Jump to content Jump to content

Can @BarryBLor anyone else explain how the beta draft is done, even People that i know who never play f1 really or/and are never active on the forums still got the code and invite, shame its done so random instead of being based of activity on the forums and the game itself if i'm honest?

Posted (edited)

It is just a luck Thing. I mean Barry said about 40% of the applicants will get an invite

So nearly every second.... I have also about 400h on 2020 and 600 on 2019 and and didnt get an invite both Times....

Same for forum activity. Some People have 0 Post or Complete fresh account

Just a luck Thing, next time, next try 🙂

Edited by Exodium

AFAIK Santa Claus tells them who has been naughty and who has been nice. 

Remains to be seen if the partnership will continue since Santa Claus is with Coca-Cola and EA has an agreement with Pepsi. 

Anyway, my fault for watching [redacted] without using incognito mode. 

• Haha 2

It is pure luck, pretty strange tbh.

I saw someone who registered an forum account 1 May and got in. Me after 3 years of trying still not in it.

I think they just put random names in a wheel or something and spin it. Pretty weird in my opinion.

It should just be an open beta so there is as many people as possible testing the game. This way the game can have lots of people testing the stability of the system.  Instead of a day one disaster as I once expect again this year. Opps, by saying that, I just made sure that I have no chance at next years beta.

• Agree 1
31 minutes ago, Martijn5402 said:

I saw someone who registered an forum account 1 May and got in. Me after 3 years of trying still not in it.

I think they just put random names in a wheel or something and spin it. Pretty weird in my opinion.

It certainly is not pure luck. Here are some examples of how to get in to the beta (coming from someone who's been here for five years in a row now)

• Participate in test sessions
  • Participate in CMFC events or hang around with us on a regular basis
  • Be a memorable user from the Technical Assistance forum (Example: steviejay)
  • Have significant contributions on the General Discussion side for a long period of time
  • Read through the beta application thoroughly and please write 'None' if you don't want to test 2P career

and so on. Generally, being active with us without bothering us is a great way of getting in. Obviously you have a chance to get into the beta without being active, but then you're battling against over 10 000 other applicants 🙂 

• Agree 8
1 hour ago, Martijn5402 said:

37 minutes ago, UP100 said:

It certainly is not pure luck. Here are some examples of how to get in to the beta (coming from someone who's been here for five years in a row now)

• Participate in test sessions
  • Participate in CMFC events or hang around with us on a regular basis
  • Be a memorable user from the Technical Assistance forum (Example: steviejay)
  • Have significant contributions on the General Discussion side for a long period of time
  • Read through the beta application thoroughly and please write 'None' if you don't want to test 2P career

and so on. Generally, being active with us without bothering us is a great way of getting in. Obviously you have a chance to get into the beta without being active, but then you're battling against over 10 000 other applicants 🙂 

But still doesnt make up for all the People that got the code that first of all dont play the game that often and only made an forum Just for the beta

• Agree 1

@UP100

Seems very odd to me that one of the factors that should be on your list above is time actually playing the game. As a person that has logged days worth of hours actually playing 2020 and other older versions. I feel cheated.  People who have put in the time to actually play the game should be the ones to be rewarded. Again, this seems like something that should be part of the decision making process. 

• Agree 2
31 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

@UP100

Seems very odd to me that one of the factors that should be on your list above is time actually playing the game. As a person that has logged days worth of hours actually playing 2020 and other older versions. I feel cheated.  People who have put in the time to actually play the game should be the ones to be rewarded. Again, this seems like something that should be part of the decision making process. 

I agree with you
people who play the game should have priority, not people who just create their profile just to sing up for beta.Question is how codies would know this,of course they can add questions on beta form,or maybe something different

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

@UP100

I think that if you feel cheated for not getting in, we made the right choice.

There isn't really a reason to prefer people who have kept the game open for the longest at the moment

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

It is what it is I have been trying to get into the beta testing of the F1 game on 2019, 2020 & 2021 and never got an invite it just the way it is sometimes I'm just hope that the game comes out with a steelbook edition eventually iv been getting them since i started playing f1 games.

8 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I think that if you feel cheated for not getting in, we made the right choice.

There isn't really a reason to prefer people who have kept the game open for the longest at the moment

Well imo People that are active and loyal should be getting the beta first, + it also helps to avoid People leaking stuff cuz the more experience the player is with the game and forums, the less chance stuff will get leaked

@UP100

I'm sorry if I offended you by saying I felt cheated. After 4 years of trying to get into the beta and not once being selected but yet playing for hours upon hours. I feel I have  deep understanding of the game. This was my point. I feel with that amount of hours of play I have, I would have a good eye for issues, was my point. I do however wish to say that I now feel offended by your "I think that if you feel cheated for not getting in, we made the right choice." comment.  As I thought you stated, by being part of the community would increase my odds next year, but why bother if you are going to be offended if I do not agree with you here on the forum.

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Wessel112002 said:

Well imo People that are active and loyal should be getting the beta first, + it also helps to avoid People leaking stuff cuz the more experience the player is with the game and forums, the less chance stuff will get leaked

And to add to that, more experience with the game and with the forums, the better the feedback will be for codemasters, so if you look at it in this way its a bit unlogical how this went IMO

30 minutes ago, Wessel112002 said:

At least how I see it, most people I recognize by name got in, so I'd say most of those who were active and loyal got in

Having the game open doesn't really tell you either of those things. Even if it did, someone could easily just keep the game open 24/7 in order to cheat the system, so I don't think it's a good merit to use

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, UP100 said:

At least how I see it, most people I recognize by name got in, so I'd say most of those who were active and loyal got in

Having the game open doesn't really tell you either of those things. Even if it did, someone could easily just keep the game open 24/7 in order to cheat the system, so I don't think it's a good merit to use

Well that last thing is a bit nonsense cuz just no one will do that every day in order to get into the beta + tbh what you said in the first part, for me i know a lot of People and who are the opposite of your story 

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I can safely say this hasn't totally been the case as some people who are not fully active on here and not very active on the game have got in, like iv said it is the way it is its gutting as iv been trying to get into the beta since the 2019 games. Sometimes it does just come down to pot luck ill just have to wait a little bit longer to play the game it happens.

Edited by Kendo84
3 minutes ago, Wessel112002 said:

Well that last thing is a bit nonsense cuz just no one will do that every day in order to get into the beta + tbh what you said in the first part, for me i know a lot of People and who are the opposite of your story 

A lot of people intentionally unlock all steam achievements with a third party app, so why wouldn't they just keep the game open if they want in the beta?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, Kendo84 said:

I can safely say this hasn't totally been the case as some people who are not fully active on here and not very active on the game have got in, like iv said it is the way it is its gutting as iv been trying to get into the beta since the 2019 games. Sometimes it does just come down to pot luck ill just have to wait a little bit longer to play the game it happens.

I'm a bit perplexed by your reply, as I think it is the case that most people that I can recognize by name have gotten into the beta 🙃

Considering that there were 4500 spots, there was going to be a good percentage of people that aren't forum users. I think you could argue that there are less than 200 properly active forum users. For example the CMFC group chat has only 89 members, most of which are inactive.

I don't know if you saw it but I shared a few tips on how to get into the beta here. Good luck for the future 🙂 

• Haha 1

I recognize many of the names from the last year's BETA and there is a very good reason for that.

Having 1000+ hours in the game could mean very little when it comes to proper bug reporting, focusing on particular areas to test and valuable feedback.

• Agree 2

Ultimately it's in Codemasters' interest to have a team of beta testers that will provide the sort of testing and feedback that they're after. As such they won't wilfully reject good applicants. On the other hand, how much time do any of us really want Codemasters' staff to be wading through 12,000 applications rather than focusing on their core job roles? 

On the 'hours played' metric I'll just comment that whilst good beta testers will clearly be those able to spend an appreciable amount of time actually playing the beta, I do think there is scope for focusing heavily on more experienced players to actually be detrimental depending on quite what is being tested. I say this as the in-game experience of better players is a different one to that of slower/less experienced drivers. To give a couple of examples, better players are unlikely to get much out of testing lower AI levels or assist options. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, UP100 said:

I'm a bit perplexed by your reply, as I think it is the case that most people that I can recognize by name have gotten into the beta 🙃

Considering that there were 4500 spots, there was going to be a good percentage of people that aren't forum users. I think you could argue that there are less than 200 properly active forum users. For example the CMFC group chat has only 89 members, most of which are inactive.

I don't know if you saw it but I shared a few tips on how to get into the beta here. Good luck for the future 🙂 

All i ment is that it isn't always the case that you need to be active as your saying is the way you needed to be active as your saying best do what you have suggested to get into the beta it isnt always the case, Also as a moderator your tone in the reply back comes across a bit snobby need to be a bit mindfull how your coming across to people. 

Edited by Kendo84
  • Agree 1
  • UP100 locked this topic