Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews


Recommended Posts

in the German Game Magazine https://www.pcgameshardware.de/F1-2021-Spiel-73284/News/Details-zu-neuen-Spielmodi-1374116/ they made public that the new damage modell is exclusive for the PC, Ps5 und Xbox X/S Series. 

Quote:

"Exklusiv für Spieler auf der Playstation 5 oder Xbox Series X/S gibt es ein verbessertes Schadensmodell."

Is that true? Is there really no new damage modell for Ps4 and xbox one, too? Can anyone confirm or deny? 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

Is that true?

No. There are other sources clearly stating that there are no functional differences like this between platform and frankly it would be harder for Codemasters to implement. It would also be problematic for cross-gen gameplay (PS4 with PS5) which will also be happening.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2021 at 7:35 AM, KNT2011 said:

I doubt this took anywhere near the bulk of the budget or dev time, it's an odd thing to pick out to complain out. Anyone who is a regular multiplayer user, and there are many, should be optimistic about this addition as, depending how it's done, it could aleviate some of the massive frustration caused by yup, rammers and cheaters. 

Totally fine if you don't think the game is worth the price on the features offered, but this is an odd one to pick on IMO, and again depending how it's done could be very popular. 

I doubt classic cars were removed specifically to accomodate this mode. 

Maybe by your interpretation you claim it to be odd but the feature as I see it is pointless. As this "social races for beginners" will be dead in a few months. The fact is you don't know as much as I how long it's taken to bring to fruition. The fact is the resources could be better used elsewhere regardless of time taken. Other features I'm excited for. Not for release but welcome nonetheless.       

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

Maybe by your interpretation you claim it to be odd but the feature as I see it is pointless. As this "social races for beginners" will be dead in a few months. The fact is you don't know as much as I how long it's taken to bring to fruition. The fact is the resources could be better used elsewhere regardless of time taken. Other features I'm excited for. Not for release but welcome nonetheless.       

Not sure why you should think the collision-free option's appeal would only last a few months. It will be interesting to see but I don't see why this should be the case, as to me it feels like it may have an enduring appeal for those looking for a quick race or two whilst safe in the knowledge that it can't be ruined by 'idiots'.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"As to me it feels like it may have an enduring appeal for those looking for a quick race or two whilst safe in the knowledge that it can't be ruined by 'idiots'."

If the mode as some sort of progression system within it then it's a fair point. Otherwise it is utterly a complete waste of time. Compared to other modes ruined by idiots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

If the mode as some sort of progression system within it then it's a fair point. Otherwise it is utterly a complete waste of time. Compared to other modes ruined by idiots. 

I'd argue it still wouldn't be a waste of time even with no progression system. The appeal would be to simply have fun, not achieve some sort of ranking. 

Time will tell how popular it is, or isn't 🙂.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

"Ghost racing" exists in many games, plus I imagine in F1 you'll still get XP for Podium Pass 😉 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

"Ghost racing" exists in many games, plus I imagine in F1 you'll still get XP for Podium Pass 😉 

I'm interested in knowing however if you'll still be able to level up your license and / or safety rating (as it's also based around track limit penalties etc) or even both using this mode, as this would be the key selling point for me and other more experienced players. 

I understand it's not flat out aimed at us however given the current state of most ranked races it is attractive if we can still level up in the mode. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

I'm interested in knowing however if you'll still be able to level up your license and / or safety rating (as it's also based around track limit penalties etc) or even both using this mode, as this would be the key selling point for me and other more experienced players. 

I understand it's not flat out aimed at us however given the current state of most ranked races it is attractive if we can still level up in the mode. 

I'm not quite sure how a safety rating could be meaningfully obtained with collisions off? In that you will always end up having cars driving through each other, so if somehow it tried to detect 'collisions' behind the scenes then it would surely show everyone as massively unsafe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ultra3142 said:

I'm not quite sure how a safety rating could be meaningfully obtained with collisions off? In that you will always end up having cars driving through each other, so if somehow it tried to detect 'collisions' behind the scenes then it would surely show everyone as massively unsafe?

Appreciated but I did note that the safety rating is also made up of your penalties for track limits violations and corner cutting so this should still be able to measured without collisions. 

Personally I don't believe these should be under the same system, track limits is vastly different to ramming someone off a straight, but that's how it's set up at the moment. 

My worry is that the mode won't allow license or safety rating progression (but will allow XP) which will heavily limit the interest of anyone but beginners. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My own preference would actually be for the mode to be completely separate and not affect licence progression, so that it can purely be a fun mode with no consequences. Time will tell but this is how I expect the mode to behave from the little information that has been released.

Surely the collision aspect of the safety rating is the most important part, in that I'd have thought the aim was that if 'safer' drivers were grouped together that they could expect cleaner racing as a result? As such I'm not convinced that a safety rating boost that related purely to track limits would really be appropriate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Surely the collision aspect of the safety rating is the most important part, in that I'd have thought the aim was that if 'safer' drivers were grouped together that they could expect cleaner racing as a result? As such I'm not convinced that a safety rating boost that related purely to track limits would really be appropriate?

I mean you're likely right, it would seem a lot of additional work to get this in there. But, even if it just dished out the points for not getting any track limit or CC penalties it would be a nice bonus. 

Be nice to get some clarification either way as we know very little of the mode at the moment and for me personally online is going to be a core part of my 2021 experience and my biggest complaints on 2020 are of course the bellends who ruin your races on purpose. 

My expectation is that it will be a very light, beginner lobby with no progression and will have little interest from regular players, as Chromatic has predicted. But I'd like to be proved wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

My expectation is that it will be a very light, beginner lobby with no progression and will have little interest from regular players, as Chromatic has predicted. But I'd like to be proved wrong. 

For myself I can see long term appeal for those with a more casual interest in multiplayer, wanting to have the odd race now and then but not taking it 'seriously'. I have a feeling I'll fall into this category myself. As well as ramming I'll just mention that another deterrent for many of the online multiplayer experience is the gulf in performance between the top players and those relatively new to the game, those who don't have the time or inclination to play as much as the top drivers, or frankly those that simply lack the skill. I'm a mix of all three of these myself!

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

For myself I can see long term appeal for those with a more casual interest in multiplayer, wanting to have the odd race now and then but not taking it 'seriously'. I have a feeling I'll fall into this category myself. As well as ramming I'll just mention that another deterrent for many of the online multiplayer experience is the gulf in performance between the top players and those relatively new to the game, those who don't have the time or inclination to play as much as the top drivers, or frankly those that simply lack the skill. I'm a mix of all three of these myself!

Fair points. I do hope they've chucked a little something in there for us long suffering, traumatised ranked players who still flinch when passing other cars on the motorway :classic_laugh:

In terms of skill level, I don't know on this one man, WARZONE certainly doesn't care that I can't manage 30 seconds without getting murked and the 'bottom level players on PES still batter me 99% of the time, sometimes online is just that way. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone is rubbish in an FPS multiplayer then they're just an easy kill for others so other players aren't unhappy. Unless as part of a team I guess. F1 multiplayer is a little different I think in that a less skilled player is capable of inadvertently spoiling the race of others, which is something I at least have felt uncomfortable about doing. 

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I continue thinking and wishing about Codemasters simply solve how most all of their Online Multiplayer issues if they could and should adapt the System of Iracing in Penalties System.. if they could do that the Multiplayer would improve a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

I continue thinking and wishing about Codemasters simply solve how most all of their Online Multiplayer issues if they could and should adapt the System of Iracing in Penalties System.. if they could do that the Multiplayer would improve a lot

How does it work in iRacing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

A new batch of screenshots is starting to circulate on the interwebs, here's some shots of Austria 🙂 

 

Image

Image

Image

Image

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

I'm happy with how that set turned out 🙂 

I'm not taking all the promotional screens this year (I didn't last year either, but I did take 400), but I've done most of the ones you've all seen so far. Dev team is handy in giving me feedback on what works and what doesn't.

Those images are pretty much exactly what Photo Mode spits out too so I'm sure once you all play the game you'll have some great pics.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kyrillos152 said:

Hey i wanted to ask if the 2021 steering wheel for AM will be in the game, because in the preview builds it seemed that it was 2020 wheel.

Sorry but what is 'AM'?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PJTierney changed the title to F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...