Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, Kendo84 said:

All i ment is that it isn't always the case that you need to be active as your saying is the way you needed to be active as your saying best do what you have suggested to get into the beta it isnt always the case

The message I've linked have basically the highest chances of getting in. As I said, it's not the only way (though those are the preferred way). The other ways are just significantly more chance based as you need to be picked out of thousands and thousands of people 🙂 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

I did a little research last night. I have 45 weekly event Elite trophies  and 3 Esports Expert trophies on F1 2020 to date. I have 13,702 miles driven & 47 hours playing time in online weekly events. As I only play TT, single player GP, weekly event & Esports Qualifying modes. NO more, no less. If I was to go through and add up the the miles driven and hours played to include all four modes I play it would be something like 40,000 to 50,000 miles driven and over 200 hours of playing time (these numbers are guesses but are truly close to the truth). That is for F1 2020, I also have been running every 2019 weekly event since they restarted running them after the release of 2020. If I was to add in my hours and miles driven to include both 2019 & 2020, you could pretty much double my numbers. I play both versions every day. The only time I missed this year was the few days when I did not have a wheel as mine broke and I had to wait for a new one to ship. I still managed to find and hookup my piece of junk T-150 and still get some laps in. I just did not run the weekly events that week. I feel I have proved my love for the F1 series with this as the proof. The current system by which beta testers are chosen is flawed. These point below should be what counts.

1, Date of issue of F1 license.

2, Days logged into the 2020 gave since release

3, Hours playing F1 2020

4, miles driven in F1 2020

5, Playing older versions (F1 2019) of the series

6, It should be a points base decision by the items above and not a human choice. Our loyalty to the game and playing time should be rewarded. Let the numbers make the decision.

There should be a few rules.

1, In one year, not eligible the following year. After a year off, you are again eligible again and go back into the pool using the numbers from the system above. This way other people get a chance.

2, If there is 2,000 testers per version (PC, PS & Xbox) only 200 of these can be chosen by CM employees. The other 1,800 per version are pick by the number system not a human choice.

3, If you are given a chance at a tester you must log in without missing more then 48 hours consecutively. If you go over 48 hours, you are out and not eligible the next year. 

4, Everyday you log in on the beta test, you must submit some kind of report of how your time playing went.  To insure CM is getting feedback. 

5, Forum moderators should not be eligible as they should be neutral parties.

Edited by Getts0388
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

 

I did a little research last night. I have 45 weekly event Elite trophies  and 3 Esports Expert trophies on F1 2020 to date. I have 13,702 miles driven & 47 hours playing time in online weekly events. As I only play TT, single player GP, weekly event & Esports Qualifying modes. NO more, no less. If I was to go through and add up the the miles driven and hours played to include all four modes I play it would be something like 40,000 to 50,000 miles driven and over 200 hours of playing time (these numbers are guesses but are truly close to the truth). That is for F1 2020, I also have been running every 2019 weekly event since they restarted running them after the release of 2020. If I was to add in my hours and miles driven to include both 2019 & 2020, you could pretty much double my numbers. I play both versions every day. The only time I missed this year was the few days when I did not have a wheel as mine broke and I had to wait for a new one to ship. I still managed to find and hookup my piece of junk T-150 and still get some laps in. I just did not run the weekly events that week. I feel I have proved my love for the F1 series with this as the proof. The current system by which beta testers are chosen is flawed. These point below should be what counts.

1, Date of issue of F1 license.

2, Days logged into the 2020 gave since release

3, Hours playing F1 2020

4, miles driven in F1 2020

5, Playing older versions (F1 2019) of the series

6, It should be a points base decision by the items above and not a human choice. Our loyalty to the game and playing time should be rewarded. Let the numbers make the decision.

There should be a few rules.

1, In one year, not eligible the following year. After a year off, you are again eligible again and go back into the pool using the numbers from the system above. This way other people get a chance.

2, If there is 2,000 testers per version (PC, PS & Xbox) only 200 of these can be chosen by CM employees. The other 1,800 per version are pick by the number system not a human choice.

3, If you are given a chance at a tester you must log in without missing more then 48 hours consecutively. If you go over 48 hours, you are out and not eligible the next year. 

4, Everyday you log in on the beta test, you must submit some kind of report of how your time playing went.  To insure CM is getting feedback. 

5, Forum moderators should not be eligible as they should be neutral parties.

Crying about it here will not help. It's been stated people have been chosen and that's it. The game is out soon and the beta is not an early access to the game at all! I think this thread along with the other betas have ran their course now. Let the testing commence when access is given and just get on with it. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

2, If there is 2,000 testers per version (PC, PS & Xbox) only 200 of these can be chosen by CM employees.

That is totally unreasonable. The point of the beta is to help Codemasters develop their game so they can choose whoever they want, however they want.

Far too many people seem to be viewing participation in the beta as some sort of reward rather than what it actually is.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

is the code being sent already?? if that is the case, i wish everyone that got chosen a huge congrats, you guys got a huge opportunities to help develop the game before it got released to the public. enjoy it😁

Edited by Junbee
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@tarrantino

Why do you have to say that I'm crying. If you don't agree with me, why do you have to try offend me? This is an open forum and as far as I know I'm aloud to post how I feel. There no need to act your way here. This is one of the issues here.

Edited by Getts0388
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ultra3142

I was just trying to say that we should look into giving a reason to the people to play the game and prove their loyalty to the series. I just feel that the players who prove their love for the game/series with playing time should be rewarded in some way. As I feel these are the people that would be best for helping CM. Just as an incentive to continue playing. If you do not agree with me, I understand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

 

I did a little research last night. I have 45 weekly event Elite trophies  and 3 Esports Expert trophies on F1 2020 to date. I have 13,702 miles driven & 47 hours playing time in online weekly events. As I only play TT, single player GP, weekly event & Esports Qualifying modes. NO more, no less. If I was to go through and add up the the miles driven and hours played to include all four modes I play it would be something like 40,000 to 50,000 miles driven and over 200 hours of playing time (these numbers are guesses but are truly close to the truth). That is for F1 2020, I also have been running every 2019 weekly event since they restarted running them after the release of 2020. If I was to add in my hours and miles driven to include both 2019 & 2020, you could pretty much double my numbers. I play both versions every day. The only time I missed this year was the few days when I did not have a wheel as mine broke and I had to wait for a new one to ship. I still managed to find and hookup my piece of junk T-150 and still get some laps in. I just did not run the weekly events that week. I feel I have proved my love for the F1 series with this as the proof. The current system by which beta testers are chosen is flawed. These point below should be what counts.

1, Date of issue of F1 license.

2, Days logged into the 2020 gave since release

3, Hours playing F1 2020

4, miles driven in F1 2020

5, Playing older versions (F1 2019) of the series

6, It should be a points base decision by the items above and not a human choice. Our loyalty to the game and playing time should be rewarded. Let the numbers make the decision.

There should be a few rules.

1, In one year, not eligible the following year. After a year off, you are again eligible again and go back into the pool using the numbers from the system above. This way other people get a chance.

2, If there is 2,000 testers per version (PC, PS & Xbox) only 200 of these can be chosen by CM employees. The other 1,800 per version are pick by the number system not a human choice.

3, If you are given a chance at a tester you must log in without missing more then 48 hours consecutively. If you go over 48 hours, you are out and not eligible the next year. 

4, Everyday you log in on the beta test, you must submit some kind of report of how your time playing went.  To insure CM is getting feedback. 

5, Forum moderators should not be eligible as they should be neutral parties.

I do not agree with the guidelines you proposed because:
1) Anyone can turn on the game and earn hours in 2020 or an older edition of the game
2) Beta is not about driving as many kilometres as possible, it is about finding bugs that should be eliminated
3) It wouldn't be fair if someone who tried really hard and reported the best for example in the 2020 beta couldn't compete in the 2021 beta.
4) Why should numbers in most cases decide who should get in and who should not
5) Everyone has their own life. Maybe someone has an accident, e.g. power failure, internet, a lot of studying and can't play beta. Why should I be disadvantaged 
6) There is something for that, which unfortunately I cannot say.
7) Why should moderators not be able to get into the F1 2021 beta. They are the same as every user and every one of them has the right to decide if they want to get in or not.
I hope you understood what I meant.
You need to accept that you didn't get in and try next year.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

@Ultra3142

I was just trying to say that we should look into giving a reason to the people to play the game and prove their loyalty to the series. I just feel that the players who prove their love for the game/series with playing time should be rewarded in some way. As I feel these are the people that would be best for helping CM. Just as an incentive to continue playing. If you do not agree with me, I understand. 

I'm not sure if it was in this thread or another where I've posted this but I feel it's actually important to include players with a range of experience/skill levels, since their in-game experiences will be different.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ultra3142& @Pawel567

I completely hear and understand you but UP100's comment to me yesterday stating that they made the right choice by not selecting me, just makes me feel that some really good potential testers are being overlooked just due how he worded his comment. It seems to kinda be saying that the testers chosen are based on the buddy system not merit.  I just feel the system is flawed. As I know this is my own personnel opinion, but this is a open forum for discussion and I was merely trying to see how others felt. But of course, it did take long until someone to cross the line and turn the adult discussion into a name calling debate. I was trying to keep it civil with no mane calling or cursing. Failed again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nightfire1964

To be honest, I just threw that in for fun. I am more for trying to get the community to grow and by giving us players and newcomers alike an incentive to continue playing the series. This was more of what I was getting at. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post.  I welcome the adult conversation. Take care.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Getts0388 said:

 

I did a little research last night. I have 45 weekly event Elite trophies  and 3 Esports Expert trophies on F1 2020 to date. I have 13,702 miles driven & 47 hours playing time in online weekly events. As I only play TT, single player GP, weekly event & Esports Qualifying modes. NO more, no less. If I was to go through and add up the the miles driven and hours played to include all four modes I play it would be something like 40,000 to 50,000 miles driven and over 200 hours of playing time (these numbers are guesses but are truly close to the truth). That is for F1 2020, I also have been running every 2019 weekly event since they restarted running them after the release of 2020. If I was to add in my hours and miles driven to include both 2019 & 2020, you could pretty much double my numbers. I play both versions every day. The only time I missed this year was the few days when I did not have a wheel as mine broke and I had to wait for a new one to ship. I still managed to find and hookup my piece of junk T-150 and still get some laps in. I just did not run the weekly events that week. I feel I have proved my love for the F1 series with this as the proof. The current system by which beta testers are chosen is flawed. These point below should be what counts.

1, Date of issue of F1 license.

2, Days logged into the 2020 gave since release

3, Hours playing F1 2020

4, miles driven in F1 2020

5, Playing older versions (F1 2019) of the series

6, It should be a points base decision by the items above and not a human choice. Our loyalty to the game and playing time should be rewarded. Let the numbers make the decision.

There should be a few rules.

1, In one year, not eligible the following year. After a year off, you are again eligible again and go back into the pool using the numbers from the system above. This way other people get a chance.

2, If there is 2,000 testers per version (PC, PS & Xbox) only 200 of these can be chosen by CM employees. The other 1,800 per version are pick by the number system not a human choice.

3, If you are given a chance at a tester you must log in without missing more then 48 hours consecutively. If you go over 48 hours, you are out and not eligible the next year. 

4, Everyday you log in on the beta test, you must submit some kind of report of how your time playing went.  To insure CM is getting feedback. 

5, Forum moderators should not be eligible as they should be neutral parties.

Hi @Getts0388

Some interesting points raised here.

With the selection process, I am always interested in improvements. I'll try and tackle these where I can.

1./ A little irrelevant. Counter argument here would be pre-ordering would improve BETA chances in the future, which can be seen as unfair. Whether you have the game for however long doesn't mean a thing compared to BETA selection. Or anything in that matter.

2./ Very hard to measure, as would be a lot of data. Same with 3,4, and 5.

6./ Fair comment. we try to base it off the back of players who have shown they can give feedback. I understand some will be disappointed, and maybe not everyone gets on. For that, I will make sure we continue to refine our process year on year.

Rules

1./ Would like it performance based. People who contribute to the improvement of the game should have a case to come back. 

2./ Would take a lot of support, but something to consider for sure.

3 and 4./ Impossible to enforce for a huge amount of people. Also, BETA is voluntary and there's no contract there in terms of times and demands. We rely on the good faith of people to test the game to report us issues.

5./ Forum Moderators also race extensively in-game too, and are a part of our league. They are trusted users, and should reap the rewards of their voluntary hard work.

Hope this answers a few of your questions. But for sure, we'll continue to work on improving the process so we can get the best people who will report as much feedback as possible. At the moment, I empathise that some users may have a right to feel aggrieved and disappointed, which is fair. But we will continue to improve processes, and get to a point where we can have as many reliable and regular bug reporters as possible. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Just now, Gallearsc said:

I hope to help eradicate any bugs etc before release, bring on the testing 😁

Remember this is the 2020 forum here bud 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BarryBL

Thank you taking time to read me post as I was only trying to keep it fair for all. As a long time lover of CM, I understand that you guys went through hell to get the beta going. Again, I'm just looking for it to be fair for all. I know threw some way out there items but I was trying to get the communities thoughts and keep and civilized conversation going.  If just one of these items caused you to think about this, it was worth it. Thanks again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

@BarryBL

Thank you taking time to read me post as I was only trying to keep it fair for all. As a long time lover of CM, I understand that you guys went through hell to get the beta going. Again, I'm just looking for it to be fair for all. I know threw some way out there items but I was trying to get the communities thoughts and keep and civilized conversation going.  If just one of these items caused you to think about this, it was worth it. Thanks again.

Agreed, no issues here. 

You are right. We do look at improving processes for selection every year. I agree that it isn't perfect, and will always try to consider better way to select our testers that are based on merit.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Getts0388 said:

@UP100

Seems very odd to me that one of the factors that should be on your list above is time actually playing the game. As a person that has logged days worth of hours actually playing 2020 and other older versions. I feel cheated.  People who have put in the time to actually play the game should be the ones to be rewarded. Again, this seems like something that should be part of the decision making process. 

So you feel entitled just because you have a lot of hours in the game? Experience of the game is most likely part of the decision, but there are many other criteria they chose from as well. Someone feeling entitled isn't though.

Beta testing isn't fun and games, it's doing hard work to find problems, document and report them properly. Do you feel entitled to that as well? Probably not.

Sure, beta testing can be fun as well of course but I think most people that apply have no idea what it really means. I've beta tested a lot of software before and sometimes it's just gruesome but if I've taken upon me to do it I'll finish it as well. I've seen all to many times people getting into betas and then quitting when they realise they have to actually do hard work. As long as it's "fun" it's ok, when it's not that fun anymore they disappear. That kind of participant is completely worthless to the developers.

Still feel entitled?

 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lakrits

I never once said that I was entitled to anything. I was simply saying my opinion. If you read my post, it's about giving people incentive to continue playing and increase the community. Please do not put words in my mouth. I am 100% positive there are many more people with many more hours then me. This is open forum for discussion, if you do not agree with that is your right and you are free to add your opinion. Again, I never said that I was entitled to anything!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure whether it's any sort of a factor at all, but last time in 2019 beta application there was a column where you'd include why do you want participate. I don't recall I had written something significant apart from obvious like common annoying bugs that time but luckily I was selected last year. 

For those who did not make it, I honestly can say don't feel bad about it. This is not something that one should be despair for. 🤝

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

@Lakrits

I never once said that I was entitled to anything. I was simply saying my opinion. If you read my post, it's about giving people incentive to continue playing and increase the community. Please do not put words in my mouth. I am 100% positive there are many more people with many more hours then me. This is open forum for discussion, if you do not agree with that is your right and you are free to add your opinion. Again, I never said that I was entitled to anything!

Well, that you feel cheated isn't an opinion and by definition "People who have put in the time to actually play the game should be the ones to be rewarded" breathes entitlement.

But I've given my point of view on this. I won't argue more with you about it. My wording is probably harsh but considering your wording I don't know what other way to respond.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Getts0388 said:

If you read my post, it's about giving people incentive to continue playing

Generally people don't go looking for incentives to do things they are solely doing for pleasure anyway... The incentive to play the F1 games is hopefully that you have fun doing so 🙂.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • UP100 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...