Jump to content Jump to content

Will F1 2021 have any multiplayer improvements, the community's thoughts?

AS I started playing the F1 series a lot back in about 2015 as I was at that time racing NASCAR online in a sim rig I pieced together. I found that everybody on NASCAR just wanted to use the "rubbing is racing" theory. With NASCAR's damage model being very poor, I switched to GT Sport thinking I would find better racing there. Again, I was wrong. I then focused on the F1 series as I figured they would have a much better damage policy. It took about a year to finally realize the "ranked" racing sucks on the F1 series. So I started only to race the weekly events. Every year just as the new version is about to release, get excited and tell myself this is the year that CM is really going make a huge overhaul of the multiplayer section of the game. To only be disappointed year after year. Once again we are at the time of year when we start to get releases of the new features. And once again, I feel that multiplayer is barley mentioned.  Seems to be more of a footnote then anything else. This brings me to my question for the community, am I the only one who feels that CM overlooks multiplayer upgrades year after year or is it just me? I have absolutely no interest in career mode at all. Year after year it seems to be top priority with multiplayer just slightly changed. Please community enlighten me, do you feel CM is doing enough, just enough or not doing enough on the multiplayer portion of this game?

Thank you for taking your time to read and respond if you do so

Thanks,

Leon

1 minute ago, Getts0388 said:

AS I started playing the F1 series a lot back in about 2015 as I was at that time racing NASCAR online in a sim rig I pieced together. I found that everybody on NASCAR just wanted to use the "rubbing is racing" theory. With NASCAR's damage model being very poor, I switched to GT Sport thinking I would find better racing there. Again, I was wrong. I then focused on the F1 series as I figured they would have a much better damage policy. It took about a year to finally realize the "ranked" racing sucks on the F1 series. So I started only to race the weekly events. Every year just as the new version is about to release, get excited and tell myself this is the year that CM is really going make a huge overhaul of the multiplayer section of the game. To only be disappointed year after year. Once again we are at the time of year when we start to get releases of the new features. And once again, I feel that multiplayer is barley mentioned.  Seems to be more of a footnote then anything else. This brings me to my question for the community, am I the only one who feels that CM overlooks multiplayer upgrades year after year or is it just me? I have absolutely no interest in career mode at all. Year after year it seems to be top priority with multiplayer just slightly changed. Please community enlighten me, do you feel CM is doing enough, just enough or not doing enough on the multiplayer portion of this game?

Thank you for taking your time to read and respond if you do so

Thanks,

Leon

To my knowledge there will be general improvements with regards to multiplayer, we wait for the gentlemen who have the BETA to be able to test and then we will pass by purchasing the game!

Just one of my thought to improve the weekly events. Generate a "Pro-series" where we can signup if we want to. These weekly events can run in groups of 4 or 5 weeks, with our scores for each week's results added together each week. CM can then rank us be each week as they do now but also rank us with our weekly points earned added together. Then once the 4 or 5 weeks is up, start a new 4 or 5 weeks. Just a thought. 

Posted (edited)

I'd have a few suggestions like above, I'm sure we all would, but the thread is whether we think we'll see improvements and unfortunately I'm not expecting anything major. 

Maybe some general tweaks, but I'm always ready to be surprised. You have one of their staffers, or affiliates, or whatever he is defending their connection setup to the death on a different thread, lol, so we know we're not seeing any sweeping changes to matchmaking or stability. 

Even just a simple thing like being able to choose my car livery in the lobby would be nice. 

Edited by KNT2011
Posted (edited)

I doubt anyone is hugely confident of dramatic improvements to multiplayer in F1 2021 but this close to launch there isn't much point doing anything other than waiting to see how it pans out. I'm confident Codemasters are only too aware of the dissatisfaction with this aspect of the game amongst many who use it, and would clearly like to improve this experience. How easy/cheap it may be to achieve this is another matter.

Regarding game development priorities I'm sure Codemasters have good data on time spent by players in different game modes and my bet is that offline play beats online play by a healthy margin. There is also the question of what sort of changes may drive sales most and my bet is that adding a significant story element to career mode is judged more likely to do this than more nebulous improvements to multiplayer modes would.

Edited by Ultra3142
2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

I'd have a few suggestions like above, I'm sure we all would, but the thread is whether we think we'll see improvements and unfortunately I'm not expecting anything major. 

Maybe some general tweaks, but I'm always ready to be surprised. You have one of their staffers, or affiliates, or whatever he is defending their connection setup to the death on a different thread, lol, so we know we're not seeing any sweeping changes to matchmaking or stability. 

Even just a simple thing like being able to choose my car livery in the lobby would be nice. 

Pls do not implement that - just another event cheaters and rammest try to make as much out of this as they can ….

last event I did. was Spain - it tools me three starts not to get shooted of the track …

most exited was the overtaking by a guy that was ghosted who finally won the race ….

Feel like I'm seeing errors on PS4 when going into races more than ever since the last update as well, nothing else changed my end and no issues across other games. 

I wasn't much of a multiplayer user until this version when I realised I'm actually quite competitive and how much fun it is in bursts to play, but in exploring it you really see the lack of investment made in the mode both in features, quality of life and stability. 

A little bit of love would be nice :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  1. An endurance championship would be nice where your car parts get damaged overtime like career mode and you need to change it etc. You start from the back with penalties.
  2. Race options save. Currently race options save is useless, it doesnt save all the settings. You need to change most of the things when creating a new lobby 😞 
  3. A spectator which can add/remove penalties and stuff. Look AC:C for example
  4. Full race replays with every car watchable. Replay system is so old. Look the current racing games vs F1
  5. Custom points systems
  6. Edits points got in the lobby
  • Agree 4