Jump to content Jump to content

Why so few Classic Cars Time Trial Leaderboard entries?

Something similar here with F2 2020 at Netherlands (PlayStation). There was only about 50 times, and I was the quickest.

Most likely it's because loss of interest on the classic cars. Everyone mostly goes for the F1 cars, so yeah.

What platform is this? There's a thread somewhere about an F2 TT leaderboard bug giving a similar effect.

There will be far fewer classic car times obviously but 18 does seem rather small!

Posted (edited)

I just had a look on PlayStation out of interest. There are 176,464 dry F1 times and, err, ONE classic car time and this was set today! This is clearly a bug!

Edited by Ultra3142
Posted (edited)

I do not think that all of this is due to a bug. Competing on the leaderboards is a lot of effort if you take things seriously, and I for one have given up on this, because of all the cheating going on there. Everyone knows that if you copy the leaders setup and drive it around the course, while car performance is identical you are like 10 seconds off. So, people have learned this already, and there is no need to repeat the same provedure with classic cars once more. In addition, these cars handle in a complete different way and noone is fancy to adapt all their input settings and whatnot.

If I had a say, classic cars should be a DLC you can buy if you wanted, and I would rather like to see these resources spent into other areas of the base game (without naming them in this thread).

Edited by Schneehase
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I do not think that all of this is due to a bug. Competing on the leaderboards is a lot of effort if you take things seriously, and I for one have given up on this, because of all the cheating going on there. Everyone knows that if you copy the leaders setup and drive it around the course, while car performance is identical you are like 10 seconds off. So, people have learned this already, and there is no need to repeat the same provedure with classic cars once more. In addition, these cars handle in a complete different way and noone is fancy to adapt all their input settings and whatnot.

If I had a say, classic cars should be a DLC you can buy if you wanted, and I would rather like to see these resources spent into other areas of the base game (without naming them in this thread).

You set a time on a leaderboard just for completing a lap, which huge numbers of people do simply for practice (I do) so whether people are trying to be competitive or not is somewhat beside the point I think. The number one way that I get faster around tracks is by using TT.

To take the example I posted above, I'm 100% certain that the only time any of the huge number of owners of F1 2020 on PlayStation has set around Vietnam was not just one person yesterday. 

Edited by Ultra3142
2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

You set a time on a leaderboard just for completing a lap, which huge numbers of people do simply for practice (I do) so whether people are trying to be competitive or not is somewhat beside the point I think. The number one way that I get faster around tracks is by using TT.

To take the example I posted above, I'm 100% certain that the only time any of the huge number of owners of F1 2020 on PlayStation has set around Vietnam was not just one person yesterday. 

It was such a bizarre response hahaha, just by sheer number alone a good chunk of players will have driven at least a lap in some classic cars if for nothing more than curiosity and the fact that'it's there to do and is mildly interesting. 

Of course it's a bug :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1
On 5/29/2021 at 2:19 PM, Ried21 said:

Vietnam has only 18 times on the Classic Cars Leaderboard. As opposed to 74749 F1 2020 times.

Only 1 in 4152 players chose a classic car - how can that be?

maybe because the classic cars are slower than the ragular cars.

40 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

No 🙂.

If you post something on the internet someone will argue with it doesn't matter how uncontroversial or obvious it is

It's fascinating to watch :classic_laugh:

18 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

If you post something on the internet someone will argue with it doesn't matter how uncontroversial or obvious it is

It's fascinating to watch :classic_laugh:

You're wrong 😛.

• Haha 1