Jump to content Jump to content

I'm afraid EA will break F1 2021.

Posted (edited)

Hey mate.
First of all: Codemasters DEVELOP the game. EA is just the PUBLISHER.

And you don't need to be afraid. EA got a bad rap for the Ultimate Team mode., yes you can argue about this.
But a small example:

One of my favorite games, Battlefield, is also published by EA. But the developer is DICE. And the game is still great.

Or need for speed. Also an EA published game. And? It is good.

You see, don't be afraid mate.

Edited by BiberMike
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
3 minutes ago, SidioManeKONATE said:

I'm afraid EA will break F1 2021.

As always, if you're skeptical about a product, don't pre-order it, wait for reviews and then see if it's worth it. 

EA is complete dog poo poo, but CM isn't, imo. 

• Agree 1

EA just published Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

100% single-player, free DLC, no microtransactions, frequent patches (including a performance patch for PS5 and Xbox Series X) and a PS5/XSX remaster that is free for current owners of the game.

• Agree 1

Yeah whole EA thing blow up most of the countries bcs of price increase. We will see how many racers gonna buy it now 🙂

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

EA just published Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

100% single-player, free DLC, no microtransactions, frequent patches (including a performance patch for PS5 and Xbox Series X) and a PS5/XSX remaster that is free for current owners of the game.

It's really worth understanding that Disney brought EA to heel after the PR disaster of the Battlefront 2 launch. It's not EA's choice to release Fallen Order without a slew of microtransactions, but Disney's demand. 

Edited by KNT2011
5 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

It's really worth understanding that Disney brought EA to heel after the PR disaster of the Battlefront 2 launch. It's not EA's choice to release Fallen Order without a slew of microtransactions, but Disney's demand. 

actually more so respawn didn't want microtransactions in it and proved that it didn't

5 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

actually more so respawn didn't want microtransactions in it and proved that it didn't

Can't find anything specific to dispute this in the Disney context other than my own memory of the time,  however EA would have no issue closing Respawn rather than letting it make such demands, if not for Disney's license, IMO. 

All by the by, on the subject, F1 2021 was likely done in terms or the majority of the work and prep before EA bought out CM, so I doubt it'll affect this game much. 

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

OP@Three postings, enough said. I am afraid walking out of my house a cat could jump on me and bite my eye out...

Seriously, I have more concerns Codemasters are breaking this than EA 😄 unless we find clear evidence in the release version of the game. Lets have them release it, then lets be the judge if its better or worse than F1 2020 and if EA can be blamed (not that EA needs any defence at all, though).

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, Henricus12 said:

I don't know, I think it will be more likely to break the physical disc version, I don't think the digital version can actually be broken as it is untangible. 

Don't ever underestimate EA...they might not be able to break the fabric of the digital dimension, but they can still break our heart 😬

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Henricus12 said:

I don't know, I think it will be more likely to break the physical disc version, I don't think the digital version can actually be broken as it is untangible. 

You can feel it with your controller and see it on your display. I think it's pretty tangible. Digital products are the future, personal licence, easily giftable.

No third-party resellers that just plague development and rob the content creators and make tidy profits out of all participants.