Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, kyrillos152 said:

Hey i wanted to ask if the 2021 steering wheel for AM will be in the game, because in the preview builds it seemed that it was 2020 wheel.

Same for the Mercedes, they've also altered their steering wheel design. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, silb05 said:

Same for the Mercedes, they've also altered their steering wheel design. 

Little graphical things like this are seen as lower-priority. 

They usually release the game, wait for feedback on gamebreaking bugs and issues and resolve them. Once the snag list has begun to filter down, they start looking at graphical issues like this so, if they are to be included, it's usually later. 

No news if it will be looked at or not. Guess it is dependent on other issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the new Braking Point screens that dropped yesterday (I think?), anyway nothing overly special with these but they do show some excellent character models. 

I really hope the story delivers in this and gives us something intriguing and different, currently I'm worried that it's going to be pretty generic, even if well made. We'll see I guess!

572427407_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_34_50.thumb.png.b246a100bc3af40303adb25cba180ba9.png429921217_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_34_40.thumb.png.0389d60df8c8811edb12c09078c0da0e.png597480117_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_34_25.thumb.png.f8195ddb679371e60bb73bdc42df5056.png430362062_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_34_01.thumb.png.0ab097ace78544688289a6938a291f32.png70634706_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_33_37.thumb.png.e76fc8457a240ca9892d4688542c4fb0.png266092830_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_33_07.thumb.png.3d85acf4e84c24ea9d06911a6bfaea0b.png368690216_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_32_41.thumb.png.3795ce759ae75f9397eb2505d9acac05.png374059152_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_35_31.thumb.png.e12941540386bb57d788fa7ca371f91d.png368542088_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_35_21.thumb.png.afac8d551e09ecabf4dcbe2846168d36.png1057333350_ScreenShot2021-06-30at08_35_07.thumb.png.8c07f0d0b2e02ecd55117a45faa4d75e.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

Lol

whats even funnier, is that over 500 people actually follow these characters on twitter 🤦‍♂️ 😂

Well I didn't follow, but I find that to be quite a cool idea. I felt that it was more of a shame that they didn't go further and make these characters available in the driver market. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

Lol

whats even funnier, is that over 500 people actually follow these characters on twitter 🤦‍♂️ 😂

I followed them. Harmless bit of fun, doesn't hurt anybody.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

While I personally don’t think I’ll follow them, it seems like a bit of harmless fun and not worth ridiculing someone over them doing it. 
In a world where everyone wants every little detail about an upcoming game, I’m not surprised that people follow them on the off-chance that they’ll learn even one little tidbit of information they didn’t have before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

Here's something you all might like 🙂 

 

The fine folks over at Stick 2 F1 (a new podcast) asked me to come on to talk about my F1 2020 tutorials and getting better at racing games, and we also had Lee Mather on to chat about F1 2021 🙂 

Was fun to hang out with these guys last night so feel free to stick this on if you've got a spare hour today 🙂 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PJTierney changed the title to F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews

What about the press kits with the release version of F1 2021? Is there any information available, when youtubers are allowed to show us the real thing? I tried my best to get a press kit but needless to say with my tiny-whiny youtube channel that was a useless attempt...

I recon it should be soon, because with a release date of July 16th, minus 3 days early access thus July 13th, and "advertising" of the game starting about a week ahead, we cant be too far off? Anyone has more insights than this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
47 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I tried my best to get a press kit but needless to say with my tiny-whiny youtube channel that was a useless attempt...

Have you looked up EA Game Changers? That's how most (non-press) creators are getting access to the game at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2021 at 5:31 PM, Jobling1983 said:

Lol

whats even funnier, is that over 500 people actually follow these characters on twitter 🤦‍♂️ 😂

That's probably an all staff "please follow these Twitter feeds" request around Codemasters/EA 😂

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Have you looked up EA Game Changers? That's how most (non-press) creators are getting access to the game at the moment.

I did and sent them an application after mod Marcel pointed me there, did not receive any reply though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Alex Gillon also has a Braking Point stream sheduled for tomorrow at 4pm UK time! 
You can tell it's Braking Point based on the thumbnail, it's the picture of Devon in the dark room (press conferance) with Ocon and Norris behind 

 

Edited by Patteyh99
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Patteyh99 said:

Alex Gillon also has a Braking Point stream sheduled for tomorrow at 4pm UK time! 
You can tell it's Braking Point based on the thumbnail, it's the picture of Devon in the dark room (press conferance) with Ocon and Norris behind 

 

I get you can choose to watch these or not but given they're going to be all over the place as people are going to be looking for new info as well, it seems a bit much. I get youtuber's are living off views but come on, can we not spoil the only new mode or :classic_laugh:

I'd ask people on here please, if you do watch and want to discuss, open a dedicated thread for it so those us wanting to discover the story ourselves can simply avoid it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I get you can choose to watch these or not but given they're going to be all over the place as people are going to be looking for new info as well, it seems a bit much. I get youtuber's are living off views but come on, can we not spoil the only new mode or :classic_laugh:

I'd ask people on here please, if you do watch and want to discuss, open a dedicated thread for it so those us wanting to discover the story ourselves can simply avoid it. 

I get what you mean, but at the end of the day it is your choice to watch or not. Not to be "that" guy either, but we are in a "gameplay" discussion, which is why I shared the stream link here. There will definitely be multiple new threads popping up about it during the coming week/weeks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patteyh99 said:

I get what you mean, but at the end of the day it is your choice to watch or not. Not to be "that" guy either, but we are in a "gameplay" discussion, which is why I shared the stream link here. There will definitely be multiple new threads popping up about it during the coming week/weeks

Oh yeah I don't mean for the links themselves but once these have gone live and people have watched them, to open a new thread to discuss. I know spoilers are new to the F1 gaming crowd but we can help each other out :classic_laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...