Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Want DiRT Rally To Be On Next-Gen Consoles?

I know that a lot of people have DiRT Rally on their PC but Codemasters said that if there was enough demand they would put it on consoles.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6377/dirt-rally-for-consoles/p1
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6161/please-release-dirt-rally-on-ps4/p1

The search function is your friend.

It either comes out on consoles or it doesn't wait and see ......
every 3rd comment on FB is already the question to bring it out on PS4/XBox One

Justbiglee picked "I play on PC but would still like to see DiRT Rally on Next-Gen Consoles", I might remember that in the gossip thread when needed

How about the:

"I play on PC but i dont want to see Dirt rally in consoles"

......to understand consol users how you feel when you miss a real  good racing game for your platform as PC users miss games like Gran Turismo ,  Forza Motorsport - Horizon , Drive club ..

Am i too bad..? :D :s >:)

\

Wait for the EA to be done and optimised for consoles later on. I still recommend building a PC for less peasantry experience. : 3

The options are a little ambiguous. I play on PC and won't buy it on a console, so I don't really mind either way whether it is or isn't on them. I've come round to the idea that it would be good, as there's certainly demand and it might make the board realise that not everything on a console needs to be dumbed down. The other possible benefit, as alluded to above, is more time to develop content during the console porting time that could be released as DLC for the PC version.

I don't see why not. After all the purpose of this game is to give an authentic rally experience to as many people as possible so releasing on consoles makes sense.

Imo it is very playable with a controller so a steering wheel isn't mandatory in order to enjoy the game. I play with a Xbox 360 controller in chase cam and still manage to do pretty decent runs. It takes time to get used to, but got there eventually.

How about the:

"I play on PC but i dont want to see Dirt rally in consoles"

......to understand consol users how you feel when you miss a real  good racing game for your platform as PC users miss games like Gran Turismo ,  Forza Motorsport - Horizon , Drive club ..

Am i too bad..? :D :s >:)

\

Your not really missing anything in Gran Turismo.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6377/dirt-rally-for-consoles/p1
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6161/please-release-dirt-rally-on-ps4/p1

The search function is your friend.

I wanted to make a poll for it with different options. This is different then the others. Just pick an answer and have fun with it.

I wanted to make a poll for it with different options. This is different then the others. Just pick an answer and have fun with it.
Different "options", same idea. This thread is just a copy of every other console thread. I don't see anything different, at least.

Oh well, I'm not an admin. Just gave you some pointers. ;)

Different "options", same idea. This thread is just a copy of every other console thread. I don't see anything different, at least.

Oh well, I'm not an admin. Just gave you some pointers. ;)
You might not, but the specifics of the poll options are actually quite intriguing for the sake of insight into other users understanding (or lack there of) about what it would take for the DiRT Rally trend to continue, if that's even possible.

I want to see the game get the widest reach possible, and be successful enough to have lots of additional content made for it, and lead to a long line of authentic rally games.

Malyngo said:
This is the sort of thread that all the 'PC Master Race' d1ckheads make themselves known. 
This has nothing to do with being a "PC Master Race d***head".
I just don't care if the game is on consoles or not, because I will never have one. Just being honest here.

I could check the "love for everyone" answer, but where is the frelling point? I just don't care.
Same here, I simply don't care if it comes to consoles or not.

Dytut said:
Malyngo said:
This is the sort of thread that all the 'PC Master Race' d1ckheads make themselves known. 
This has nothing to do with being a "PC Master Race d***head".
I just don't care if the game is on consoles or not, because I will never have one. Just being honest here.

I could check the "love for everyone" answer, but where is the frelling point? I just don't care.
Same here, I simply don't care if it comes to consoles or not.
Yup, same with me too. I don't mind if it comes to consoles, but I also don't really care, as long as the console versions don't affect the PC version in any way. In fact, it would actually be kinda cool, if we had cross-platform multiplayer :D

I only voted that I don't care about consoles because I don't have a wheel that works on my Xbox One.. 

However if it's worth the dev time I'm all for it. That's something that Codies will have to do the math on.. Actual simulation games haven't always performed well on console.

For me Dirt Rally is a true Rallying Sim.  Simulations have to be played on PCs; Arcade stuff is more for the Console Players.(with Exception of Grand Turismo and one or two similar racers)
 Just my personal meaning. No offénce here.

I voted only for PC, cause this is a fascinating Sim in its early stages with so much potential and I hope that Codemasters puts all their efforts to get all the potential out of the PC version , rather then bundling capacities for converting the Sim for consoles.

i play on pc only but i want it on consoles so the game succeeds financially and makes the whole project better known.

on pc rally will remain mainly a niche sector which for us diehards it doesn't matter we here :p but for so many other reasons consoles bring in the media and real umph which would propel this game.

i honestly don't see them not putting it on consoles. the money earned and media alone is almost a yes before even thinking about it.its the best rally game for years on any platform but you limit it to only pc :o

i am a pc only nerd and i find that quite frankly not a good idea. to leave only on pc.

i don't mind it being on multiple platforms if it brings new players new friends and rally nuts here and keeps our game flourishing and all the hard working devs in jobs.maybe we would get even better content added on the pc version then also.

also media wise for people who stream and who record on youtube it also helps with the wider audience.no content will give a bigger lift to this game on the whole than console release.

people may fear about it holding back pc but....it shouldn't as pc is priority and porting it over doesn't have to be done until the game is fully released on pc anyway. it also doesn't take as long as people think.maybe a couple of months tops.