Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RX + Tyre Wall = Low FPS

Hi!

Did anybody notice the same problem during RallyCross? When I hit the tyre barrier, my FPS drops down from 60 to 12 (!!!)

My PC configuration is in my signature. I use the game in Medium graphics settings.

If you have some idea what to do, please share it with me!

Never had an issue, but I have a lot of cores @ 4.2. Not sure if Codies use Physx, but if so, you'll be burning a CPU core running it if you have an AMD card. Even then they probably wrote the engine to use a dedicated core.
Crashing into tires works pretty awesome on my end. I also run an AMD card.

No, I think they don't use PhysX, what with their AMD sponsorship and stuff. Do you have an 8-core CPU or something? I have a 4-core i5 and the game seems to use all cores. Maybe if you have more, it'll use the extra cores for stuff like this?

edit: then again, when hitting the tyre wall, curiously neither CPU nor GPU load go up on my PC, so I really have no idea what's going on with the framerate.

Yep, I went from around 60 to a slideshow the few times I hit the tire wall.  Doesn't matter though cause I'm so bored of Rallycross already it won't happen again.

Thank baby jesus the rest of the timeline is rally centric, get this RallyX bs out of the way.

I have an AMD CPU with a GTX 960 card, so it will be a bit awkward if the AMD supports the game, and it doesn't run smoothly on AMD CPUs...

if i hit the tyre wall on lyden i go from 100 plus fps to 10-15 instantly on impact.

I'm gonna try later tonight.

Using a r9 280x. It dips below 60 on the gravel parts in RX when using particles combined with ground cover. 

Oops. The guy I bought this rig from set me up with a water-cooled (*edit AMD) 8 core 4.42 Ghz lol. 
AMD Radeon 6900 series.
Maybe it's something else like updated drivers. Who knows.