Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Grid Autosport First Impressions

I managed to play an early copy of the final game at a friends house. (PS3 version)

This topic is not about where or how he got the game but what my first impressions are.  When released i will continue playing the GAS on my PC. It's already preloaded

So far i have only tried : Touringcars CAT B in the custom cup.

If you create a custom cup you can have up to 5 events. 
Each event can have practice, qualify and up to 3 races per event. 
The track selection screen is much better than in grid 2, because now you can see the layout of each selected track.
The AI is pretty good. I started out on hard and was supprised i had to turn the difficulty down to medium in order to have a exciting race, but still being able to win it.
You really have the feeling that you're racing the oppenents and it's not always easy to do a clean overtake. 
The physics feel pretty good too, i still have to get used to corner speeds and braking points on tracks that were also in grid2.  
The cockpit views are a joke, i still have hope that the modding community on the PC will fix this.
I can not comment on the graphics, because i'm used playing PC titles and the difference with the previous gen PS3 is pretty big.

Overall this looks like a solid racer, which gonna be fun for a long time.

Back to racing GAS, if you have any questions feel free to ask. 

Wild speculation:

Sometimes if you pre-order something from Amazon (or another online retailer) they'll send it with enough time to ensure it arrives by release date (IIRC they used to guarantee you would have it on release date). In their efforts to do so some people have ordered something online to get it a couple of days before street date, because the post office kind of prides themselves on getting things to people fast and they don't know that something contained in the package *technically* hasn't been released yet.

It's *kind of* like when I ordered F1 2013 from Amazon's Canadian branch a few weeks ago. They estimated I'd have it by the 24th, I received it a week ago - 5 business days after ordering standard international. The post offices tend not to screw around with holding things anywhere.

EDIT: And kudos to Codies Birmingham for not actually region coding F1 2013. I'm enjoying playing with the Lotus 98T very much. :-D
Speedball said:
Wild speculation:

Sometimes if you pre-order something from Amazon (or another online retailer) they'll send it with enough time to ensure it arrives by release date (IIRC they used to guarantee you would have it on release date). In their efforts to do so some people have ordered something online to get it a couple of days before street date, because the post office kind of prides themselves on getting things to people fast and they don't know that something contained in the package *technically* hasn't been released yet.

It's *kind of* like when I ordered F1 2013 from Amazon's Canadian branch a few weeks ago. They estimated I'd have it by the 24th, I received it a week ago - 5 business days after ordering standard international. The post offices tend not to screw around with holding things anywhere.

EDIT: And kudos to Codies Birmingham for not actually region coding F1 2013. I'm enjoying playing with the Lotus 98T very much. :-D
LOL thats exactly why i ordered mine through #SimplyGames
Grid 2 came 2 days before launch date so i'm hoping for a similar result :-)
Thats result in delivery, not game quality haha