USB Handbrake

I've seen some, but they are no less then 200 euros, I have found a thread here that might be interesting, you could make it yourself for about 40 pounds.
-- > http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/tronics-diy-usb-real-handbrake.1341/

The Fanatec one works great.
It's fairly stout, and uses it's own interface to connect.

They're running $120 in the US, with the USB adapter for them.
I'm not sure what the European pricing is though.

+1 for the Fanatec one, have used a friends, and will be getting my own shortly.

JZStudios said:
My question is how are you guys mounting it? do you have a desk or full race rig?

I got an obutto ozone race rig and drilled it to the gear mount as I only use the sequential shifters on my wheel anyway.

griev0r said:
Does Dirt Rally support analog handbrake?  It's still just an on/off switch right?

It detects the handbrake as "axis-x" but in the calibration screen their is no slider graphic to show the axis working. That said, it does feel in game that the more you pull on the handbrake, the more effective it becomes.

Not sure if that's just a placebo effect or not, but works well anyway :)

Perhaps @KickUp could shed some light on it?

JZStudios said:
My question is how are you guys mounting it? do you have a desk or full race rig?
I have a cockpit setup that's similar to an arcade cabinet, so I just screwed it to the inside of the right wall, mounted vertically.
You could probably do the same thing on the leg of a desk, if it's in the right position.
There are screw holes all over the thing, and the handle is reversible, allowing it to be mounted in a variety of orientations.

Evilsmurf said:
JZStudios said:

I got an obutto ozone race rig and drilled it to the gear mount as I only use the sequential shifters on my wheel anyway.

Interesting, I haven't heard of Obutto, but I've been looking for rigs. Recommended? I currently use a cheap Chinese wheelstand that I  mountes a piece of wood onto, and my Fanatec shifter on that so I could get that ridiculous table clamp out of my kneees, was thinking about making some kind of adapter to attach to the side of the shifter, but i feel like it might break the cheesy wheelstand.

Do we know if analog handbrakes will be supported in Dirt 4? 

This is a 3D printed handbrake and sequential shifter I made a few weeks ago. Still need to set the handbrake up on my rig though...

Oh look what i dug up 🙂

Has anyone found a good priced USB handbrake?  I don't need an analogue one, digital is fine, i literally use my 4th gear right now, so i was hoping for something i can buy that's cheaper than the Clubsport one, which costs, what? $140 once you bought the USB adaptor as well 😞  

Having spent some time looking a few years back, you are going to struggle to find one much cheaper I'm afraid. My clubsport one stopped being recognised on my PS4 after DiRT Rally (D4 didn't recognise it at all) So at the moment it is not being used as my pc is in another room and not hooked up to my Obutto set up...

It's looking like I'll have to sell some body parts to fund one of the massively over priced Thrustmaster units...

You have a few options at this price point, most of which are going to be eBay/Amazon buys like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Handbrake-Clamp-Windows-Racing-FANATECOSW/dp/B07K2TGHLQ

You can also step up to the Clubsport Handbrake from Fanatec for a bit more:

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/sim-racing-hardware/clubsport-handbrake-v1-5.html

But if you want to get the really good stuff you'll be looking at over $200 to get the full experience with hydraulic or load-cell:

https://heusinkveld.com/products/shifters-handbrakes/sim-handbrake-2/?v=7516fd43adaa

I have the Fanatec handbrake. It's a nice piece of hardware, and while the price may seem high, it's nothing compared to most of the other stuff on the market. Seems like Fanatec is one of the few hardware developers not sticking to the massively expensive boutique sim racing hardware market where people spend more on their sim rigs than I do on my REAL car.

Edited by ShodanCat

1 hour ago, ShodanCat said:

people spend more on their sim rigs than I do on my REAL car.

I mean, to be fair, some of us record more miles on our sim rigs in a week than we do in our daily drivers so...

hundreds ,literally of USB handbrakes for pc have popped up lately on eBay,all over.Lot of them under $100

Alright, @ChristinaMc I want you to understand what @F2CMaDMaXX and everyone else in that discord did to me. I needed that loadcell handbrake for 2.0, there was no other option

SUkJoH7.png
image.png.424edd01b926e92b0065a58c66055e04.png

Edited by CatBadders

still puzzles me why logitech and thrustmaster dont make a basic one. would sell like hotcakes.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, dgeesi0 said:

still puzzles me why logitech and thrustmaster dont make a basic one. would sell like hotcakes.

If they could do it for around $60-$70 I think they'd find a decent market for them, but I don't know if they could pull it off and still have it feel as good for that price point.

They could do something, i'm sure.  I've been using the Logitech H pattern with a rubber band round it to utilise 4th gear, it's been working perfect - it's by no means a full size handbrake, but it's not needed on a budget, i never found it lacking until the band broke...