Jump to content Jump to content

hello everyone, i would like to hear your opinion on the accident. You can see the situation from both perspectives

Who do you think is to blame? Is it the Renault driver or the BWT driver or is it both to blame?

How could you have avoided this accident?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

I personally think the BWT driver to blame as the Renault driver is already committed to the position but the BWT cuts the Renault driver's line. If I was a steward I would deem it NFA or a light penalty. 
I believe this could have been avoided by perhaps giving the Renault more space.
Can't wait to hear what other drivers think.

• Thanks 1
in one sentence: „the bwt driver is inexperienced, the renault driver inexperienced and selfish.“ if i were the renault driver, i would have long since moved to the left onto the ideal line, if i were the bwt driver i would have braked, let the renault fly by and overtook at the exit of the bend.

in the end it was even lucky for the renault driver, he would not have been able to take the curve without the impact.

keep going, always training, then something like that doesn't happen anymore. the first corner is not the only place to overtake. the key to success is PATIENCE

" I've been hit , someone just deliberately  crashed into me " .........Hamilton and Schumacher , Vettel and Webber, Vettel and Leclerc , Senna and Prost.

Two cars do not fit into the same space , the BWT driver should have moved left and made space for the Renault even if he had track position because if you crash then you probably will have damage and if you have damage you are going to ruin your race , hot head or empty headed racing ends badly most of the time.

My non-expert thoughts are as follows...

It's easy as a spectator but ideally the Renault driver should have moved left to claim second place on the racing line, rather than I guess having dreams of somehow taking first place? As it was, the Renault driver ended up braking early on a poor line that then put them side-by-side with the Racing Point going into turn 1. I guess the Racing Point car should probably have left space on their outside for the Renault next to them though.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Exasperated said:

" I've been hit , someone just deliberately  crashed into me " .........Hamilton and Schumacher , Vettel and Webber, Vettel and Leclerc , Senna and Prost.

Two cars do not fit into the same space , the BWT driver should have moved left and made space for the Renault even if he had track position because if you crash then you probably will have damage and if you have damage you are going to ruin your race , hot head or empty headed racing ends badly most of the time.

Just wanted to ask something.

This is the same ranault in the same race 28 laps later. He claims this was a "accident". 

Whats your oppinion on this situation?

The crash led to a safety car btw.

Edited by EVOLimitl3ess
8 hours ago, canrun said:

hello everyone, i would like to hear your opinion on the accident. You can see the situation from both perspectives

Who do you think is to blame? Is it the Renault driver or the BWT driver or is it both to blame?

IMG_3364.MOV

It is definitely the Racing Point's fault. While you both were taking the corner you were wheel-to-wheel with him, and you closed him the door making him collide with you and spin. If he was far away then you wouldn't have the fault. Although you were following the racing line, you must leave space when you are side to side with a driver.

4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

The second one is definitely the Renault driver's fault.

Exactly -- in the first place that is not a spot to overtake at. The Ferrari was following the racing line and the Renault tried to overtake when the Ferrari was already taking the corner. The Renault was also far away from trying to overtake.

9 hours ago, canrun said:

IMG_3364.MOV

This is Force India's fault. He saw that there was another one there, and then you don't take the curve that far in. He definitely should have left space

3 hours ago, EVOLimitl3ess said:

This is the same ranault in the same race 28 laps later. He claims this was a "accident". 

And there are actually no two opinions, clearly Renault's fault. The Renault was far from overtaking, and then stabbing in there on "I'll give it a try" was suboptimal. Or in German: Blöd gelaufen. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
9 hours ago, EVOLimitl3ess said:

In my opinion the only way that could be considered an accident is if the drivers brakes had stopped working  , This driver is either a Joker who does not care or an inexperienced driver of vehicles that is unaware of the principle of cause and effect or has poor spatial awareness or perhaps both , commonly known in a driving situation as an absolute lunatic. Not fun racing against people like that in a game but bizarrely it actually happens IRL F1 when the red mist descends in certain drivers that are prone to emotional stress. Hope is a great thing but can often lead to disappointment  , on a race track it is the reserve of the truly talented , although Verstappens desperate lunge at the Monaco Nouvelle Chicane some years ago may prove that may not be the case.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

In my opinion the only way that could be considered an accident is if the drivers brakes had stopped working  , This driver is either a Joker who does not care or an inexperienced driver of vehicles that is unaware of the principle of cause and effect or has poor spatial awareness or perhaps both , commonly known in a driving situation as an absolute lunatic. Not fun racing against people like that in a game but bizarrely it actually happens IRL F1 when the red mist descends in certain drivers that are prone to emotional stress. Hope is a great thing but can often lead to disappointment  , on a race track it is the reserve of the truly talented , although Verstappens desperate lunge at the Monaco Nouvelle Chicane some years ago may prove that may not be the case.

Although similar to the other situation with the BWT car ,  in the 2nd incident the Ferarri clearly had track position with a greater distance between the two cars and so IMO I would not expect that the Ferrari driver should need to make any allowances for the driver of the Renault as the Renault  driver should in that particular situation back off or if he wants to attempt a pass must attempt a pass on left side of the Ferrari as normal cornering technique means that the car will usually follow a trajectory that means the car will move to the apex of the corner and the move back away from the apex on the exit of the corner it is this basic well known technique of cornering that makes the Renault drivers attempt at a pass down the inside so ridiculous.

• Like 1

Neither, 

The Renault should have moved over to the left,  there was plenty of space before the corner,  hence made his racing line better, 

The BTW CAR  gave too much space, 

I can't really see what the issue was because the video didn't show anything wrong 🤔 

11 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Neither, 

The Renault should have moved over to the left,  there was plenty of space before the corner,  hence made his racing line better, 

The BTW CAR  gave too much space, 

I can't really see what the issue was because the video didn't show anything wrong 🤔 

This is basically what happened  https://youtu.be/WBForKcFWoA  but in the video posted by the OP  the Renault driver was further back and just clipped the back of the BWT car because the BWT driver failed to look after his own interests and just relied on the ability of the Renault driver to do the right thing , which he obviously did'nt for whatever reason and so there was a minor collision.