Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 News & Gameplay Previews

• Social Media & Community Team
18 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

can we not spoil the only new mode or :classic_laugh:

They won't be spoiling the whole story before launch 😉 

• Agree 1

Braking Point stuff coming in an hour, check your favourite content creator (well, favourite one that's not me ❤️) and they'll probably have a video up 🙂 

(Expect mild spoilers)

image.png

Posted (edited)

Some guys are streaming F1 2021 already it seems: Only breaking point allowed today, from Monday on they can stream every content they want - is that correct? Jeez someone hand me that press code 😛 

Edited by Schneehase
10 minutes ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

The game has 2020 F1 cars included in F1 2021? Albon in the Red Bull, Ricciardo in the Renault, Sainz in the McLaren, all cars have the old 2020 liveries.

Yup, the 2020 season cars are in Braking Point only. The story goes through the 2019 F2, 2020 F1 and 2021 F1 seasons.

35 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

China looks a lot better compared to F1 2020. Hope the track will be playable in Multiplayer and Time Trial as well!

Sausage Curb in the last corner is a nice addition. 

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Lippi1886 said:

Sausage Curb in the last corner is a nice addition. 

Strange, so codemasters reworked a track which is only in the story mode, but not in the F1 2021 game? (Edit: my false assumption based on IRL F1 appearently).

So can we hope then, that the tracks which are actually driveable in the F1 2021 game (outside story mode, which China is not appearently) have also had a curb rework?

Besides, what do you guys think about the graphical mix between CGI scenes (e.g. when Akkermann leaves his car after 1st GP) and the in game graphics scenes (Hamilton celebrating his win GP#1) which seem unchanged from F1 2020? Is it just me or does that somehow - hmmm - hardly fit togehter?

Edited by Schneehase
2 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Strange, so codemasters reworked a track which is only in the story mode, but not in the F1 2021 game?

China's in the game 😉 

Also, Braking Point would have been worked on way in advance of the 2021 calendar being confirmed, possibly before even F1 2020 came out. 

5 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

I can drive China in career mode, or in myteam mode, or in multiplayer, is that correct then?

Should be everywhere, yes.

Remember, it was never officially cancelled from the 2021 season, only postponed.

image.png

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Should be everywhere, yes.

Remember, it was never officially cancelled from the 2021 season, only postponed.

Ah thats cool 😄 it is one of my favourite tracks 👍 and I will easily trade it for less realism^^

2 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Ah thats cool 😄 it is one of my favourite tracks 👍 and I will easily trade it for less realism^^

It is a good track, fast and with a nice flow to it, you have to really master those opening turns or risk losing a lot of time. Certainly one of the top Tilke tracks. 

If only the scenery wasn't so boring my god, outside of the grandstand monstrosity, it has absolutely nothing to look at. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Strange, so codemasters reworked a track which is only in the story mode, but not in the F1 2021 game? So can we hope then, that the tracks which are actually driveable in the F1 2021 game (outside story mode, which China is not appearently) have also had a curb rework?

China definitely has been brought up to date, sausage curbs have been added to the last corner, as well as Turns 3/9/11/12 + some other small updates along with a major texture overhaul and better, more volumetric grass (probably something we can expect on all other track as well). It now accurately reflects how the track looked in the last race that took place there (2019 season).

Abu Dhabi: Based on the new videos, a sausage curb was correctly added to T17 and Exit of T20.

I'm not getting my hopes up that this has been done for all the other tracks as well but I think we may see some similarly minor updates here and there. They may only have capacity to update X number of tracks each year in this way.

Edited by CptBalloonhands
Posted (edited)

I'm impressed after watching the previews of Braking Point. The story seems to be very good. Why is this the "first" time we get a full fleshed F1 story mode? It looks like Formula 1 was made for story modes. Every time I play a racing game with story modes I never can relate to the story or the characters but this story mode seems to suck you in immediately. I wonder how this story works for people that don't know Formula 1.

Edited by BelgiumDude

I have to say and I may be in the minority of this but the character models are more lifelike than most AAA games that pushes them to uncanny Valley territory.

Braking Point's story has me hooked so far and I won't watch anymore till I get to play it to avoid spoilers.

1 minute ago, Sector4 said:

Yes, it's cheesy and stupid but it looks fun.

Like TOCA Race Driver 3 career mode on steroids. 

Still think TOCA 1 should have been the blueprint. Hamilton killed your father on track and now you're back for revenge. 

The socials would have gone mental. 

2 hours ago, GestirnZinker97 said:

The game has 2020 F1 cars included in F1 2021? Albon in the Red Bull, Ricciardo in the Renault, Sainz in the McLaren, all cars have the old 2020 liveries.

I'd guess only in Braking Point but we'll know soon enough.

Think I'll skip the Braking Point videos that came out today and wait till I can play it myself.

As you'll have seen from the preview clips, Devon Butler is an absolute troll and I love it. 😄 

Posted (edited)

Basically, the CGI cutscenes are technically impressive, but they open up such a large gap towards the non-driving scenes made with the game engine (e.g. podium celebrations) and suddenly those look pretty, pretty old. I have to agree with the cheesyness others have pointed out, but hey that is what you expect from a movie / story and it is nothing else, even if it is implemented in a game here. Also, a movie / story has zero replayability unless there are a lot of "sidequests" or alternative routes / endings to explore. Extend remarks for all older farts around here - anyone recall Wing Commander III 😛 ?

Even if breaking point was not my cup of tea, as long as it is an additional feeature to the game and nothing else has been cut for it, why not? If the CGI scenes are well received, maybe there is a slight chance that podium celebration quality is lifted up to that standard as well.

I am eager to see myteam mode and the like, and understand more setup / driving options, but it looks like EA / Codies have limited the content creators to show breaking point *only* for the time being, so lets wait for next week. For those who like to resist the story spoilers, that might turn out a hard task over the weekend 😄 

Edited by Schneehase