Jump to content Jump to content

So whats the deal with this track ? 

No matter what i try or do i just cannot make good laps on this track , down the main straight the AI just fly past me as if im standing still and i know i make horrible turns around those weird loopy rounabout like corners , i need some explanation and guidance how to do this track properly because its the one track that completly makes me hate this game.

@Nythial

I find if I  use the slow in fast out theory on this track it helps my lap times a lot. Try backing your corners up some, getting the car turned in the direction you want to go and then jump on the gas (easy on the gas). Think of it as making the straights longer at the beginning of each straight while still in the corner. This will help your top speed  down the long straights. Make sure you do not have too much wing or this will kill your top speed. Good luck. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Nythial said:

No matter what i try or do i just cannot make good laps on this track , down the main straight the AI just fly past me as if im standing still and i know i make horrible turns around those weird loopy rounabout like corners , i need some explanation and guidance how to do this track properly because its the one track that completly makes me hate this game.

The Ai are for some reason very strong coming out of the turn 3 - 4 into that first DRS zone, they just go flat out with both DRS and KERS fully wide open with ridiculous consistency. The situation is especially worse for the players in their first season when the MyTeam car still has terrible chassis and aero which made riding the curb very difficult, because with the high drag you can't really run higher downforce or else they'll just fly pass you down the long straight. 

The Ai is quite weak in the final section though.

Edited by DRTApophis
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Nythial said:

Well; it can be a tough track for some due to the proximity of the walls.

The straights; the AI seems to always have a bit of a power advantage.  I dont know if that's because they seem to get out of the corners with more grip; or if they just have more horsepower down the straights.   Your setup could have something to do with that if you have too much drag; and your exit from the corners could hurt your speed down the straights too.  Key to me is getting into those turns with early braking so you can let the car rotate through them and get on the gas out of them as quickly and smoothly and with as much grip as possible.  Both have fairly sharp and slow turns for you to exit before hitting the straight, so it's important to me to nail the entry on the braking, try and keep speed through the turn and accelerate off as quick as your can.  If you're braking through those turns, you'll likely not carry enough speed out of them to keep the AI off your back.

The last sector with those decently fast sweeping turns can be tricky too.  I find the AI just has more speed/grip through them, but that could be setup based as well.  You really need to nail the rhythm through that section; it's harder with a controller IMO if that's how you're playing.

Lastly; I think you also need to keep in mind what mode you are playing.  If it's career or my team; your vehicle performance may have alot to do with it compared to the AI.  If their engine and aero are superior to yours; you'll likely find them creeping up on you down those two long straights. 

On the straights, I tend to save my battery to use overtake on the straights to keep my speed up.  If my fuel mileage is good too I'll sometimes boost my engine mode up to rich on those straights, then knock it back down.  Just to give me that extra boost. IMO if you're riding around on standard fuel mode or ignoring your overtake button all lap; you're doing it wrong at any track, not just Vietnam.

Look for some setups online too; that should help your speed.  Also... practice.  To me, it's a tricky little track.  Hated it at first compared to Zandvoort, but after I put some time into it on a 100% race distance, I can manage it much better now.

Edited by petro1319
Just now, mahmutcan0163 said:

Maybe you need a good setup and lower ai difficulty.

Set up perhaps , im usually very late breaking in my driving , i dont want to lower AI because its fine on other tracks i play at 90% and Hannoi is the only one where i get totally demolished

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Nythial said:

Set up perhaps , im usually very late breaking in my driving , i dont want to lower AI because its fine on other tracks i play at 90% and Hannoi is the only one where i get totally demolished

To me, late braking is likely causing your problem for the straights.  You're carrying too much speed through the tight slow corners that open to the long straights so your scrubbing off speed still through the corner which means your acceleration point will be farther behind your competition allowing them to reach a higher top speed as they've accelerated sooner.  You should be braking earlier so you can accelerate out of the turns quicker which should allow you to reach that top end speed quicker out of the corners and down the straights.

Edited by petro1319

Any particular advice for that strange round about like corner that is just before the long straight ? thats the exit i mess up most at ,  My sector 1 and 2 are terrible , in sector 3 i usually go plenty fast

• Social Media & Community Team

If you're in My Team the Season 1 car has a very poor chassis and can't really cope with the demands of the circuit. It gets much better in Season 2.

36 minutes ago, Nythial said:

Any particular advice for that strange round about like corner that is just before the long straight ? thats the exit i mess up most at ,  My sector 1 and 2 are terrible , in sector 3 i usually go plenty fast

I go over every corner in detail here, hope it helps 🙂 

• Thanks 1