Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Multiplayer Damage Model

@BarryBLi really like the new damage model so well done BUT i dont have any trust in it being great for multiplayer league racing, is there any chance of an setting so you can switch back to the f1 2021 full damage setting model so only your front wing can get damaged? More league racers dont have any trust in the damage model being great for online on f1 2021 including myself

Rather than switching back the damage system I would prefer customizing it. Example: have floor damage and front wing damage, but no suspension or rear wing damage.

I am not sure if this is already a feature but if it won't be then just choose low or get used to it. It won't be a problem in league races but maybe it would be in unranked public lobbies. We'll see how  that turns out though.

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Won't rear wing damage be good for multiplayer as it will disuade brake checking? 

We'll see how it played out in ranked, it's going to be funny for sure! I've only been brake checked once and boy was it infuriating, but opening up more areas of the your car for damage could backfire bady in ranked. At that the moment you can typically race out a yellow-orange level damage to your front wing, I don't knowhow this will work in combination with rear wing and sidepod damage. 

14 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

We'll see how it played out in ranked, it's going to be funny for sure! I've only been brake checked once and boy was it infuriating, but opening up more areas of the your car for damage could backfire bady in ranked. At that the moment you can typically race out a yellow-orange level damage to your front wing, I don't knowhow this will work in combination with rear wing and sidepod damage. 

I think it was Aarava's video that showed a significant detriment from floor damage, which could make the impact of being barged off the track worse actually.

1 hour ago, KulishS said:

Not rear wing but rather floor or diffuser. 

Don't quite follow you? Do you mean that damage to these two areas will help reduce brake checking, or something else?

3 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

Well if people are going to hit you behind it's going to bad for them as they get front wing damage surely

Yup, and that's all that happens currently (depending how hard they hit you like I've been missiled over a chicane a time or two on purpose thanks to these idiots)

Now they can cause damage to YOU while doing it, should be as irritating as it sounds. 

It sounds promising. If contact result in damage from all directions, it should increase the effort to avoid contact.
The argument can always be made that idiots will have more ways to ruin my race. But it also reduces the ways for them to do it, without ruining their own race. Its a no contact sport, and hopefully bad behavior leads to a impactful SR reduction.
And for league racing, it all comes down to the rules and stewarding standard of each individual league. Like before. 
I can’t see how less damage would result in cleaner racing.

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

It’s going to be horrible online. The amount times you are tap from behind by someone braking too late will brake your rear wing

but it will also influence others. Maybe some people will drive much more carefully.

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Don't quite follow you? Do you mean that damage to these two areas will help reduce brake checking, or something else?

Brake testing should never cause rear wing damage, but rather it can break the floor or the diffuser.

• Like 1
On 6/4/2021 at 4:22 PM, BoquinhaSK said:

Safety rating "S" in ranked and you will be safe.

nope - front wing damage to easy - and unfortunately empty lobbies ! 

Empty lobbies equal safe - then you are correct

• 2 weeks later...