and equipment) for the developer to make the game. 

And I agree with you that our current systems could run the F1 games with no issue indeed, so some graphic improvements for the next game should still be expected, just may be not a complete overhaul. 

I agree, if they start using a new engine like Unreal Engine 5, then we can expect a full overhaul of the game, new tracks etc.
But i think, if they manage to introduce ray tracing in this year game, probably they're using a new engine and perhaps with better lightning system, textures and other things. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

But i belive in CM, the game will be better then 2020 in everysingle terms.

I am not as much a believer as you are, but time will tell. It is easier for me to be pessimistic and enjoy a surprise, than the other way around 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

But i think, if they manage to introduce ray tracing in this year game, probably they're using a new engine and perhaps with better lightning system, textures and other things. 

or most likely the engine and graphics developers implemented it into the current engine. Such as how DIRT 5 has some raytracing support despite Cheshire's previous game ONRUSH not supporting it 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, UP100 said:

or most likely the engine and graphics developers implemented it into the current engine. Such as how DIRT 5 has some raytracing support despite Cheshire's previous game ONRUSH not supporting it 🙂 

That's why i said "probably", just being a positive person 😄

And just to clarify, when i mean "new engine" a was talking about a new version of Ego engine, because F1 2020 was made on v4.0 and maybe F1 2021 it's getting a v5.0, maybe 😉

Edited by ParadoxAMG53
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

That's why i said "probably", just being a positive person 😄

And just to clarify, when i mean "new engine" a was talking about a new version of Ego engine, because F1 2020 was made on v4.0 and maybe F1 2021 it's getting a v5.0, maybe 😉

@UP100Did i miss the funny part? 

5 hours ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

@UP100Did i miss the funny part? 

The first sentence in your post? You had a laughing emoji there yourself 😛 

• Agree 1

I do not think we are lacking graphics, as the game surely looks good.

They've been going through feedback regarding track adjustments, general gameplay, introducing new game modes, multiplayer experience, engine sounds go on and on... 

Yes, bugs and glitches will be there, there's where the BETA testers come in and do their job as careful as they can. 

Progressing the 2020 game, into the what some call a 2020+ game is actually a great thing. Minor and major fixes, the implementation of requested extra modes, refined multiplayer experience. It doesn't have to be new, it has to feel new and properly thought of/executioned. 

I am looking forward to what they will introduce us as this years product. For now, fingers crossed and hope that our suggestions/ideas made the drawingboard.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BTProduction said:

I do not think we are lacking graphics, as the game surely looks good.

Agreed. I think it may partly depend when someone's gaming experience began but there is genuinely still a part of me that is frankly blown away by how amazing the game looks. Going from trying to improve in TT round Monaco to watching on-board footage from qualifying yesterday I think it's pretty phenomenal how close they look. My first F1 game looked as below by comparison 🙂.

Cut-scene graphics could benefit from improvements far more than on track where realistically I'm unlikely to notice. I hope any ray-tracing is for the former rather than the latter. The only on-track graphical improvement I'm interested to see in F1 2021 is hopefully* a 120 fps mode on PS5, and I appreciate that achieving this will likely involve a downgrade in other visual aspects.

*I say 'hopefully' as I don't believe I've yet seen anything to absolutely confirm that this will be a feature on PS5, unlike XSX where it's shown on the XBOX store listing.

Edited by Ultra3142
6 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Agreed. I think it may partly depend when someone's gaming experience began but there is genuinely still a part of me that is frankly blown away by how amazing the game looks. Going from trying to improve in TT round Monaco to watching on-board footage from qualifying yesterday I think it's pretty phenomenal how close they look. My first F1 game looked as below by comparison 🙂.

Cut-scene graphics could benefit from improvements far more than on track where realistically I'm unlikely to notice. I hope any ray-tracing is for the former rather than the latter. The only on-track graphical improvement I'm interested to see in F1 2021 is hopefully* a 120 fps mode on PS5, and I appreciate that achieving this will likely involve a downgrade in other visual aspects.

*I say 'hopefully' as I don't believe I've yet seen anything to absolutely confirm that this will be a feature on PS5, unlike XSX where it's shown on the XBOX store listing.

Well your PS5 is a high end PC, i think will be no necessary any downgrade to run at 120 fps, and if you have a 120hz monitor will be fine a lot of fun, i wish i have a 120hz, but 70hz is fine for now. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

Well your PS5 is a high end PC, i think will be no necessary any downgrade to run at 120 fps, and if you have a 120hz monitor will be fine a lot of fun, i wish i have a 120hz, but 70hz is fine for now. 

I'd say more like a lower-mid end PC to be fair. There are definitely compromises made to reach 120 Hz on the latest consoles, as there are for higher frame rates on PC too of course. There is a limited total amount of GPU capability (and CPU limits may also come into play) that has to be split across the tasks of producing everything in each frame, so twice as many frames per second means less capacity to generate each frame. Things like resolution, number of assets on screen, how far away an object is in the field of view before it appears and/or the level of details shown, whether ray-tracing is used or not etc. are all things that may be traded off to achieve higher frame rates. If you or anyone else is curious I'll post a couple of relevant videos that relate to Dirt 5 on this subject below. The first is a discussion with a member of senior person in the team who worked on the game and the second is a detailed breakdown of game performance at launch.

I play using a 65" LG C9 OLED TV rather than a monitor but this will handle a 120 Hz refresh rate so I'll definitely give it a try 🙂.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'd say more like a lower-mid end PC to be fair. There are definitely compromises made to reach 120 Hz on the latest consoles, as there are for higher frame rates on PC too of course. There is a limited total amount of GPU capability (and CPU limits may also come into play) that has to be split across the tasks of producing everything in each frame, so twice as many frames per second means less capacity to generate each frame. Things like resolution, number of assets on screen, how far away an object is in the field of view before it appears and/or the level of details shown, whether ray-tracing is used or not etc. are all things that may be traded off to achieve higher frame rates. If you or anyone else is curious I'll post a couple of relevant videos that relate to Dirt 5 on this subject below. The first is a discussion with a member of senior person in the team who worked on the game and the second is a detailed breakdown of game performance at launch.

I play using a 65" LG C9 OLED TV rather than a monitor but this will handle a 120 Hz refresh rate so I'll definitely give it a try 🙂.

They're improving the graphics year after year, so maybe to reach 120fps the compromise would be minimal if you compared to last year game, anyway, hope you can get 120fps without making the game ugly. W'ill see in a couple of days, it's almost June, so the gameplay will come shortly.

• Like 1