Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Gameplay Previews

Posted (edited)

EDIT: The following text has nothing to do with the title (changed by mods, and with an obvious reason)¬†so I would recommend you to skip this and start looking at page 3 and so on. ūüėČ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

¬† ¬† ¬†Hello everyone from the forums, I hope you all are doing great. I have made this topic to discuss about how people are being too impatient and asking¬†repeatedly to Codemasters to upload gameplay for their upcoming game, F1 2021. I know this will topic will not help on stopping them, but I think it's worth saying some words about this and to make people at YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, even the forums and etc understand why they should stop being impatient. I also apologize for mispells, english is not my main language ūüėē.

First of all, we need to stop being impatient. It is only one month and a half left for the game's release, so that's not a lot. If they are not showing gameplay, it's because they are working hard for the game and are focused. I know that people would even rather to see glitched textures and unfinished collision just to see game footage than nothing. However, Codemasters will NEVER do this, as not only it's so unnecessary, but also they would show a bad image of themselves and make controversy.

Saying "show gameplay!!" will not make the game's development go faster. Having those messages could make the devs have more stress, even try rushing the game's development and, in the end, having a game full of bugs, and this is what they DON'T want. So please, be nice with them and be patient. In the first place we should be thankful for having great F1 games, and also having a new huge thing every game -- and this is all thanks to Codemasters.

We should mention that Codemasters are not only working on the F1 2021 game, but also on the F1 2022 one at the same time. This should be the reason why we did not, not only have seen gameplay, but also the cars with their proper chasis, have this year's F2 and tracks post-patch, and etc.

And also, they need to fix the bugs that were reported already in the previous (and current) F1 games. As an example, they need to take a look if the multiplayer (connection), gameplay (handling, damage and etc), tracks (collision, corner cuts and etc) and other stuff are okay. If there is an issue they should take a look at the problem immediately and fix it. And surely they got work to do, so let's not stress them.

That's it pretty much. Not gonna lie, I find myself a bit impatient too, but I never did this. If you got any experience or some words to say, post it here. I will be reading you. Thanks for reading this, and I hope everyone understands why we must be patient with Codemasters. Have a great day!

Edited by Eclipsium
  • Like 1

It's the same every year, it's part of the business, CM don't need people jumping to their defense honestly. 

The game is likely to review and sell great as always and have a strong player base for its cycle. 

There's no emergency here and certainly not that needs public defense. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
5 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

It's the same every year, it's part of the business, CM don't need people jumping to their defense honestly. 

The game is likely to review and sell great as always and have a strong player base for its cycle. 

There's no emergency here and certainly not that needs public defense. 

I am already aware that, obviously, it is not an emergency, and CM doesn't need to answer these comments -- but trust me, I have seen this kind of comments a lot and people can get tired of these (especially if you take a look at their Twitter's/Instagram's comments on their posts). It's not a public defense I would say, it's just that I'm very tired from seeing it everywhere and, although knowing already that this will not help because not everyone are on the CM forums, I thought I would give what I think about this and why they should stop.

• Agree 3

You sre right with the thing that people complain about this stuff too much maybe

But i have to say your text sounds really like awesome fanboy... dont wanna mention that u are.... it sounds just a little bit too much like it

I mean its a good game.... but to tell every year a great game is way too much

I mean there are a lot of things: Physics, FFB, UI, Camera Settings..... so many things that neeeeeds improvement before you should add some gamemode stuff.....

So i dont wanna be the bad guy there but that's reality. I mean it's a good game but nothing more to be honest. Also the sim part of the game is very small.... but well it is a game, so yeah :)

Just to clarify the things a little bit :)

Don't be mad at me

• Agree 1
14 minutes ago, Exodium said:

You sre right with the thing that people complain about this stuff too much maybe

But i have to say your text sounds really like awesome fanboy... dont wanna mention that u are.... it sounds just a little bit too much like it

I mean its a good game.... but to tell every year a great game is way too much

I mean there are a lot of things: Physics, FFB, UI, Camera Settings..... so many things that neeeeeds improvement before you should add some gamemode stuff.....

So i dont wanna be the bad guy there but that's reality. I mean it's a good game but nothing more to be honest. Also the sim part of the game is very small.... but well it is a game, so yeah ūüôā

Just to clarify the things a little bit ūüôā

Don't be mad at me

Just to be aware of: my english is not as good so my word choices are not the most correct ūüėĄ. In fact there is a lot of stuff to improve for the F1 games. I'm not a huge fan of the F1 games, I just like playing them (but I'd admit I'm obsessed with F1 in general!)

And I'm not sure if I said about improvements but if I didn't then yeah, I think it's more important to improve stuff than adding new big stuff.

And it's fine, I completely understand your point of view, so nothing to worry about.¬†ūüôā But just to clarify: I wouldn't confess myself as a fanboy because there is still a lot of work to do in this game (improvements and adding minor features that the community has requested, but at the same time not being repetitive with it) and it is¬†not the best game ever.

• Agree 1

I would be surprised if they are unable to show off the graphics on next gen machines 6 weeks before release when they should be in the bug testing phase by now. The game will be going gold in the next three weeks or so. 

People in betas leaking gameplays and stuff. I don't know If its real but if it is I think official gameplay video should come out from codemasters now.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CZPZ said:

People in betas leaking gameplays and stuff. I don't know If its real but if it is I think official gameplay video should come out from codemasters now.

i haven't really seen any leaked gameplay yet.

many people make posts etc claiming to be the game but actually not be it

Edited by Nightfire1964
50 minutes ago, KleineBossie said:

Everyone who cares about this: (official) Gameplay will be out today or tomorrow.

Where do you get this information from?

38 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

i haven't really seen any leaked gameplay yet.

many people make posts etc claiming to be the game but actually not be it

As far as I know there were 2 leaks on Youtube that showed the F1 2021 game.

Yeah it'll be out today, Tommyt999 has a gameplay vid uploaded privately, and a Dutch creator also said there will be gameplay today. Expect videos in just over 2 or just over 4 hours

• Agree 2
14 minutes ago, silb05 said:

Yeah it'll be out today, Tommyt999 has a gameplay vid uploaded privately, and a Dutch creator also said there will be gameplay today. Expect videos in just over 2 or just over 4 hours

Exactly.

35 minutes ago, silb05 said:

Hope you're right! I've seen about TommyT999 but not about this dutch creator

Just now, KleineBossie said:

@EclipsiumYou've chosen a bad moment for this topic :classic_biggrin:

oopsie¬†ūüė¨

Still was worth saying a few words. And not only this can count on F1 2021 (although apparently there will be gameplay in a few hours), but also for further games.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Eclipsium said:

oopsie¬†ūüė¨

Still was worth saying a few words. And not only this can count on F1 2021 (although apparently there will be gameplay in a few hours), but also for further games.

It's pretty normal to people be impatient, we are humans and this days maybe the game it's the only thing that can help people to forget some problems and have a nice and calm time, of course some of then just overreact and make such a dramatic scene, but it's understendable. The world need more love and comprehensiveness, not hate and judgement. 
So, now we have some official content coming to day, hope we can get hyped for those 40 days left to the game release. 

See you guys later, let's wait and have a nice time, let's waiting for @BarryBLcreating a post about the gameplay, see you guys there.

Today it's the rain of gameplays.

Posted (edited)

I don't know what exciting things people are expecting to see in a gameplay video anyway. Like all franchise titles, it basically looks the same every year, with different car and menu graphics. You're not going to be able to to see whether the critical parts (e.g. handling, multiplayer) have been improved in a gameplay video.

Edited by scottishwildcat
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, scottishwildcat said:

I don't know what exciting things people are expecting to see in a gameplay video anyway. Like all franchise titles, it basically looks the same every year, with different car and menu graphics. You're not going to be able to to see whether the critical parts (e.g. handling, multiplayer) have been improved in a gameplay video.

I think if you have a PS5 or an Xbox X then you will want to see what the game looks like on a next gen machine for the first time. As for pc and ps4 users well yeah it will probably be as you were. 

Edited by dfooster
9 minutes ago, scottishwildcat said:

You're not going to be able to to see whether the critical parts (e.g. handling, multiplayer) have been improved in a gameplay video.

This would be true if Codemasters simply released gameplay but known players putting out videos on YouTube actually are in a position to comment on handling changes. They did last year.

• Like 1
  • Getts0388 changed the title to "F1 teams and drivers helped develop F1 2021 game" article I came across today, enjoy
  • PJTierney changed the title to F1 2021 Gameplay Previews