Sign in to follow this  

DiRT 4

I can not wait for the new DiRT to be announced, I AM A HUGE FAN!!! I love rally, it is one of the best motorsports ever. I just wrote this so that I could get my thoughts out about the new DiRT game. I want something similar to DiRT 3 but I also want some tweaks as well. It would be cool if there where two mods; 1. is the standard career, 2. would be were you could build your own rally team, get team mates online, AI and even split-screen so it could be co-op as well. It would be fine if released on PS3 and XBOX360 but I would also like to be on the PS4 and the XBOX ONE***. Another cool mod would be a cross country rally were you go across a country doing every rally stage country by country and have a huge total at the end to see who wins. I would love to see all the cars form DiRT, DiRT 2, DiRT 3 and even more like more classic cars like the Lancia Rally 037. Those are my thoughts, what are yours?

*** I am 98.999998% sure that the new DiRT game for 2015 will be released on Next Get Platforms (PS4, XBOX ONE, and PC).

I've been wondering about its release date more than the actual content side.  Dirt 3 was released in the 5th month of the year (May).  Is it likely to be that again, or would they have announced something by now if that was the case.  It feels like they must have something due out soonish, so maybe this will be it.

With regards to the game itself, I'm hoping PC players will benefit from any graphical improvements they've hopefully done for the Xbone and PS4.  Dirt 3 looked a step backwards from 2 in some regards, the mud and water windscreen splashes for one.  Small details, but they all add up for those finishing touches.

If it was scheduled for release in May 2014 it would have been announced by now... If it's to be released later this year Codies will want to avoid releasing when F1 2014 comes out...

So if there's a chance of 2014 release in my view it would happen maybe July/August, but the game would need to be announced pretty soon (3-4 months ahead of release?)

I'm sure the DiRT team are working on something, but whether it's ready for 2014 depends on how soon they've moved Grid development team to the rally game project.

I'm very hungry for a new game now! With WRC being decent again and RX growing very fast Codies would do very well if they had something really good released this year. :)

I would be surprised if a game was released this year after trying to interpret the answers Coleman has given on Twitter. I do however think we will get some more info of an upcoming game this year, probably towards the end of the autumn.

This page has some info about the game.
I've been checking N4G periodically for both DIRT and ToCA news. Signs are pointing towards yes, though without confirmation we can't be certain. I think enough time has passed, along with the new generation of consoles, that this is a great opportunity for Codemasters to (almost) reboot both DIRT and ToCA. Not many racing games out on the X1 or PS4 yet ;)

I agree with @SynGamer - new generation of consoles is a good chance to innovate.

While re-booting of previous titles may not seem very innovative it will be all about showing a big leap in technology (handling, visuals, multiplayer systems, VFX) and in focus of the game.

While Dirt 1 -> 2 -> 3 and Grid 1 -> 2 slowly progressed  away from clear focus of CMR and TOCA the games were striking a good balance for an all-round player (Grid 2 went too far IMO...).

With new gen games it's a good chance to back further in time and return with a big bang!
During the last console generations Codies introduced many innovative concepts in racing games. Now I feel a next-gen release could be the moment Codemasters show a bit of bravery and boldness to do a bigger shift in what they do.

I still think a DiRT game will be released in 2014. In my view it'll be either towards the end of the summer or near end of the year (Christmas is apparently a good season for sales ;]), but that'd be so far into the future! :( :D

I agree with @SynGamer - new generation of consoles is a good chance to innovate.

While re-booting of previous titles may not seem very innovative it will be all about showing a big leap in technology (handling, visuals, multiplayer systems, VFX) and in focus of the game.

While Dirt 1 -> 2 -> 3 and Grid 1 -> 2 slowly progressed  away from clear focus of CMR and TOCA the games were striking a good balance for an all-round player (Grid 2 went too far IMO...).

With new gen games it's a good chance to back further in time and return with a big bang!
During the last console generations Codies introduced many innovative concepts in racing games. Now I feel a next-gen release could be the moment Codemasters show a bit of bravery and boldness to do a bigger shift in what they do.

I still think a DiRT game will be released in 2014. In my view it'll be either towards the end of the summer or near end of the year (Christmas is apparently a good season for sales ;]), but that'd be so far into the future! :( :D
If a DiRT game is going to be released this year then they may announce it this May and release it around Nov/Dec in time for christmas.

Dirt3 was algo going to be a rally game, and look what It ended up being..., just another big lie

Also, they're still using Ego engine on their new gen tittles, so lose all hope for a true rally game.

hola said:
Dirt3 was algo going to be a rally game, and look what It ended up being..., just another big lie

Also, they're still using Ego engine on their new gen tittles, so lose all hope for a true rally game.
Who said DiRT 3 was always going to be a Rally game? everyone knew what was going to be in the game months before release.

hola said:
What's wrong with the Ego Engine?

Azoresst said:
https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/453623897393758209
Sorry for trolling you all with that but it was to good of an opportunity to let pass.

I remember reading somewhere about how Dirt was one of few games to use neural networks in the coding of their game and I remember being convinced it was because of the use of this coding technique the game was so awesome. I'm sure new coding technique is something that can severely impact game development because it inevitably takes more brains and testing. I'm hoping this is y the wait is so long and hopefully new management didn't lay off the neural network guy for I believe true genius lies in the brilliant code of a codemaster. Anyone remember hearing this neural network stuff. Not sure if it had something to do with traction or npc pathing or what the neural network actually impacted but thought I'd throw it out there.

we are almost  4 years after last dirt game (i dont consider showdown like that ) and nothing about the next DIRT game.. Why CM goes so slowly to the next generation ..?

Kylotonn games is prepared the new WRC game for this fall , same for Milestone that creates its new IP called Sebastian Loeb rally for same period .. From codies nothing to hear.. any screen any video any info! :\ .Which is you answer codies?

I reinstall DIRT 2 and there are still some players online on PC and i ahev fun with it..

When DIRT 3  will go steamworks so we get all DLC as free upgrade and then to reinstall it?? :(

we are almost  4 years after last dirt game (i dont consider showdown like that ) and nothing about the next DIRT game.. Why CM goes so slowly to the next generation ..?

Kylotonn games is prepared the new WRC game for this fall , same for Milestone that creates its new IP called Sebastian Loeb rally for same period .. From codies nothing to hear.. any screen any video any info! :\ .Which is you answer codies?

I reinstall DIRT 2 and there are still some players online on PC and i ahev fun with it..

When DIRT 3  will go steamworks so we get all DLC as free upgrade and then to reinstall it?? :(

@MiatakiasGR I know its 4 years ago,
but I think u underestimate what time and money it cost to make one full proper game.
Not to mention the perfectionism where the Codemasters team works with.

A few forum members and I had the privilege to take a look in the Codemasters Kitchen where they are working at some delicious recipes.

But consider this,..
Every year a half microwave oven meal, created by machines and made to get money out of you and dont care about the taste or the recipes.
Or
One full hand made big feast meal made with love by Jamie Oliver with all the right ingredients from the locals including some very nice secret and innovating taste? That will make u satisfied!

For the same price.....

Belive me its worth the waiting to get satisfied ;-)
And beside that its good that Codemasters don't spill any beans!
I mean every body is curious what they are making, but hey! U dont let the world look in the Kitchen while they are preparing a feast meal in a 4 star restaurant ;-)

Beside that, how long do you think it will take to create one proper "Rally" in a game?
I think when u find out the answer, u probally will have more respect to a Codemasters game ;-)
Specially if u know that for example Colin McRae Rally 2005 had over more then 9 rallies and 70 stages
And I am not yet talking about the physics and all the other important things that.

Cant wait until the new DiRT ( dont know why i keep calling it like this) is released and i can do my impression story about what i saw, felt and noticed over there in Southam

@MiatakiasGR I know its 4 years ago,
but I think u underestimate what time and money it cost to make one full proper game.
Not to mention the perfectionism where the Codemasters team works with.

A few forum members and I had the privilege to take a look in the Codemasters Kitchen where they are working at some delicious recipes.

But consider this,..
Every year a half microwave oven meal, created by machines and made to get money out of you and dont care about the taste or the recipes.
Or
One full hand made big feast meal made with love by Jamie Oliver with all the right ingredients from the locals including some very nice secret and innovating taste? That will make u satisfied!

For the same price.....

Belive me its worth the waiting to get satisfied ;-)
And beside that its good that Codemasters don't spill any beans!
I mean every body is curious what they are making, but hey! U dont let the world look in the Kitchen while they are preparing a feast meal in a 4 star restaurant ;-)

Beside that, how long do you think it will take to create one proper "Rally" in a game?
I think when u find out the answer, u probally will have more respect to a Codemasters game ;-)
Specially if u know that for example Colin McRae Rally 2005 had over more then 9 rallies and 70 stages
And I am not yet talking about the physics and all the other important things that.

Cant wait until the new DiRT ( dont know why i keep calling it like this) is released and i can do my impression story about what i saw, felt and noticed over there in Southam
Offcorse i totally respect CM and its game as i have almost played almost all of its games.. I know same studio that makes Dirt series makes also Grid ... In meantime we had 2 Grid games and the showdown so the studio had work to do... but dont you think that its time for some more infos, screens etc?? Also i would like a conifrmation that the new Dirt game is cretaed with new graphics engine..

The CM games have amazing balance between arcade and sim , beautiful graphics , competitve online mode (which is what i play more) but also its games have a lot of bug (save corrupt , random restart etc) so we can not speak for perfection... :|

I prefer  to wait a lot for a real good game than a fast money grab ... Rockstar shows the way with epic GTA V  which a desperately wait for.. I dont want to see an other Dirt 3 with such few locations and arcade mode like cat n mouse , infected cars etc in a rally game.. CM did it well with  Grid autosport ( pure motorsport theme,semisim handling - physics, many cars - tracks  , all cars all tracks style for online mode) and i hope new DIRT game to be in same direction..

I'm currently playing dirt 3 for the first time since visiting codemaster's in November, and all I can say is it is definitely worth waiting a little while longer to see what they've got!

I'm currently playing dirt 3 for the first time since visiting codemaster's in November, and all I can say is it is definitely worth waiting a little while longer to see what they've got!
I think you are totally right. I want them to take as much time as they need so that they can add a lot of locations, cars, gameplay, and get the graphics ready for Next-Gen.