Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#WishlistWednesday - 19/08/15

Haven't done one of these in a while (been busy working though the last lot ;) )

For those newcomers #WishlistWednesday is a chance for you to ask for anything big or small you'd like to see adding to DiRT Rally.

This week you get just one wish and it needs to be either a new feature or an improvement to an existing one.

Post them up below and don't forget to like other ideas you like.

Realistic damage! Massively more damage, and more noticeable effects from any damage taken.

You should remove the countdown timer or redo it in rallycross. It will make the starts much more exiting when you have to look for the light to turn green before launching.

I'd be awesome to see some old school WRC cars appear in the game, like 99-07!

Multiplayer, single stage time trials similar to Trackmania. If you don't know how it works in Trackmania, you connect to a server and drive the same track as everyone else w/ unlimited attempts to set the best time you can before the time limit is up. There's no collision on cars of course, and you can toggle visibility if you'd rather they be transparent or invisible. I think this could be super fun in Dirt Rally. Sprint stages could have a 10 minute time limit, Long stages could have a 20 minute time limit. When time is up, drivers are rewarded with credits based on their position. Then, the server switches to another stage/car that's either chosen randomly by the server or perhaps voted on. If you want to take a break or watch someone else drive then you can enter spectating mode.

Obligatory request for fixed/better leaderboards.

As you guys now have the WRX-License.

- A True WRX game, with all rules, cars and tracks!

Let's see, a new feature or an improvement to existent ones...

Replays then! Yes, you already have them, but the system could use more replay angles, a basic free-camera mode for screenshot taking and of course, the ability to save said replays for posterity.

An Input overlay similar to wheeler but which works on replays. The code is already there it currently just moves the driver's feet.

Hi justbiglee, try to take in consideration the hole bunch of guys that are true keyboard players, for that reason I still think that the a.i drivers difficulty level in rally carrer mode is "stupid" my request is a "small" patch in the game that makes you chose the level of difficulty sim for hardcore steering whell people, pro, medium easy for keyboard or gamepad drivers...best regards  ....

Please allow all cars on all tracks. Hillcimb and Rallycross beasts would be fun on regular tracks

Big stupid idea a just had, its a fact that you guys are having trouble with licencing of the wrc tracks and cars, why not try in another place for example the IRC championship they look much more open and probably looking for some good publicity of the almost dead championship, changing topic if you guys made a custom rally carrer mode where we could rite name of the championship and incorporate the rally stages we wanted...just idea 

It would be nice if we could choose which tires to use for the stages between service.

The most of fun we could get at Monte with studs or no studs...

Or Soft and Hard compound for wet or dry conditions...

This would make the game more alive, you can gamble with your tires or just use the save ones.

1) Either the removal of the need for career mode to upgrade cars for league play, or the integration of career with leagues (get money, get car upgrades).

2) A plan for post-release content. Does not need to be public, announcing DLC before a game is released always seems to go wrong, so feel free to keep it under wraps.

3) If #2 is not going to happen a toolset for modders to supply tracks.

Thanks!

For the league race would be fine, or give the possibility to earns extra money or change that the contract of mechanics will not be decreased depending on the number of races.

@justbiglee - seeing the suspension pop-up through the bonnet (after relevant contact) would be outstanding, but I understand that would be quite difficult to do. 

I would like to be able to drive RWD cars on RX tracks like it was in dirt 2.
I guess touring cars wont be added in the rx section so i hope ya give us the chance to use the RWD cars from rally.

These are Rallycross based wishes.

: Remove the countdown from the RX starts, this is a must for PVP.

: Allow all cars to run the RX mode. The 70's and group B cars would be a blast. This is also a must for any league based PVP.

(I guess I can steal another wish after posting in steam)
Manual windshield wipers. Makes me cringe hearing the dirt scratching my brand new windshield.