Jump to content Jump to content

Release 2 versions of the Game

Release a standalone version of the game where it is just the player against the AI and the SW does not need to communicate with anything outside of the players console or pc and another version that is multiplayer only, even charge more for multiplayer seeing that the majority of CM/EA resources go to solving/resolving multiplayer issues, if the forums are indicative of how resources are utilized, it is obvious where the resources are being used and where/what the problems are.

• Disagree 3

The majority of multiplayer fans would probably suggest that Codemasters prioritise the offline game far too much actually 🙂.

I've never tried, but can't you run the current game without an internet connection? I'd have thought you could... The issue with modern games is that if you never connect to the internet you won't get access to the inevitable bug fixes released after launch, and likely car and driver performance updates in the context of the F1 games.

Yes, the game will work without an internet connection but the SW will also spend time trying to connect a long time in some cases.  SW updates could be accomplished by a variety of other means too.  I have a Sony TV that requires one to sign up for Google else one will get a flashing yellow light at the bottom of the TV that has to be manually cleared, every day.  One cannot block or even remove the Google requirement, even verified with Sony.  So the only solution is turn off wifi, all I use it for is SW updates anyway and I get notified by those via email from Sony which i can then install when I want then turn wifi off, simple.

Play without an internet connection and see for yourself.

1 minute ago, jpr3324 said:

Play without an internet connection and see for yourself.

Personally I like the benefits on the internet connection. If you have an internet connection that you use some of the time to apply game updates, what it the downside for you of having this permanently active? 

The internet connection would be fine, if it always worked, liked it used to in past versions.  It will connect on start up and work for a few minutes, then just loses the connection to the PSN despite being connected to PSN and my local wifi and the game locks up trying to connect over and over again and one has to reboot.  Seems like many of the problems starting arriving with the addition of all the customization, and pit coin stuff.  

9 hours ago, jpr3324 said:

The internet connection would be fine, if it always worked, liked it used to in past versions.  It will connect on start up and work for a few minutes, then just loses the connection to the PSN despite being connected to PSN and my local wifi and the game locks up trying to connect over and over again and one has to reboot.  Seems like many of the problems starting arriving with the addition of all the customization, and pit coin stuff.  

How long have you had the game for? There are widespread issues on PS4 on the latest 1.18 patch - do your issues predate this? This is sounding more like something worth reporting as a bug by the way as you shouldn't be experiencing what you are. 

I totally get the frustration of games requiring a permanent interne connection by the way. I play the Hitman games and there are a lot of people with similar complaints there. The approach works well for those with good connections can clearly be very annoying for those that don't.

Been playing F1 since F12017, The issues predate 1.18, f12020 has been more connection sensitive than other versions for some reason.  Yes, I am aware of the ongoing PS4 issues too.  I had no issues with he game until recently so CM did something to the code, maybe they will fix it before F12021 is released, which I will not get until around Xmas, so all the bugs can be worked out.