Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech Driving Force GT - Recommended FFB Settings

I added 20% centre spring, damper and spring effect in Logi profiler last night, felt good too, as it adds some nice weight to the wheel.  
Still running my 135% SAT, 0 torque and tyre friction, 65% collision and suspension (add more if you like) and 0% tyre slip as I find it really interferes with the SAT.

KevM said:
I added 20% centre spring, damper and spring effect in Logi profiler last night, felt good too, as it adds some nice weight to the wheel.  
Still running my 135% SAT, 0 torque and tyre friction, 65% collision and suspension (add more if you like) and 0% tyre slip as I find it really interferes with the SAT.
What I find interfering with SAT is tyre friction, but it gives some useful info about how differential works; thats why I left it at 35%.

Tyre slip is OK to me, even at 100%, it just includes some vibrations when the car drifts (skidding)

@OzoreXS thats lot more than i have experience on my pocket so ill take your word for it  B)

Hey could you put your newest setup here or have you updated that first post? I would totally like to try it.

Did anybody else test OttoWilson FFB mod?

@TuliRally 
I´m keeping updated the first post. The settings you can see threre, are the actual I have configured and using

Also, I´ll try to leve there my last thoughts about "what does what"

@OzoreXS  Roger that! It's testing time again for me, but i try to remember to play the game also :smiley: 

TuliRally said:
@OzoreXS  Roger that! It's testing time again for me, but i try to remember to play the game also :smiley: 
You can test as much as you want, but do something that brings you some credits!!! :smiley: 

Remember, a bunch of new (and expensive, I guess) cars is comming soon.

OzoreXS said:
@OttoWilson & @TuliRally 
Whatch out! I think you are getting wrong the "Steering Center Force" feature.
It just center the steering wheel ONLY if you recover the car after a crash (and the wheel is twisted). Try it out!
Let the car go out of track, gently, until you see the recover message available. Turn the steering wheel to the top of one side and let it stay there and dont touch it.
Then, press the recover button and you will see how this works. It will set you wheel to the center automatically.
The force you set, is the force game will use to do this: stronger = a bit quicker centering.

@Malyngo 
Hey bud, tarmac is another story. Since it is not rich in FFB effects as the gravel, you will feel it a bit "flat". But anyway, is better than default of course.
I'm aware on how the Steering Center Force works originally, but i've modified it to work all the time now
there's a start time and an end time, the end time was after 1s if i recall correctly, the start was at 0s
i've just put the thing to end after 99999999999s (i think there are even more nines lol), so it will never end during gameplay, also i've changed some values (scale and another thing i don't really remember now) for the effect to work in your favour (helping the SAT to change directions more easily). You can make some tests with the car stopped, you will feel the wheel giving some resistance now (which gets stronger the more you turn)

The original idea was to get the FFB more like it was in Richard Burns Rally (i still think it's the best FFB-wise)
On the SAT side of things i got very close, but the suspension feedback still isn't as good, i could make it very informative though, so now i think i just need to tweak from there

The lack of suspension feedback on tarmac is due to the terrain properties though, i think Codies made the tarmac too slick, which may be common for a race track, but for public roads in the middle of nowhere it's not really right, ironically, the tarmac parts of the RX tracks gives more feedback than the rally stages.

For now i will wait for the Modern Masters update to make any more changes to the file, please guys, keep sharing your tests and experiences, i will take into account for when i update the mod

@OttoWilson I think your mod adds something to the feedling on tarmac already. Its not perfect but if the track surface is slick its understandably hard to make it feel something else.

Please let us know when you update your mod.

I found setup with your mod that made the feeling better but maybe little harsh before adding spring and damper.(more below)

For me @OzoreXS setup made me also faster with original files, but it also felt little harsh first then i had to add Spring and damper from profiler to 20% and centering steering 20% not enabled. And it made me faster even more and it didnt feel harsh anymore and i could drive finnish stages without any crashes with condidence. 

Then i tested OttoWilson files again after driving for awhile with original files to really see the difference. Leaving Spring/damper/centering to what i used with orig files. I had to make changes to FFB to compensate stronger feeling of your mod. Now it felt great. Soft but reactive and made my times even faster. Confidence was there and wheel had weight on places where i think it felt natural but still i could react really fast and make big correction moves if necessary. Again i felt a rush of adrenalin driving so fast. Feeling i had lost for a while. Only mistakes where ones i made because i could drive with maximum attack. On the limit. That i could not do week ago.

I felt the same when first trying your mod. But i lost it for a while. With explanation about tyre friction and other things i found it again. Biggest thing for me seem to come from those damper/spring stuff from profiler on both cases. Maybe it smoothens it a bit.

Conclusion: difference between original files ffb with setup from @OzoreXS (with added damper/spring settings from profiler) is not huge compared to @OttoWilson FFB mod with proper FFB balance and same damper/spring settings i used with original ffb files. Mod seem to have more info coming from springs and tyre friction and having smoothened feeling and transition of SAT still keeping it strong. Drivinging feeling is same with both of them. Reactive and in sync with onscreen.
*when using MOD, FFB need to be toned down from ingame settings to not go over the board with DFGT compared to original files. @OttoWilson maybe it would be possible to tone dowm things from your mod? Not necessary but in comparison point of view it would be easier. But dont do anything rushed, It feels so good that i dont want changes to spoil anything!

I will post my latest setup later.

EDIT: Sometimes i wonder how can anyone understand my english at all. I guess that is a price to pay when writing on a rush and with phone :smiley: 

Newest setup.

Logitech profiler
OES 107
Spring 0
Damper 20 (this still under work)
Centering 20 (not enabled, still under work)

ingame
SAT 85
WHEEL FRICTION 0
tyre friction 70
Suspension 100
tyre slip 85
collision 100
Soft lock 150
Steering center force 50

Its not perfect but..

More and more i start to think that FFB setup is about personal taste as car setup in real life. There are some "rules" but somethings are a matter of taste.

Question: I have this weird thing that after 15 min of playing or couple of restarts or rallies etc. Other menu jumping, my wheel start to act strange (after above mentioned things, ). FFB is like offsync and sluggish and overall unpredictable. It gets worse if i keep going. Only restaring game setd everything right again and i have to do that say after every two stages. Anobody have similar problem or idea what is going on?

TuliRally said:
Newest setup.

Logitech profiler
OES 107
Spring 0

ingame
SAT 85
WHEEL FRICTION 0
tyre friction 70
Suspension 100
tyre slip 85
collision 100
Soft lock 150
Steering center force 50

Its not perfect but..

More and more i start to think that FFB setup is about personal taste as car setup in real life. There are some "rules" but somethings are a matter of taste.

Question: I have this weird thing that after 15 min of playing or couple of restarts or rallies etc. Other menu jumping, my wheel start to act strange (after above mentioned things, ). FFB is like offsync and sluggish and overall unpredictable. It gets worse if i keep going. Only restaring game setd everything right again and i have to do that say after every two stages. Anobody have similar problem or idea what is going on?
Set the tyre friction to 0%. Try again. I think what you feel are the differentials acting (traction switching). Maybe 70% is a bit too high.

Never noticed offsync or unpredictable... how strange.

OzoreXS said:
TuliRally said:
Newest setup.

Logitech profiler
OES 107
Spring 0

ingame
SAT 85
WHEEL FRICTION 0
tyre friction 70
Suspension 100
tyre slip 85
collision 100
Soft lock 150
Steering center force 50

Its not perfect but..

Set the tyre friction to 0%. Try again. I think what you feel are the differentials acting (traction switching). Maybe 70% is a bit too high.

Never noticed offsync or unpredictable... how strange.
I will try. THat tyre friction really seems to be something that needs to be playd with to find a good feeling as mentioned before in this thread.

One thing that also describes my problem is increasing lag / delay with FFB over time. Not so much with lag with inputs (atleast it seems to react to my steering without lag. It just that ffb is totally of). This happens even woth original files

Helou Again! My last setup didnt work today anymore.. after a desparate couple hours testing, i had almost give up, but last i tested my first happy moment setup.
OttoWilson Mod with everything on 100 exept SAT 58 and suspension on 85.
Could drive cars even without sound and keep car drifting confidently (with other setup i could not). Wheel seem to behave like rest of you have describe it should compared to the real thing. 

Also tested @OzoreXS  latest setup but my time run out for today to run proper test. It felt good too and i trust that is what it should feel like if you use it.

@KevM if it is not too much asked i would like to test your latest setup!

I keep changing it @TuliRally to the point that I can't remember them now. But I will log on shortly and post my settings, as I have now got the a point of not experimenting any more.  Iv called it quits to enjoy the game for a while! 

(Well, that's partly a lie, I was experimenting with camera view and positioning my monitor last night, which reminds me, i changed the desk a bit late on & it was pretty awesome so I'm now really looking forward to playing again!! lol )

Ok... My preferred DFGT setup
profiler:
OES 105
SES 24
DES 24
CSS 24 unchecked
900 deg

in game:
Saturation 70
linear 0
ffb:
SAT 150
Wheel friction 10
Tyre friction 10
suspension 100
tyre slip 100
collision 100
soft lock 100
centre force 100

KevM said:
Ok... My preferred DFGT setup
profiler:
OES 105
SES 24
DES 24
CSS 24 unchecked
900 deg

in game:
Saturation 70
linear 0
ffb:
SAT 150
Wheel friction 10
Tyre friction 10
suspension 100
tyre slip 100
collision 100
soft lock 100
centre force 100

Thank you for sharing your setup. I will test this also as soon as i can. I think i will settle for one of three choices (your setup, OzoreXS or my own with OttoWilson mod)  for now, to enjoy the game.
Although i also have project in mind. In fact its a immersion project made by MrPix. I already have projector for it.

His page also has great FOV calculator and info about FOV (among other things) and for anyone (new or old to the simracing) reading this always make sure you use correct FOV when playing. It is as much of an importance than say wheel calibration or correct FFB settings.

OK, one last change.  Seems the Profiler only really sets a max force limit, with the game fine tuning the actual force, so I have everything mentioned above in the profiler now set to 100, and the game settings as they were above!

KevM said:
OK, one last change.  Seems the Profiler only really sets a max force limit, with the game fine tuning the actual force, so I have everything mentioned above in the profiler now set to 100, and the game settings as they were above!
That i knew about OES and thought that is the reason for 107% in OES to get rid of kind of deadzone in the wheel because game doesnt have min force setting yet.

Do you mean you have SES & DES at 100?

Yes & centre Spring strength also, all 100

im getting a G27 today, hope it feels as good to use!

KevM said:
Yes & centre Spring strength also, all 100

im getting a G27 today, hope it feels as good to use!
Let us know how it goes!

Honestly?

The DFGT was alive in your hands, this just feels neutral....   I am getting big stutters now that I didnt have before.  I'll do a restart and see if I can get a bit of life out of this thing....

What a shame @KevM 

Sounds like you´ll have to work a bit, again, with the G27.

Damn wheels... a pain in the ass until you get them work...

I drive a 6 speed manual every day of the week, but having 3 pedals and a gearstick in the game is a head-melt lol

@KevM Well that's a bummer  :| but i think in the end you will get more out of it (being a better wheel i guess).

Today i started to think a way to test properly what ffb i like most of the three choices i have selected.. but i made that research plan so complex i'm not sure it is worth it or the time i would need to spend on it :smiley: 

Man.. i just wish somebody would put to my wheel some settings and said "here you go.. now it feels like the real deal. Learn to drive with it and stop testing (or nitpicking) and have fun" 

Like mentioned before i have also thought asking (or making a poll to get others opinion if this would be needed) about that if devs could put their most authentic feeling FFB settings for each supported wheel (or wheel thay have). In the game or at least to the forums.

But you guys seem too to now what's up (and i understand race driving, but in theory) so i trust your setups too to feel as authentic as you have managed to get them.
I have just hard time to setup OttoWilson mod properly, but can't shake of feeling that it has something more info to give than the orginal ffb files. So i wanna keep trying and it might even feel very good like today (even had setup so nice that i drove BMW on montes snowy sections, like it was my second nature), but still i'm always wondering if i could make it even better. 

Now i'm testing difference between those three setups. Yours and my own with mod.

Of course going to report back if i find something