Jump to content Jump to content

Again, copy > paste tracks in the F1 2021

A few YouTubers post 15 minute videos showcasing (primarily) raw gameplay and all of a sudden people on a discussion forum think they’ve seen EVERYTHING that this game has to offer and settle on the conclusion that iT’lL bE tHe SaMe.

😂

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

Why, again, nothing has been changed on the tracks that are so old... Why codemasters why. 

EA will destroy this game to the end...

From what I have seen from the gameplay videos they did actually change a few stuff on the tracks, such as the corners in Bahrain and Silverstone, different sponsors and few touches on Spain and Belgium, and I thing they have made Australia's floor look more visual. Although we will not have the Australia and Spain changes, they at least did change a few stuff. And not to mention the game by the time is work in progress, so anything could change.

52 minutes ago, Neomo said:

Same bad tires, same no info steering wheel dash for every team. Same cutscenes/celebrations, comentary,etc…

You are partially right and wrong. While they probably will have the same steering wheel dash info for every team; the tyres system, cutscenes/celebrations and commentary has changed a litle bit. They have added a few more celebrations cutscenes, a few different lines from Jeff (especially for Safety Car ones), and the tyres work a bit different on this game.

3 minutes ago, DJNicks87 said:

A few YouTubers post 15 minute videos showcasing (primarily) raw gameplay and all of a sudden people on a discussion forum think they’ve seen EVERYTHING that this game has to offer and settle on the conclusion that iT’lL bE tHe SaMe.

😂

Yeah, ridiculous how people can be at some point.

Like, I actually didn't expect too much from this game besides Braking Point and a few others, but damn -- rear wing/floor damage, more simulation options, a better R&D menu and a better game menu in general... People should take a look at the videos again because for sure they have missed some features.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Eclipsium said:

From what I have seen from the gameplay videos they did actually change a few stuff on the tracks, such as the corners in Bahrain and Silverstone, different sponsors and few touches on Spain and Belgium, and I thing they have made Australia's floor look more visual. Although we will not have the Australia and Spain changes, they at least did change a few stuff. And not to mention the game by the time is work in progress, so anything could change.

You are partially right and wrong. While they probably will have the same steering wheel dash info for every team; the tyres system, cutscenes/celebrations and commentary has changed a litle bit. They have added a few more celebrations cutscenes, a few different lines from Jeff (especially for Safety Car ones), and the tyres work a bit different on this game.

Yeah, ridiculous how people can be at some point.

Like, I actually didn't expect too much from this game besides Braking Point and a few others, but damn -- rear wing/floor damage, more simulation options, a better R&D menu and a better game menu in general... People should take a look at the videos again because for sure they have missed some features.

Improving the sponsors is not a feat and improving the appearance of the asphalt also, they did not change NOTHING on the tracks. Curbs same bad for years and will be the same again ...

5 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

Every year people believe that something will change and it is the same for the premiere and it stays like that until the end

Equivalent videos last year of F1 2020 gave a good idea of changes from 2019 that were present in the released game and I see no reason not to expect the same this year. I'm not sure why you're choosing to be so negative.

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

Every year people believe that something will change and it is the same for the premiere and it stays like that until the end

For the past 3 or 4 years, the Codemasters F1 games have been improving year on year. Like any yearly release, the general foundation will remain broadly the same but new features/upgrades etc are added each year.

From what little we’ve seen of F1 2021 from the videos released earlier, this year looks like another forward step with the updates to the damage/handling and tyre models, not to mention the graphical improvements that will naturally come, especially on the newer generation of consoles and PC’s with RTX capabilities.

Referring to track updates, there’s been some virus floating around which has meant it’s been difficult for developers to travel and do all the work they would usually do, not sure if you’ve read about it on the news?

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

There has been stuff added, and this is not "I believe" -- a lot of new features were already added. Since 2019 the F1 games always improved massively and added a lot of features every year. I'd recommend you take a look again at the gameplay videos so you can get yourself informed. 🙂

Just now, AndRe5550148 said:

Improving the sponsors is not a feat and improving the appearance of the asphalt also, they did not change NOTHING on the tracks. Curbs same bad for years and will be the same again ...

While yes, there has not been any major changes on the tracks (and again, it is still work in progress so everything can change), it does not truly affect you as much. Curbs did actually change a bit, especially at Bahrain, and the tracks doesn't have to be necessary perfect. Yes, some tracks are outdated, but keep in mind that Codemasters has to focus into more important things such as the main new features, the post-launch patches (F2 2021, the new tracks and etc) and more. And yeah I admit the tracks are not the best, but I think Codemasters are already aware of this as it has been told by people multiple times about this.

Again, this is work in progress, so we can't already make conclusions on what the game is gonna be. I don't think it's fair to have an opinion before the game's release, and especially if you didn't try it. They also have the difficulty of the limitations due to what has happened to the world (I guess you already know what I'm talking about), so actually, they have done a very good job.

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, Eclipsium said:

Zostały dodane rzeczy i to nie jest "wierzę" - wiele nowych funkcji zostało już dodanych. Od 2019 gry F1 zawsze znacznie się poprawiały i co roku dodawały wiele funkcji. Polecam ponownie rzucić okiem na filmy z rozgrywki, aby uzyskać informacje. 🙂

Chociaż tak, nie było żadnych większych zmian na torach (i znowu, wciąż trwają prace, więc wszystko może się zmienić), nie ma to tak dużego wpływu na ciebie. Krawężniki trochę się zmieniły, zwłaszcza w Bahrajnie, a tory nie muszą być koniecznie doskonałe. Tak, niektóre utwory są przestarzałe, ale pamiętaj, że Codemasters musi skupić się na ważniejszych rzeczach, takich jak główne nowe funkcje, poprawki popremierowe (F2 2021, nowe utwory itp.) i nie tylko. I tak, przyznaję, że utwory nie są najlepsze, ale myślę, że Codemasters jest już tego świadomy, ponieważ ludzie wielokrotnie o tym mówili.

Ponownie, prace w toku są w toku, więc nie możemy już wyciągać wniosków na temat tego, jaka będzie gra. Uważam, że nie jest uczciwe wydawanie opinii przed premierą gry, a zwłaszcza jeśli jej nie wypróbowałeś. Mają też trudności z ograniczeniami wynikającymi z tego, co stało się ze światem (chyba już wiesz, o czym mówię), więc właściwie wykonali bardzo dobrą robotę.

The track in Bahrain has been the same since 2016, in 2015 he had more details than the later so don't tell me they're doing anything. We are writing about the tracks, not what they did to the others.

9 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

The tyre model is one thing that has been specifically changed in F1 2021.

I ment visually.Is it really problem in 2021 to do it correctly? I mean fresh compound should be shiny and after few corners should be completely matte.The whole visual degradation is very poor and i speak only about visual 😄

11 hours ago, Neomo said:

Same bad tires, same no info steering wheel dash for every team. Same cutscenes/celebrations, comentary,etc…

Ehm, it’s work in PROGRESS, wait till 1 day before the release, that will be the OFFICIAL GAME

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Neomo said:

I ment visually.Is it really problem in 2021 to do it correctly? I mean fresh compound should be shiny and after few corners should be completely matte.The whole visual degradation is very poor and i speak only about visual 😄

Personally I think performance is HUGELY more important than visuals. What you're describing would only affect a few seconds of play after a pit stop and seems pretty trivial to me. A more interesting visual change would be some visual indication of serious wear late on in a stint actually but something like the big changes to the damage system seem like a much more significant change for Codemasters to have worked on.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
51 minutes ago, Gekkebelg12 said:

Ehm, it’s work in PROGRESS, wait till 1 day before the release, that will be the OFFICIAL GAME

Ha you really believe they change some of these thing? After all these years i didnt see any significant differce between early videos and final release

Honestly, it’s a bit shocking that majority of track in F1 2020 still use the same run off areas or build as the past f1 games. At least they removed critical parts, like the bump at the exit of the chicane at Suzuka. But it is shocking that the licensed f1 game does not have tracks that are correctly modeled to those in real life in terms of aesthetics. Really hope that F1 2021 is the start of improvement in this aspect. At least, we are getting closer to a realistic simulator experience after seeing all the videos released by the content creators. 

Now, who dares to still dive bomb me at the start of a race when simulation damage is turned on? 😛 Anyone want major damage to their cars? 

21 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

of course I'm not buying it for 70 € I will wait for a discount and for new tracks;)

Then you're still encouraging their behaviour... Codemasters don't care when you buy it or for how much, they just see any sale as validation of their approach to the franchise.