Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews

14 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Even this I don't like, Alonso at 99, in a new team, new car, with a new teammate, with rules changes and even bigger changes around the corner, he can't gain anything else from these experiences? Really?

I don't buy that. 

Alonso, I agree. He missed two years. Two quite important years in that they are the last two and the current iteration of car. I think that's worth docking a few experience points, yeah. Kimi missed two but his were so long ago that I guess we could say he's earned them back. 

However, (it won't happen but hear me out), imagine someone like Hamilton/Vettel with an unbroken streak of this being their 15th year in the sport. Now, if they did another 10 seasons, they'd have done 25 unbroken seasons.  It's hard to say you could be more experienced than that.  I imagine their other stats would be pants though. 

• Agree 1

I practically fell out of my chair laughing when I heard the voice for the main character’s mom in Braking Point. I mean Really? It sounds like a woman in her 70’s with some accent I cant even tell where from. 

In terms of the ratings, if they actually do anything I’d love to have the ability to manually adjust these prior to starting a new Career because they’re just completely fkd up imo. 

• Agree 3
3 minutes ago, Bhawk67 said:

I practically fell out of my chair laughing when I heard the voice for the main character’s mom in Braking Point. I mean Really? It sounds like a woman in her 70’s with some accent I cant even tell where from.

Haha, i thought it was more like a villain out of 24 or something! Think i’ll be rejecting that call on my play through 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Ratings discussion is a bit of guess but it gets silly quickly. Just remember that they're only ever really opinions. And personally I haven't noticed them reflected all that much in the game anyway with 2020, which reflects sports games in general. Fifa, NHL and so on. AI will do what they want a lot of the time. Happy to hear otherwise though from peoples experiences.

3 minutes ago, Joethe155 said:

Ratings discussion is a bit of guess but it gets silly quickly. Just remember that they're only ever really opinions. And personally I haven't noticed them reflected all that much in the game anyway with 2020, which reflects sports games in general. Fifa, NHL and so on. AI will do what they want a lot of the time. Happy to hear otherwise though from peoples experiences.

You don't think Bottas' 99 awareness rating was involved in many players reports of him dominating the game in F1 2020?

I think the ratings don't matter that much. In F1 2020, Hamilton had the best rating, but in most races he was always around 2-4th place, with Bottas winning most of the races, and Verstappen, who had the second best rating, was often behind the Ferraris. Whereas the Williams, Latifi in particular, has often finished in 9th place, although he has the worst rating of all the F1 drivers, at least in my game

If the balance is not right, the ratings don't really make a difference.

Posted (edited)

This driver skill diskussion is way OT here, I wish the 2021 forum was already up so we could properly discuss that there 😛 

But given this is the place to discuss everything now, seemingly, I would mostly be interested if the formula behind this is being known: "OVERALL - Which takes into account all of the above, calculated with a weigthed average". This might mean that pace is more important for overall rating than racecraft, e.g.. Anyone has that formula that explains all the drivers overall ratings?

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Not sure about that. I suspect it is/was subject to change and many YouTubers commented anyway and were generally positive about it having improved when they did.

From what I have seen in the early build, the ai race craft performance is identical to the F1 2020 game version, despite what the youtubers may claim. Also why would cm improve the ai, and then tell the youtubers who are suppose to be promoting game, not to say anything about it.

1 minute ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

Also why would cm improve the ai, and then tell the youtubers who are suppose to be promoting game, not to say anything about it.

As I said above - because it was still being worked on.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Formula 1 have just revealed the driver ratings for F1 2021, which you can find here 🙂 

Ohhhhh wait, wait - here is an old quote:

"EXPANDED DRIVER STATS IN F1 2021 NOW INCLUDE A FOCUS ATTRIBUTE"

Now, where did that one go? Have I been living under a rock while this had been cancelled?!?

4 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Ohhhhh wait, wait - here is an old quote:

"EXPANDED DRIVER STATS IN F1 2021 NOW INCLUDE A FOCUS ATTRIBUTE"

Now, where did that one go? Have I been living under a rock while this had been cancelled?!?

I think it’s in the MyTeam / Career mode and is based on your experience. 
For example, Max crashes out in your first race, he gets lower focus. 
Whereas, in another persons career, he wins a race and has more focus. 

It’s a dynamic stat that is completely user relative and not a fixed stat.

Some of these ratings are horrible..

They've added the new Focus stat so they should utilise it. McLaren is the perfect one to demonstrate this. Realistically, Ricciardo is probably still a higher rated driver than Lando based on previous form but is obviously struggling right now. Keep Ricciardo's 92 pace from 2020 and Norris up to his 89 but have Norris start with higher focus than Ricciardo by default so that he generally performs better despite lower base stats.

The awareness stat in general is a bit of a joke. None of them should be at 99, let alone four of them. "The ability to avoid penalties and incidents" :

- Bottas: Literally 2 weeks ago managed to spin in the pitlane, crashed with Russell at Imola and spent most of the Turkish GP last season spinning and attempting to destroy Ocon's car.

- Norris: Has 8 penalty points. Doesn't sound like someone who avoids penalties.

- Russell: Crashed with Bottas at Imola as well as spinning under safety car last season.

- Gasly: Took out half the field with a clumsy move at Mugello last season. 

Why is Sainz rated lower than Norris despite beating him for the last two seasons and is matching a 92 pace Leclerc. He should be 90 at least. Russell's pace should be 89/90 but lower awareness. Alonso only 86 pace? Ocon only 79? Should be 90 and 85 at least respectively.

Rosberg having all of his stats lower than Bottas?? 

Codies, please just add an in game stat editor...

• Agree 6
Just now, Wynterdust said:

Some of these ratings are horrible..

Just now, Wynterdust said:

Codies, please just add an in game stat editor...

I totally agree on either of these, and how often have we been asking for the in game stat editor - we wont get one 😞 I bet the community would sort out these stats in 3 days, though... I have written it before, bind achievements to the original Codemaster stats if you must, or something similar, but please let us alter the driver / car / engine stats, taking away any of the pressure from the devs to do things right...

• Agree 3

Another thing I don’t really get is the experience stat, or rather, how it is worked out. 
I’d assume it’s the most black and white of all the stats. You get more experience for the longer time period that you’ve been in the sport. May be one or two other variables like feeder series but mainly based around races entered in the main formula and time in the sport in some capacity.

Gasly had his first races in 2017 and a full season the year after. He’s been at a back of the grid standard team, the middle of the grid standard and front of the grid. And he’s 59 rated. So that’s the benchmark I’ll start from. 
So how are Russell and Norris more experienced?  They’re 60 rated and even if you factor in Russell having experience of 1 race in mercedes.. what? 
Gio is 54. Which is less than Russell, Norris… and Latifi. He’s been involved in F1 a lot longer than all of those so I’m not sure how that works. I know he didn’t start full time until 19 but he had a few races prior and backstage working with a team on the grid. 
Lance started full time two years before the 2019 rookies and is 2 experience points better off? 

I know the ratings are a little arbitrary but that’s the one that should be the clearest to work out and I can’t really understand where the basis for the ratings comes from. It’s not from length, position of teams on the grid, quantity of teams driven for, or any measurable metric.  

3 hours ago, Schneehase said:

I would mostly be interested if the formula behind this is being known: "OVERALL - Which takes into account all of the above, calculated with a weigthed average". This might mean that pace is more important for overall rating than racecraft, e.g.. Anyone has that formula that explains all the drivers overall ratings?

So, I ended up answering my own question here:

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I have found another solution on Facebook without the hidden factor. 

This seems quiet easy but it makes sense. In this theory the pace factor is more important for the overall value than the others.  But look at yourself.

Screenshot_20210708-231416_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I was interested in the math last year so I used algebra to work out all of the ratings and their multipliers.

Experience was 0.25

Racecraft was 0.75

Awareness was 1

Pace was 2

Then round down to the nearest integer.  Your numbers are quite similar to it works out!    

I'd be happy to input this years stats into last years formulae and see if the results are the same.  I hadn't done it already this year as I don't know how the focus multiplier works yet. 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Launch trailer dropping soon, it's almost race time 🙂 

Looks nice, of course it would be weird if it didn't. 

Braking point stuff wets the appetite (I won't be watching any of the first hour vids) though I'd love to know where the Will Buxton / lakeside property pieces are from, My Team? And how interesting, deep or ultimately repetitive they will be. 

Looks like driver career will be untouched which is a bit of a shame (other than the 2 player addition of course) I would have thought someone would have at least arranged to have that red car sitting outside your HQ towed by now. 

Edited by KNT2011
  • Social Media & Community Team
2 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I'd love to know where the Will Buxton / lakeside property pieces are from, My Team?

He shows up in My Team again this year 🙂 

Just now, PJTierney said:

He shows up in My Team again this year 🙂 

Thanks, yeah it was my assumption. I'd love to see more of those kinds of things in career in general, it helps to bring the world to life.