Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Forums Now Open

CM_Schneehase

Hi all,

please help to keep the forums neat and tidy and try to find the *new* Codemasters F1 2021 forums here

https://forums.codemasters.com/forum/133-f1®-2021-game-forum/

before you continue to post about F1 2021 game here into the F1 2020 forums.

Thank you!

---Original Post---

Looking at the front page of the F1 2020 F1 Chat forums - turns out nearly all topics there are F1 2021 related.

Why not open that forum already, and will all threads from here which are not F1 2020 related being moved there later? If this goes on like the last days this forum drown in the version chaos. I would not mind when forums open up just after release announcements, you could channel stuff so much better that way. So, when will we have a F1 2021 (non-beta) forum? Hell, its about time (TM)... 

Thanks!

Edited by PJTierney
Added comment that F1 2021 forums are now live.
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

So, when? Only on release? Will the topics be moved? How was this solved in previous years?

It wasn’t! It was a mess last year with people posting about F12020 after release in the F12019 forum because they didn’t even know there was an F12020 forum, (myself included for the first couple of days).

would be such an easy one to solve...

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, kalamazoo123 said:

It wasn’t! It was a mess last year with people posting about F12020 after release in the F12019 forum because they didn’t even know there was an F12020 forum, (myself included for the first couple of days).

would be such an easy one to solve...

People still post 2020 stuff in the 2019 section so I mean.. 

Absolutely though, should have the forum up and running now in the run up to launch so everything is organised as neatly as poss. 

Agreed I posted a few times in f1 2019 by accident and it was only a manual search via internet that I actually found the link to 2020 forums, very strange that such a big firm like codemasters forgot to put proper links in(there again most things codemasters do can be strange lol).

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Still no 2021 forums? So many threads here that are all about 2021, wouldnt it help to keep topics where they really belong by opening 2021 forums now? Poor moderators who will have to move all these threads...

They probably won't get moved, going by the earliest posts in this section.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, steviejay69 said:

Pretty low priority to be fair. People do tend to post in the wrong section all year round.

Especially so, if there is no correct section 🙂

On 6/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, steviejay69 said:

I'm sure there will be a 2021 forum around the release date.

I d say this could easily be improved for future releases. Either, the new forum could be opened when the game is annouced, I d bet that would take a lot of work off the mods. Or, one could open a subforum for the new game when announced, in order to channel all threads there, which then could easily be moved to the correct forum later, without being scattered all over the place. I dont know about you guys, but I like my forums nice and tidy 😄 

On 6/17/2021 at 2:56 PM, BarryBL said:

From the BETA test also, opening a forum too early can cause some confusion and carnage. 

Guess you could easily prevent / avoid that with the solution above or with a few stickies during opening. Anyhow, have a nice day everyone 🙂

1 hour ago, Schneehase said:

Especially so, if there is no correct section 🙂

I d say this could easily be improved for future releases. Either, the new forum could be opened when the game is annouced, I d bet that would take a lot of work off the mods. Or, one could open a subforum for the new game when announced, in order to channel all threads there, which then could easily be moved to the correct forum later, without being scattered all over the place. I dont know about you guys, but I like my forums nice and tidy 😄 

Guess you could easily prevent / avoid that with the solution above or with a few stickies during opening. Anyhow, have a nice day everyone 🙂

A few stickies. If only the herds would read them....

The F1 2021 sub forum is open.

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

The F1 2021 sub forum is open.

Sounds awesome, though I spent like 5 minutes looking for and could not find it - is it still hidden or am I so focussed on staring at a racetrack that I cant read any more 😄 

As for the stickies comment, "I AM HERDIIIIIIING" 😛 😄

Edited by Schneehase

Just now, Schneehase said:

Sounds awesome, though I spent like 5 minutes looking for and could not find it - is it still hidden or am I so focussed on staring at a racetrack that I cant read any more 😄 

As for the stickies comment, "I AM HEARDIIIIIIING" 😛 😄

I was told it was live. I've been able to see it for some time, privilege / curse. Try logging out and back in?

Just now, steviejay69 said:

I was told it was live. I've been able to see it for some time, privilege / curse. Try logging out and back in?

Cant see a glimpse of it - could be useful you guys add a test user without privileges so you can actually check things. And as we are talking, the dropdown codemasters menu in the upper left corner of the forums has broken links ever since your last forum update - i pointed that out but either noone saw it, or it was not important to be fixed (you want ppl to find your website, and store, though?).

So, is that a subforum to 2020 as of yet, or is it the real 2021 one under "F1 games" section?

1 minute ago, Schneehase said:

Cant see a glimpse of it - could be useful you guys add a test user without privileges so you can actually check things. And as we are talking, the dropdown codemasters menu in the upper left corner of the forums has broken links ever since your last forum update - i pointed that out but either noone saw it, or it was not important to be fixed (you want ppl to find your website, and store, though?).

So, is that a subforum to 2020 as of yet, or is it the real 2021 one under "F1 games" section?

Under F1 Games where you'd expect. I know the menu is broken, but my remit isn't the website. Everyone and his dog seems to know what's wrong, it's the easiest thing in the world to criticise, we just do what we can. I don't know who is responsible or what else they have on their plate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Everyone and his dog seems to know what's wrong

Thank you for the flowers, appreciated

I was told it was live

Just to be as blunt as the quote above 😄 (not my style though normally, just trying to be helpful): Better not pass on the hearsay 😛 

I know the menu is broken, but my remit isn't the website

Oh dont get an old white rabbit wrong, it was nothing personal, I just pointed it out when it seemed to me I had a staff members attention caused by a different subject. It is just for a company like Codemasters, what impression does that leave behind with everyone, if the forum menu is broken for months and nobody is responsible or cares for it? It is not that the money is short, i guess, given the recent EA buyout.

Edited by Schneehase

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Has anyone posted in it? This will probably be a fair guide of whether anyone can see it. (I can't.)

• PJTierney changed the title to F1 2021 Forums Now Open
  • Social Media & Community Team
On 7/10/2021 at 10:10 PM, Schneehase said:

Hi all,

please help to keep the forums neat and tidy and try to find the *new* Codemasters F1 2021 forums here

https://forums.codemasters.com/forum/133-f1®-2021-game-forum/

before you continue to post about F1 2021 game here into the F1 2020 forums.

Thank you!

Added your post to the original topic. Forum's open, now go play nice everyone ❤️ 

• Social Media & Community Team
1 minute ago, Schneehase said:

👍 thought i d cosplay CM for a bit, while everyone seemed away or busy over the weekend, hope it was ok 😄 

I'm sure Nelly Furtado approves 😄