Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews


Recommended Posts

  • Social Media & Community Team
1 minute ago, AllenB2609 said:

I don‘t see any next gen graphics. Graphic looks exactly the same as last year. Very underwhelming. Was expecting a bigger jump.

All the preview builds were on Steam, and visuals will largely depend on what hardware people are using. Some will have RTX cards and some won't.

 

Also, work in progress 😉 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, silb05 said:

Will the Aston Martin and Mercedes steering wheels be updated? They're different in real life this season

the footage shown is work in progress so they might get updated if not in a later car livery patch

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

I don‘t see any next gen graphics. Graphic looks exactly the same as last year. Very underwhelming. Was expecting a bigger jump.

Everything I have seen has been PC footage which has been 'next gen' or better for years... That said, I did think the character models looked like they'd been improved to me? As did the wet track appearance actually.

The biggest graphical upgrade on current gen (PS5/XSX) is the possibility of a 120 Hz mode. I'm waiting to see someone like Digital Foundry to publish some testing of this...

Edited by Ultra3142
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Everything I have seen has been PC footage which has been 'next gen' or better for years... That said, I did think the character models looked like they'd been improved to me? As did the wet track appearance actually.

The biggest graphical upgrade on current gen (PS5/XSX) is the possibility of a 120 Hz mode. I'm waiting to see someone like Digital Foundry to publish some testing of this...

I'm looking forward to seeing what players get from the upgraded PC, PS5 etc. versions, as though I was initially excited by the next gen jump in gaming, nothing I've seen so far has given me that wow moment, and no loading times... while nice.. doesn't exactly make a run for my wallet. 

Was disappointed at not being able to pick up a Ps5 yet but the more time goes on and the more games are just PS4 versions with some additional bells and whistles, it definitely doesn't feel like a £400 upgrade is worth it. 

I don't know if they rushed this new gen in or COVID had such a huge impact on availability and development we just haven't yet seen what it can do, but games still coming out on Ps4 look and play very well indeed. 

As a sidenote, I believe the new NASCAR game is developed with a new engine from the ground up for next gen machines and hardware, we might get to a real jump from that series that others are struggling or just not yet able to provide. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KNT2011 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what players get from the upgraded PC, PS5 etc. versions, as though I was initially excited by the next gen jump in gaming, nothing I've seen so far has given me that wow moment, and no loading times... while nice.. doesn't exactly make a run for my wallet. 

The biggest improvements from PS4 to PS5 are frame rate and loading time improvements that you don't really appreciate from watching YouTube videos. I was lucky enough to get a PS5 in February and I'm very happy with it. Testing my PS4 before selling it honestly felt like a real step back by comparison. Oh, and the new controller is much better but that won't make a difference for racing with a wheel. 

I wouldn't pay scalper prices but I'm sure when you do get your hands on one you'll be very glad you did 🙂.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All this 'preview build' and 'work in progress' nonsense. It's the same every year - every Youtube video that comes out - each Youtuber has clearly been instructed to say 'this is a preview build so things may change blah blah.'

We all know this year's game is finished and CodeEAmasters are are already planning how to make more money from next year's reskin.

I'll still buy it because I love F1 but it's the same old story every twelve months. 

 

Edited by USPBauer24
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
10 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

All this 'preview build' and 'work in progress' nonsense. It's the same every year - every Youtube video that comes out - each Youtuber has clearly been instructed to say 'this is a preview build so things may change blah blah.'

Content creators and media aren't instructed to say anything. We give them codes, they do what they want.

 

https://www.ea.com/game-changers/faq#q12

Quote


WHAT IF I POST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON THE GAME, OR EA?


If a Game Changer posts a negative review or content about the company or one of our games that is honest and constructive – they will have our thanks and full support. We demand that our Game Changers act with honesty with us, with our dev teams, and with the community. Sometimes this can make things uncomfortable! EA is committed to being player first and earning the trust of our community. We make mistakes and get things wrong all the time. For our teams to improve and get better, we need our Game Changers to keep it real.

 

As for Work in Progress, the game's a month away from release, so lots of polish and bugfixing going on.

I remember the performance of F1 2020 improving quite a bit in the final passes, as my 1080ti could eventually run the game at max settings (1440p) with decent framerate, when it couldn't necessarily do that a few months prior.

 

Regarding Preview Build, the one they all have access to is quite literally that, a preview. It only has a few circuits, doesn't have Braking Point, or Multiplayer etc. There's enough there to get a feel for the game as the videos have shown, and I'm sure more coverage will come in the future 🙂 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think F1 2021 is another big step in the right direction. We're getting a new damage model, an improved simulation of tires and engine tmperatures. There is a career with many individual settings and a new Story mode etc. So, there are improvments in almost every area, even though the developers are under time pressure. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, USPBauer24 said:

All this 'preview build' and 'work in progress' nonsense. It's the same every year - every Youtube video that comes out - each Youtuber has clearly been instructed to say 'this is a preview build so things may change blah blah.'

We all know this year's game is finished and CodeEAmasters are are already planning how to make more money from next year's reskin.

I'll still buy it because I love F1 but it's the same old story every twelve months. 

 

Honestly i don't like EA at all, thanks to regional prices. But saying F1 2021 is "reskin" isnt true, it has some really good improvements from F1 2020. 

Edited by mahmutcan0163
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

Honestly i don't like EA at all, thanks to regional prices. But saying F1 2021 is "reskin" isnt true, it has some really good improvements from F1 2020. 

Yeah I completely agree with you. I don't think removing regional pricing was a good idea at all and this year's game did a step forward in several points. I wouldn't say that the F1 games are the very best but they do put something big new (e.g. Braking Point) and several new features (e.g. completely new damage system, random failures, tweaked handling, etc) on every game since 2019.

Talking about Work In Progress, there are actually changes, and although they are minor or not so noticing, we shouldn't come up with conclusions before the game gets released.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 12:03 PM, PJTierney said:

Here's another video, from Tom97 🙂 

 

 

 

Yeah 1-1 10-10...in which outher space world? They have no idea of car phisycs...same parameters that we can tune but with different numbers...oh oh a new handling model!!! It's so disappointing...no dampers, no brake duct, no LSD, nothing new at all...

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 5:07 PM, PJTierney said:

Content creators and media aren't instructed to say anything. We give them codes, they do what they want.

Every Youtuber who has released a video in the last couple of days have all said 'this is early access things may change' or words to that effect. They say it every year.

Jimmy Broadbent went so far as saying 'This footage does not represent the final product before a man from EA comes around and breaks my little gamer legs.'

Moving on...

Positives of the recent vids: 

Flat spotting the tyres

Damage to the floor and side pods (rear wing damage looks ridiculous as apparently a shark has been biting at it)

Increased chance of safety car

Other than that, it looks pretty standard. I know people are going to say 'but there a huge story lines in the career mode and there are new game modes' and as true as that maybe, the tracks still don't look realistic, the cars fly to moon if they go near a kerb and the game looks very saturated and bright. I want it to feel real and gritty.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

Every Youtuber who has released a video in the last couple of days have all said 'this is early access things may change' or words to that effect. They say it every year.

Jimmy Broadbent went so far as saying 'This footage does not represent the final product before a man from EA comes around and breaks my little gamer legs.'

Moving on...

Positives of the recent vids: 

Flat spotting the tyres

Damage to the floor and side pods (rear wing damage looks ridiculous as apparently a shark has been biting at it)

Increased chance of safety car

Other than that, it looks pretty standard. I know people are going to say 'but there a huge story lines in the career mode and there are new game modes' and as true as that maybe, the tracks still don't look realistic, the cars fly to moon if they go near a kerb and the game looks very saturated and bright. I want it to feel real and gritty.

 

Where u saw flat spotting pls?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Neomo said:

Where u saw flat spotting pls?

I think it was in Aarava's first video, could be wrong. Definitely saw one of the first videos showing that flatspotting is a thing now.

On top of that, there's now full car damage (floor, sidepods, rear wing, rear diffuser) and player mechanical fault options. According to Aarava, some faults can actually force the player to retire.

Really excited about this but I hope it's been fleshed out enough to be a random thing now and not just "oh it's cause your part's worn out, put on a new part and you won't get problems anymore". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, s00zster said:

I think it was in Aarava's first video, could be wrong. Definitely saw one of the first videos showing that flatspotting is a thing now.

On top of that, there's now full car damage (floor, sidepods, rear wing, rear diffuser) and player mechanical fault options. According to Aarava, some faults can actually force the player to retire.

Really excited about this but I hope it's been fleshed out enough to be a random thing now and not just "oh it's cause your part's worn out, put on a new part and you won't get problems anymore". 

And what that flat spots doing? Bcs visually doesnt exist si it vibrate on steering?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neomo said:

And what that flat spots doing? Bcs visually doesnt exist si it vibrate on steering?

No idea, it was just briefly mentioned. Perhaps there will be more about it closer to release..?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USPBauer24 said:

AI seem to pit under safety car as well. 

I'm pretty sure they already do in F1 2020 but for this game they pit even earlier than they use to do.

E.g.: in F1 2020 they would only pit under SC two laps before pit window, and for F1 2021 it seems to pit laps earlier than that. So it's an improvement I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is it just me or does the red suggested gear indicator look really hard to read on the new HUD to anyone else? See this video for example:

 

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Is it just me or does the red suggested gear indicator look really hard to read on the new HUD to anyone else? See this video for example:

 

I think if you use the new HUD at the middle of the screen there will be no problem, but it's a bit off actualy

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PJTierney changed the title to F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...