Jump to content Jump to content

Multiplayer Safety Ranking

Hi all,

Have recently been playing a fair amount of ranked multiplayer and am wondering how the safety rating is calculated - I’ve noticed a drop in my rating even though I had no incidents, penalties or small knocks into other drivers (I leave plenty of room).

How is this possible?

Any thoughts appreciated.

It's knackered mate it's an absolute joke. 

Get penged off the track at a chicane you'll lose 8+ points. run a clean race finish where you started you'll gain 1. 

Unless you can run way out front and qualify pole, you'll be c/d safety like 90% of the player base. There is no way out. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Get penged off the track at a chicane you'll lose 8+ points. run a clean race finish where you started you'll gain 1. 

Unless you can run way out front and qualify pole, you'll be c/d safety like 90% of the player base. There is no way out. 

Agree 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

Cheers for the response mate.

I was really surprised to be honest as I made an extra effort to avoid others - and to drop rating percentage points after that took the biscuit. To be fair, it hasn’t happened much, but left me throughly confused.

Slowly managing to claw myself up the safety ratings now.

Is it true that the lobby system matches you up based on this rating? My ultimate goal is to avoid those attempting first-corner “heroics”...

Edited by Monzie83
On 5/23/2021 at 11:00 PM, xirdneHimiJ said:

Trust me it happens a lot even if you have the highest possible rating. But in the process you learn how to avoid most of the malice.

Well - is that the way it is meant to be played - 

Think about this would happen every weekend in real life ???

I managed an A but because my rank wasn't to hot I was relegated to empty servers.

Now I just race and let the safety rating sort itself out. I stay between a high c and a mid B. 

You also get dinged for multiple warnings even if you aren't given a penalty.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fionnlagh said:

You also get dinged for multiple warnings even if you aren't given a penalty

Good to know - explains a lot with my recent experiences.

I managed to get up to an S rating, but after a few mishaps from me/ others hitting into me, track limit warning and game crashes at the wrong times I’m back down to a B.

Amazing how quickly it lowers the rating but is so hard to build back up. Further compounded by the fact that as your rating lowers you’re more likely to have kamikaze drivers hit you causing your rating to go down further. 

Some further (perhaps strange - to me at least) things to report:

- I cut a corner (wheels locked up in the wet) but hit nobody in the race or any other track limit warnings. Got a 2 second penalty and safety rating percentage went down a whopping 60%. (Makes sense if rating is lowered for track limits)

- game crashes in between qualifying and race, safety rating goes down 10% after a perfect next race (no collisions or track limit warnings)

- overtaking someone in the middle of the straight and well before braking zone, they’re on the racing line, I’m not, I hold my line but leave plenty of room, they ram me off and I crash, my safety rating goes down 15%

I can understand why the track limit warnings might lower safety rating but it shouldn’t be so much. And it’s bonkers that it lowers my rating if the game crashes through no fault of my own.

I want to get my rating back up to an A - the drivers in those lobbies raced much safer and it was much more enjoyable even though I was always in the middle of the pack.

5 hours ago, Monzie83 said:

Good to know - explains a lot with my recent experiences.

I managed to get up to an S rating, but after a few mishaps from me/ others hitting into me, track limit warning and game crashes at the wrong times I’m back down to a B.

Amazing how quickly it lowers the rating but is so hard to build back up. Further compounded by the fact that as your rating lowers you’re more likely to have kamikaze drivers hit you causing your rating to go down further. 

Some further (perhaps strange - to me at least) things to report:

- I cut a corner (wheels locked up in the wet) but hit nobody in the race or any other track limit warnings. Got a 2 second penalty and safety rating percentage went down a whopping 60%. (Makes sense if rating is lowered for track limits)

- game crashes in between qualifying and race, safety rating goes down 10% after a perfect next race (no collisions or track limit warnings)

- overtaking someone in the middle of the straight and well before braking zone, they’re on the racing line, I’m not, I hold my line but leave plenty of room, they ram me off and I crash, my safety rating goes down 15%

I can understand why the track limit warnings might lower safety rating but it shouldn’t be so much. And it’s bonkers that it lowers my rating if the game crashes through no fault of my own.

I want to get my rating back up to an A - the drivers in those lobbies raced much safer and it was much more enjoyable even though I was always in the middle of the pack.

Welcome - had S Rating but no one in a 25 % lobby - 

went to 5 laps and did some races to achieve B ….

Now full lobbies on B with all the noise - nice - 

Stopped now to play as it is just a waste of time ….