Jump to content Jump to content

Rivals are always back markers...

I'm currently in my 9th season of F1 2020 chasing my 5th driver's title whilst in 2nd place in the standings, however whenever I'm asked who I feel is my current closest rival the options are always three or four back markers, occasionally with my team mate or someone in the midfield as the other option.

Has anyone else experienced this? Surely it can't be that difficult for the game to be set to give me options of the drivers who are closest to me in the standings rather than a Williams or Haas struggling to make it out of Q1?

2 hours ago, DanielGrigg said:

I'm currently in my 9th season of F1 2020 chasing my 5th driver's title whilst in 2nd place in the standings, however whenever I'm asked who I feel is my current closest rival the options are always three or four back markers, occasionally with my team mate or someone in the midfield as the other option.

Has anyone else experienced this? Surely it can't be that difficult for the game to be set to give me options of the drivers who are closest to me in the standings rather than a Williams or Haas struggling to make it out of Q1?

Yup.  I'm in year 4 of one of my team modes where I created an Aston Martin Team.  Vettel hadn't retired yet and I got tired of him as a teammate.  I hired him when I could because I wanted his XP boost to help develop my car but once I ditched him he found a home at Williams; last on the grid.   At my second opportunity to select a rival since I fired him he's an option for a rival which made sense to me since I fired him essentially.  However my other options were Latifi (williams), Matsushita (haas), and Zhou (alfa).   All the bottom teams on the grid & I'm the top of the grid by a mile based on car performance.  It was odd, but it's happened twice in a row now so I personally think it's just another flaw in the first year/version of the mode that needs to be fixed right along with the driver selection of teams when they replace drivers.

Thanks for the reply. Definitely agree with the latter point. When Hamilton retired he was replaced by Stroll which made me seriously consider starting the Career from scratch, in the end I adopted the mindset that Daddy Warbucks must have bought Daimler... It was the only explanation.

2 minutes ago, DanielGrigg said:

Thanks for the reply. Definitely agree with the latter point. When Hamilton retired he was replaced by Stroll which made me seriously consider starting the Career from scratch, in the end I adopted the mindset that Daddy Warbucks must have bought Daimler... It was the only explanation.

Agreed.  I've quit/restarted several career/my team modes because of the odd driver move choices.   In my current one George Russel left Williams and went to Alfa Romeo.   Really?   Sainz and Ricardo are at Redbull.  Max is with Racing Point (at the bottom of the midfield based on team performance).   Ferrari has Perez and Bottas, and Mercedes has Hamilton and Giovinazzi. 

I mean... who really wants to proceed through a career mode like that?  However that's a different discussion that seems to fall on deaf ears too.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, DanielGrigg said:

8 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

Agreed.  I've quit/restarted several career/my team modes because of the odd driver move choices.   In my current one George Russel left Williams and went to Alfa Romeo.   Really?   Sainz and Ricardo are at Redbull.  Max is with Racing Point (at the bottom of the midfield based on team performance).   Ferrari has Perez and Bottas, and Mercedes has Hamilton and Giovinazzi. 

I mean... who really wants to proceed through a career mode like that?  However that's a different discussion that seems to fall on deaf ears too.

It's a bit out of the original topic, but I've made a guide to manipulate Ai drivers to sign with specific team you wanted:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/77051-ive-found-the-method-to-control-ai-drivers-to-sign-with-specific-team-to-certain-extend/

It's not as complicated as it sounds, especially when the effort is totally worth it if you want a less ridiculous driver shuffle on the grid.

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1
On 6/1/2021 at 2:02 PM, DanielGrigg said:

Lucky you, I just started a new my team mode and now in second season finishing roughly 14th to 17th per race on 105 for race settings yet I’m been offered Hamilton etc for rivals who finishing in top 4( not bottas as he moved to alpha and vettel replaced him at Mercedes lol).

1 minute ago, Silverchris said:

Lucky you, I just started a new my team mode and now in second season finishing roughly 14th to 17th per race on 105 for race settings yet I’m been offered Hamilton etc for rivals who finishing in top 4( not bottas as he moved to alpha and vettel replaced him at Mercedes lol).

I was thinking I was the only anomaly. I'm in my second season too and my team is 8th in the perfomance chart and i'm getting drivers from Red Bull (2nd in team comparison), McLaren (4th in team comparison) and Racing Point (5th in Team Comparison). I'm generally finishing just outside the points and i'm 13th in the Championship. The people i'm getting compared against are 5th, 7th, 8th and 10th.  

I'm not too bothered whether I beat them or are defeated by them so haven't complained but I'm finding my rivals are significantly higher than me whereas people further on in the saves are finding the inverse where they're alot lower. 

Ultimately, the rivals system isn't too important. 

It's weird how people can have such different experiences, I am in season 1 of a new My Team career. My car is mid table at best at the moment yet the rivals I keep being offered are the two Ferrari drivers and the two Red Bull drivers. My car has no chance of competing with them, I just No comment the question.