Jump to content Jump to content

Game crash

Hi.

First of all I'm surprised on how difficult it is to report an ingame issue about Dirt Rally 2.0.

I kinda find hard to believe that for a company and game of this magnitude the best you can provide is a forum to report issues...

Anyway here I am to report a very serious issue that already happened to me twice and on the third time I'll uninstall and ask Steam for a refund.

It happened a second time and inconvenientely when I was making some of my best times. The game simply crashed after I finished a stage and while I was watching it's replay and smoking a cigarette to relax. The game then crashed and gave me the option to send a crash report, which I did.

Wasn't a serious issue at that point and I was still full of myself for being Top500 in that particular online event. The problem was when I've logged in after the crash and my position came down to 1400 something place throwing all the effort and exhaustion I had to reach that position down the drain.

So... Everytime the game crashes instead of being able to repeat the stage that crashed the game simply discards all the efforts done on that stage and skips it to the next...

So that's it?? Where's the chance for me to repeat a stage and resume my score after YOUR GAME crashed???

I wasn't joking when I refered effort and exhaustion... My eyes were burning from focusing to the screen all those stages... My arms were tired from handling my steering wheel and fighting against the force feedback...

How can I resume my championship in the position I was without having my score hurt by game issues???

Thank you in advance.

On 5/30/2021 at 12:56 PM, LeppyLeinaad said:

Hi.

First of all I'm surprised on how difficult it is to report an ingame issue about Dirt Rally 2.0.

I kinda find hard to believe that for a company and game of this magnitude the best you can provide is a forum to report issues...

Anyway here I am to report a very serious issue that already happened to me twice and on the third time I'll uninstall and ask Steam for a refund.

It happened a second time and inconvenientely when I was making some of my best times. The game simply crashed after I finished a stage and while I was watching it's replay and smoking a cigarette to relax. The game then crashed and gave me the option to send a crash report, which I did.

Wasn't a serious issue at that point and I was still full of myself for being Top500 in that particular online event. The problem was when I've logged in after the crash and my position came down to 1400 something place throwing all the effort and exhaustion I had to reach that position down the drain.

So... Everytime the game crashes instead of being able to repeat the stage that crashed the game simply discards all the efforts done on that stage and skips it to the next...

So that's it?? Where's the chance for me to repeat a stage and resume my score after YOUR GAME crashed???

I wasn't joking when I refered effort and exhaustion... My eyes were burning from focusing to the screen all those stages... My arms were tired from handling my steering wheel and fighting against the force feedback...

How can I resume my championship in the position I was without having my score hurt by game issues???

Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately for you, you cant.

Your run time is logged when you enter the Event / stage .  And when you have the final "quit to menu" or " continue" at the end. Then ( and only then) will your time be uploaded.

If the servers fail during your run .your time is 'sometimes' stored and uploaded when the servers are up enough to accept it. Its hit and miss and not 100% guaranteed.  ( for me its circa a 65% fail rate at the moment) Note But you must have pressed Continue or "quit to menu" before the error occurs.

However should your PC crash (for what ever reason),  before you press continue etc - the servers see you as logging out of the Stage - ergo you will be classified as a DNF for that stage.

I believe it was an anti exploit mechanism. as earlier in the life of the game .  If drivers did a bad run they could simply 'crash' their pc -- then re-log in and voila they had ' another chance'. Giving unlimited runs at what is in theory a single shot run.

Yes it doesnt help you . and yes it is extremely annoying. (Especially when you run in club series and you get the server errors. )

It is alas , one of those necessary evils to stop an evident exploit by sad people.

Not the news you wanted to hear no doubt.

A bit surprised  CM support hasnt pointed you in the right direction by now . They must be 'busy'

Archived