Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews

53 minutes ago, scottishwildcat said:

I don't know what exciting things people are expecting to see in a gameplay video anyway. Like all franchise titles, it basically looks the same every year, with different car and menu graphics. You're not going to be able to to see whether the critical parts (e.g. handling, multiplayer) have been improved in a gameplay video.

Don't confuse them with facts , grey areas are their forte , there are trillions of bits of information floating about out there and they all need to be considered . If you said you were popping to the shop there would be a committee meeting on here for weeks about it , the analytical mind in these type of people is an abyss.

2 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

Don't confuse them with facts , grey areas are their forte , there are trillions of bits of information floating about out there and they all need to be considered . If you said you were popping to the shop there would be a committee meeting on here for weeks about it , the analytical mind in these type of people is an abyss.

Ah just on time to insult everyone, again. Amazing you don't get any warnings or bans really. 

Well I have to say this comes as a welcome surprise!

1118892507_ScreenShot2021-06-02at17_17_50.thumb.png.39f73d9b30f0c147f15edd5b084c75c4.png1074047918_ScreenShot2021-06-02at17_18_05.thumb.png.23528dc563b4a77e2c1160f9daf3b4fb.png

A HUD for offline replay mode! I no longer have to put this in the suggestion forum every year thank the lord :classic_laugh:

PC users can also save a full race replay now and not just the highlights, no word on consoles yet though. Come on CM, nearly there, I can save them on GTS, let me do it on F1 now we finally have a HUD. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, CZPZ said:

People in betas leaking gameplays and stuff. I don't know If its real but if it is I think official gameplay video should come out from codemasters now.

They have been given permission to do this so they can get the game out there to many people this saves them time to focus more on the game 

• Getts0388 changed the title to "F1 teams and drivers helped develop F1 2021 game" article I came across today, enjoy

I've seen the TM gameplay.

All the settings looks really cool, I hope we'll see something from MyTeam in the near future before the release.

A thing that I'm worried, I haven't seen the 8/16/Full races option before starting a career.

But I've still hope, considering it's a early early access

6 minutes ago, pspps1 said:

I've seen the TM gameplay.

All the settings looks really cool, I hope we'll see something from MyTeam in the near future before the release.

A thing that I'm worried, I haven't seen the 8/16/Full races option before starting a career.

But I've still hope, considering it's a early early access

A much appreciated feature, I doubt they'll be removing that mate. 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Callum5729 said:

They have been given permission to do this so they can get the game out there to many people this saves them time to focus more on the game 

I writed that approximately 10 hours ago, before official releases 🙂

Hey guys!

I've just received my Beta code for F1 2021 by email, but when I claim the code in my pS5 a message says: You cannot get this content in the region you are in

I'm in Brazil and my PSN is Brazilian, do I need to create another user in another region for a different PSN to be able to download the Beta?

3 minutes ago, GiovaneWebster said:

Hey guys!

I've just received my Beta code for F1 2021 by email, but when I claim the code in my pS5 a message says: You cannot get this content in the region you are in

I'm in Brazil and my PSN is Brazilian, do I need to create another user in another region for a different PSN to be able to download the Beta?

You should ask questions like this in the dedicated beta section of the forum, not here 🙂. As a PS5 owner myself I hope you get this sorted though.

• Like 1

Well I've watched the videos from Tiametmarduk, Aarava and Veloce and mostly that all looks pretty good I think 🙂.

Not having to faff about with fuel modes is a change I was hoping to see so I'm glad that's changed. The changes to the damage system look like the biggest step up although it will be interesting to see how the tyre model changes feel too.

I can't say I'm a fan of the new HUD from first look though.

13 minutes ago, GiovaneWebster said:

Hey guys!

There is info about this on beta forum.

5 minutes ago, GiovaneWebster said:

Can you send me the link? I can't find it here 

You should find it in the main page of the forum. It's a blue part saying F1 2021 Beta or something like that. I can't send you a link there because I wasn't successful. So if you can't find it, make a thread that you can't find it but you were one of the successful applicants, then you'll get better help.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

A much appreciated feature, I doubt they'll be removing that mate. 

Finger crossed 🤞

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

I can't say I'm a fan of the new HUD from first look though.

Agreed, I was expecting something more realistic, like the ones people made on Simhub.

This Hud? Mh, the bottom part gives me some sort of late PS1/Early PS2 Studio Liverpool/EA type of F1 games vibes. Which was cool at the time, but here, for me at least, doesn't impress me.

But anyway, still from me just a minor aspect, I'm more curious about other stuff

Edited by pspps1

The tracks all look bright and colourful - and still don't appear to have been updated or made to look more realistic. 

I played Assetto Corsa Comp today and the tracks are raw and gritty and you feel like you really are on concrete - you can feel the road.

The floaty handling nature of F1 2020 still seems to exist in this new game. 

I still think F1 2017 had the best physics. The car felt heavy and real. 

Simply undated the UI and splashing bright colours everywhere doesn't improve the game.

Disappointing so far. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

The tracks all look bright and colourful - and still don't appear to have been updated or made to look more realistic. 

I played Assetto Corsa Comp today and the tracks are raw and gritty and you feel like you really are on concrete - you can feel the road.

The floaty handling nature of F1 2020 still seems to exist in this new game. 

I still think F1 2017 had the best physics. The car felt heavy and real. 

Simply undated the UI and splashing bright colours everywhere doesn't improve the game.

Disappointing so far. 

There're already some comparison videos out there that shows the different between the two games, there're quite some changes when you compare them side-by-side. The real criticism is that the tracks are still not laser scanned, but for a yearly release I think it's unrealistic to expect them to have any real breakthroughs on the track model, especially when there're some new track that're gonna be added to the game.

Also, please don't forget one thing, the world in real life had always been colorful. What we commonly saw on TV was never truly representative, be it the settings from the camera that captured the visuals, or the quality of our TV.

Edited by DRTApophis
Posted (edited)

The HUD is terrible, the rev counter/ers display is far too long takes over the screen even when pushed into the corner

Biggest concern people who have been playing the game are complaining kerbs are even more punishing this time round.

Have the developers not watched real life f1 with drivers all over the kerbs all the time?

Edited by TomAAA
  • PJTierney changed the title to F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews