Jump to content Jump to content

why does ferrari not have mission winnow?

3 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

It does seem odd to me that a fully licensed game like Gran Turismo allows you apply any livry, sponsor decal, anything you really want at all to any licensed car in the game and take it online for the world to see your hello kitty themed BMW M5. 

Yet F1 we can't even add a fictional sponsor to a blank space. 

Honestly don't get why it's so tightly controlled like this, do they really protect anything in this way? 

Braking Point will be quite interesting as it's going to cover multiple season, 2019 F2, 2020 and 2021 F1, the cars will have to reflect their liveries and sponsors from these years then? 

2 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

It does seem odd to me that a fully licensed game like Gran Turismo allows you apply any livry, sponsor decal, anything you really want at all to any licensed car in the game and take it online for the world to see your hello kitty themed BMW M5. 

Honestly don't get why it's so tightly controlled like this, do they really protect anything in this way? 

well with the BMW you just have to get permission from one owner and seeing their cars are used in a whole host of games like forza and GT it's easy whereas with f1 you have the cars whit a good many sponsors all have different agendas with how they like there logo being used. you also have to deal with F1 as a whole. and for this reason of liveries is why Toyota or Mitsubishi can't fully remember stopped allowin their cars to be in games like forza horizon

4 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

well with the BMW you just have to get permission from one owner and seeing their cars are used in a whole host of games like forza and GT it's easy whereas with f1 you have the cars whit a good many sponsors all have different agendas with how they like there logo being used. you also have to deal with F1 as a whole. and for this reason of liveries is why Toyota or Mitsubishi can't fully remember stopped allowin their cars to be in games like forza horizon

The counter argument would be MotoGP allows customisation to a very similiar level to GTS, but perhaps their brand and companies involved aren't in such a strong position where locking out these kind of things is viable. 

At the very least I do hope for some more tools to come to MyTeam / Multiplayer livery design. Rather than just a handful of specific spots, to be able to go nuts with the colours, design and sizing of premade (if it has to be that way) sponsor designs would be a big step up. Including on suits and helmets as well. Those are still bugged now tbh. 

• Agree 1
26 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

The counter argument would be MotoGP allows customisation to a very similiar level to GTS, but perhaps their brand and companies involved aren't in such a strong position where locking out these kind of things is viable. 

At the very least I do hope for some more tools to come to MyTeam / Multiplayer livery design. Rather than just a handful of specific spots, to be able to go nuts with the colours, design and sizing of premade (if it has to be that way) sponsor designs would be a big step up. Including on suits and helmets as well. Those are still bugged now tbh. 

One possibility is that, they would lose an opportunity to monetize if players could freely create liveries to the level of games like Forza or GTS, not to mention creating that system probably requires more sophisticated programming which might be a lot of work but with very little reward from the developer perspective. 

• Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

Licensing is a very complicated process of trying to get hundreds of brands to agree on things. Also "company X does it, so why can't company Y?" can simply be answered by each brand and developer/publisher having unique relationships and requirements.

For a little insight into this, here's a blog post:

Side-note, it's not just teams and drivers that require licensor approval, everything that is owned by an external entity requires such things, even individual buildings in famous cities (look up the credits for GRID on that one).

Our Licensing team are heroes for navigating such complicated things for every game 🙂 

The motor(sports) industry is way bigger than the videogame industry; they call the shots 😉 

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Licensing is a very complicated process of trying to get hundreds of brands to agree on things. 

For a little insight into this, here's a blog post:

No, I understand, It's just frustrating, and seems backwards. Do they not want to be shown in a video game? I understand they want control over their image but man, it's so counter productive for something that benefits THEM. 

I remember discussions around giving the player the chance to have say customizable Alpinestar racing gloves, ala other games that cnan do this, and just unreal to me that Alpinestar would consider this something CM should pay them for? They don't want the publicity? Bonkers. 

2 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Does Singha have a non-alcoholic beer?  Am I imagining things/confusing it with real world F1 but weren't there Heineken sponsors on track walls in F12020 because of their 0 alcohol products?   Again, maybe I'm confusing my time spent in F1 2020 the game with watching real F1.   Maybe that's a sign I've turned too many laps in the game..  😄

I don't think there are Heineken adverts in F1 2020 but I have a vague recollection that there may have been in the beta version that YouTubers were playing this time last year? 

12 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I don't think there are Heineken adverts in F1 2020 but I have a vague recollection that there may have been in the beta version that YouTubers were playing this time last year? 

I can't remember if the game had Heineken boards, but one possibility is that he had mod installed (the realistic sponsors mod or something, I have them)

What I don’t get though. In FIFA if you play in English language all teams that have a bookmaker as jersey sponsor, have it on the jersey in the game as well. Why is a bookmaker allowed, but a name which no common person knows is tied to Marlboro isn’t?

35 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

I can't remember if the game had Heineken boards, but one possibility is that he had mod installed (the realistic sponsors mod or something, I have them)

I'm sure the strict rules on what can be shown re. preview builds would have prevented that. I may be misremembering, just something I have a vague recollection of. 

I've just checked some old videos. What I was remembering is that last years' preview build had the Heineken 'When you drink, never drive' advertising boards round at least Vietnam but these were removed in the released version. They didn't say Heineken on them but the association was presumably still judged to be reason enough to remove them despite the positive message.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You know, one could solve this in several ways. I cant fathom that Ferrari themselves want as little sponsor reference on their in game cars as possible. Why not have a green area, or green stripes, or whatever at the proper spot and this would be so much more immersive? Counts for McLaren als well, even having a white bar in that place would look better (or make LOVE not VELO^^).

5 hours ago, Schneehase said:

You know, one could solve this in several ways. I cant fathom that Ferrari themselves want as little sponsor reference on their in game cars as possible. Why not have a green area, or green stripes, or whatever at the proper spot and this would be so much more immersive? Counts for McLaren als well, even having a white bar in that place would look better (or make LOVE not VELO^^).

MW logo not on the Ferrari is more immersive than using green stripes as replacement, because that logo won't be on their car on every track anyways. And, tbh, using random stripes would make an already ugly livery even worse LOL

37 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

because that logo won't be on their car on every track

I would not have a problem if the livery changed depending on the track - but noone will demand that much realism from the devs, will we?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Schneehase said:

I would not have a problem if the livery changed depending on the track - but noone will demand that much realism from the devs, will we?

Well, people have been demanding WAY more stuff than that LOL

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1
On 5/6/2021 at 10:09, DRTApophis said:

Bueno, la gente ha estado exigiendo  MUCHO más cosas que eso LOL

the game is too expensive if we compare it with other years, which justify the absurd price