Jump to content
DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech Driving Force GT - Recommended FFB Settings

Recommended Posts

I was really enjoying the DFGT in the end there, it felt good!  As you say, it became intuitive to drive the game.  
As far as the G27 goes, it IS a better wheel.  The mechanism is silent, the pedals have more feel, the torque is stronger & the wheel rim feels better in your hand.  But honestly?  It's just a little too polished.  Yea, I'm driving faster now because of it, no doubt, but it still feels somewhat 'empty' & soulless compared to the DFGT !  


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@KevM 
I bet its just setup. Its a nonsense a 200€ more expensive wheel cant improve FFB feeling.

Take you r time, do your best testing and you will find the sweeet spot for that G27 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, I zero'd the damping last night. Seemed to help (a bit)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tried the Impact FFB mod this evening, used it for maybe 90 seconds. The wheel was rumbling with vibrations so re-installed the original files, bumped up the SAT & off I went with a massive smile! Really good feedback dialled in now, M3 in Monte, Impreza in Germany & Focus in Finland to test.  Feels proper.  Others will be faster, but il be happier!!

il post my G27 settings tomorrow eve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice @KevM 

You may open a new thread with the G27 reccomended settings. Just like I did with the DFGT (this thread) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, thats one for another thread (it exists already!!) as to not confuse the DFGT setups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
Yeah, thats one for another thread (it exists already!!) as to not confuse the DFGT setups.
Can't really find it.
There're plenty of in F1, plenty of general but no specific subject for G27.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are there any setups codies has recommended for the DFGT? 

Edit: Tried out that setup in the first post, boy thats amazing. Only complaint is bumps can be a bit annoying at times (like when you bust a tire) but other than that wow, absolutely blown away. Should get devs to add that as a default upon final release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
antz360 said:
Are there any setups codies has recommended for the DFGT? 

Edit: Tried out that setup in the first post, boy thats amazing. Only complaint is bumps can be a bit annoying at times (like when you bust a tire) but other than that wow, absolutely blown away. Should get devs to add that as a default upon final release
Glad to hear you enjoy the setup :)

Codies can get this setup for the game, but theres nothing to do with user´s profiler config... and it is 50% of the importance to be OK
Dunno if they can override logitech´s drivers config.

If you are getting bothered by bumps, just reduce the Suspension FFB effect, set it to 0%. Increase it to your liking and you will be fine




Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Found out new favorite setup.
*I want to say this is my view and i fully support everyone do your own test (both @OzoreXS FFB setup and @KevM are both great and recommend to test both!!) and find one that works for you.

I made test with 4 different setups with same two tracks and recorded times for them.
Here is two of the fastest
OzoreXS - Pant Mawr;  2:48
KevM - Pant Mawr;  2:44

Setup from KevM was fastest on both stages for me (Bronfelen & Pant Mawr)

I will try to explain couple things i noticed and i will give you my new setup.

*WARNING lame joke included 

Mashup between setups from @KevM & @OzoreXS 
I'm proud to present:

DFGT - FFB (SecondNature Remix)

LOGITECH PROFILER
OES - 107
SES / DES - 75 ( 0% - it seem to give you pure and raw FFB and it feel sometimes almost too wild and untainted. This setting has and gives you most feeling from FFB, but it feels little bit like driving a beast / - 100% - it seems to give you more tainted FFB even in more harsh situations and little twitched and sudden things are softened, it is predictable and gives a tad more friction in straights, but lacks a bit of feeling [with this i got 2:44 in Pant Mawr in Fiesta, that's my new record by 4 seconds and it felt really controlled and repeatable] / - 75% is good combination of feeling and predactibility) *UPDATE: for RWD SES/DES seem to work better on 0%  by being much raw and that way "warning" you earlier.

Center spring - 100% ( NOT enabled )

IN-GAME FFB (Based on KevM)
-SAT - 135 (*updated for RWD, 140 haad good return just a tad too stiff) (from OzoreXS setup, 150% was too stiff for me to make big corrections in a "close call" situations)
-Wheel weight - 10 (*update: wheel weight seems to slowdown return of the wheel after hairpin so i took it off for RWD)
-Tyre friction - 35 (from OzoreXS setup)
-Suspension - 100 (110% in 
OzoreXS setup)
-Tyre spin - 85 (from OzoreXS setup)
-Collision - 100
-Soft Lock - 100 (150 in 
OzoreXS setup)
-Centering steering - 100

This is a combination i found for me it added feeling and "rawness" without compromising predictability and fast times.

Keep keeping it dirty Friends!

ORIGINAL FFB FILES USED IN THIS SETUP






Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OzoreXS said:
Glad to hear you enjoy the setup :)

Codies can get this setup for the game, but theres nothing to do with user´s profiler config... and it is 50% of the importance to be OK
Dunno if they can override logitech´s drivers config.

If you are getting bothered by bumps, just reduce the Suspension FFB effect, set it to 0%. Increase it to your liking and you will be fine
Yeah was just a bit surprised they didn't have a dfgt setup properly as a default considering its one of the most popular wheels. If I wasn't on this forum, I wouldn't even know about the setup and would probably be playing with the default settings. 

The bumps are awesome but I think I might just decrease them to 100%, 110% is a tad too much. But thanks for taking the time to work these settings out and posting them up, made the games 10x more enjoyable :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TuliRally said:
Found out new favorite setup.
*I want to say this is my view and i fully support everyone do your own test (both @OzoreXS FFB setup and @KevM are both great and recommend to test both!!) and find one that works for you.

I made test with 4 different setups with same two tracks and recorded times for them.
Here is two of the fastest
OzoreXS - Pant Mawr;  2:48
KevM - Pant Mawr;  2:44

Setup from KevM was fastest on both stages for me (Bronfelen & Pant Mawr)

I will try to explain couple things i noticed and i will give you my new setup.

*WARNING lame joke included 

Mashup between setups from @KevM & @OzoreXS 
I'm proud to present:

DFGT - FFB (SecondNature Remix)

LOGITECH PROFILER
OES - 107
SES / DES - 75 ( 0% - it seem to give you pure and raw FFB and it feel sometimes almost too wild and untainted. This setting has and gives you most feeling from FFB, but it feels little bit like driving a beast / - 100% - it seems to give you more tainted FFB even in more harsh situations and little twitched and sudden things are softened, it is predictable and gives a tad more friction in straights, but lacks a bit of feeling [with this i got 2:44 in Pant Mawr in Fiesta, that's my new record by 4 seconds and it felt really controlled and repeatable] / - 75% is good combination of feeling and predactibility)

Center spring - 100% ( NOT enabled )

IN-GAME FFB (Based on KevM)
-SAT - 130 (from OzoreXS setup, 150% was too stiff for me to make big corrections in a "close call" situations)
-Wheel weight - 10
-Tyre friction - 35 (from OzoreXS setup)
-Suspension - 100 (110% in OzoreXS setup)
-Tyre spin - 85 (from OzoreXS setup)
-Collision - 100
-Soft Lock - 100 (150 in OzoreXS setup)
-Centering steering - 100

This is a combination i found for me it added feeling and "rawness" without compromising predictability and fast times.

Keep keeping it dirty Friends!

ORIGINAL FFB FILES USED IN THIS SETUP


Hi there, thanks for sharing again your config!

So, SES & DES at 75% are the major changes. Thus, a bit wheel weight (10%) and few suspesion reduction (-10%).

Looks pretty good. I´m looking forward to try out late this evening :).

For the moment I just agree with SES & DES at 0% is a bit raw; and I miss a bit of wheel weight... or consistency... smothness I guess.

I had pending to test a bit more with SES & DES, this maybe a new great clue. Again, thanks for sharing.

Oh, and, how does the RWD cars feel with your config? (I ask, coz its difficult to find something neutral and valid for all cars..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@OzoreXS This time these tests were made with mainly with Fiesta and 2001 Subaru.

Today i'm going to test with RWD, but i'm starting to lean on away on that thinking that FFB settings are part of overall unified game physics and start to treat them like one part of your car setup like cambers, suspensions and all that jazz.

I wish it would be like one setup in FFB represents most realisticly every car, but i don't feel that it is the case.
Or maybe you can find, but then comes that propblem this game being about racing sport and that some may want the quickest setup for every car and not the most realistic when FFB comes a part of car setup.

Like you said it is hard to find a perfect overall FFB, and frankly i just don't seem to want to make compromises in my times.

Comments of my FFB setup
@OttoWilson FFB files mod gives you best info from suspension but i just was not quickest with it. 
Suspension i lowered because i tried it with 110% and it felt nicer but made me slower and maybe, just maybe it masked something other important info? Could something you only notice on subconcious level.
I would like to do this test in a way that my wife would select a FFB setup for me to give me a kind of a blind test.
SES&DES 0% feels for me like what you see on rally incar videos. It is more fun and lively, but i have lost 5 seconds with it so thats why i wanted to tame it a bit.
SES&DES 75% gives it a little more livelyness , and cost me only 2 seconds. But when i want to be on my max attack 100% is better for me


Now to testing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@TuliRally 
Your suspects are totally right. many of the car setup settings have a huge impact on FFB effects.

The most noticiable settings are:
- Cambers: specially a big negative front one, will give you a much more clear understeering effect under no grip condition
- Differentials, specially on 4x4 cars, and when front dif is strong SAT and Tyre friction will pull as crazy. Center maxed to rear help to a get a clear oversteer lecture and behavior
This is by far, the most represented effect on FFB.
- Suspensions: hard= stiff effects & reactions. soft=  wobbling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OzoreXS said:
@TuliRally 
Your suspects are totally right. many of the car setup settings have a huge impact on FFB effects.

The most noticiable settings are:
- Cambers: specially a big negative front one, will give you a much more clear understeering effect under no grip condition
- Differentials, specially on 4x4 cars, and when front dif is strong SAT and Tyre friction will pull as crazy. Center maxed to rear help to a get a clear oversteer lecture and behavior
This is by far, the most represented effect on FFB.
- Suspensions: hard= stiff effects & reactions. soft=  wobbling. 

That is some good info on there buddy! Thanks, i think this will help people like me. 

Btw updated my last setup post while testing RWD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just to add to the thread, the importance of wheel settings on this game just isnt understood enough!

Doing the daily in the Mk2 yesterday in Finland, I experienced BIG snap-oversteer while on the limiter in 5th gear (easily 100+ mph) & caught it instinctively.  The steering feedback in this game is unreal!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
Just to add to the thread, the importance of wheel settings on this game just isnt understood enough!

Doing the daily in the Mk2 yesterday in Finland, I experienced BIG snap-oversteer while on the limiter in 5th gear (easily 100+ mph) & caught it instinctively.  The steering feedback in this game is unreal!!
Agree! And having wrong one makes you drive like couldn't even save your life :smiley: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Would it be a good idea or even possible to make collective info thread about what different settings do and how do they affect concerning FFB. Including things like car setup as @OzoreXS mentioned and also like Steering saturation which has a big impact. Some settings feel totally different when saturation is changed etc.
So what do you think?

I would also like to understand how linked together those basic ffb settings are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uhhhmm.... this is going to a deeper terrains where, honestly, I dont want to be.
This is inner work, Codemaster take care of it. And codemasters can explain, better than nobody, how this maxup works.

yeah, its cool to know how things work but, at this point, this just may complicate the search for a good setup even more. And I´m afraid we are close to its best.

Have in consideration facts such steering saturation is not a car setup feature (not in this game), nor linearity. I think nobody should mess with those unless his wheel is <900º and needs to be smoothed, demultiplied or something.

When you reduce saturation below 100%, you "compressing" the FFB wave... and maybe saturating it.
I dont know much about this, so I´m not venturing out any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OzoreXS said:
uhhhmm.... this is going to a deeper terrains where, honestly, I dont want to be.
This is inner work, Codemaster take care of it. And codemasters can explain, better than nobody, how this maxup works.

yeah, its cool to know how things work but, at this point, this just may complicate the search for a good setup even more. And I´m afraid we are close to its best.

Have in consideration facts such steering saturation is not a car setup feature (not in this game), nor linearity. I think nobody should mess with those unless his wheel is <900º and needs to be smoothed, demultiplied or something.

When you reduce saturation below 100%, you "compressing" the FFB wave... and maybe saturating it.
I dont know much about this, so I´m not venturing out any more.

It is true we are close. My nature is just venture deep, but in this case you are right that it is derailing from the good stuff (playing the game and having fun). I just think that in my case, it might be helpful for me to understand more to make right changes when looking for that perfect setup. 

Yes i also understand steering saturation here in game is not same as say steering ratio irl and it is compressing ffb and in worse case making it clip or not have its full peak. 
What i meant to ask that should we try to create info package "FFB for dummies" were these things would be mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi all and thaks very much to Otto Wilson. Now I can full enjoy the game with his ffb configuration. That is I was looking for.
I´m using a DFGT and my setting are the recommend for him.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 days testing again. Number 1 setup was@OzoreXS setting it was the best overall. I found that setting suspension up to 129% and havin OES 101 / SES 100 made it have more road feel and it was easier to drive with RWD & 4x4 when SES was higher

Close second was OttoWilson mod gives you the most road feel and easy slides with 4xr and RWD, but it is hard to find overall good balance for gravel and tarmac. And sometimes i feel it is too stiff. You can tone down that centering steering to help with that but i'm still searching right setup for this. For me his setup with almost all ffb on 100% is too stiff.

I will put info here when i found a good setup for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all and thaks very much to Otto Wilson. Now I can full enjoy the game with his ffb configuration. That is I was looking for.
I´m using a DFGT and my setting are the recommend for him.


What kind of setup do you use? And do you find steering heavy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I´m using in logitech profiler all to 100% , centering wheel ticked and 0% and 900 degrees of rotation.
On game all values to 100 except wheel friction, set to 30, because 100 was really heavy stearing.
I think it isnt perfect setup but give a lot of control over cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×