Sign in to follow this  

GAS approaches. And I am mixed with excitement and anxiety.

Grid 2 for me, was a massive disappointment. I never even completed the game. It was crap with a wheel, and you had to drift to be fast.

Had I not come here, and seen vids and comments from the devs and such, I would have completely ignored GAS, not even given it a second look on the store shelf. I am bravely buying GAS day one. From what I've read/watched here, the game looks like it's going to be awesome. But I do fear that I'll be wasting my money a second time.

Tuesday, I'll find out if I made a mistake or not. Last chance for grid.

If it turns out to be a waste of money (what I dont think) look at it this way.
If your going to the pub or whatever you go to on saturday and get wasted you spend around the same amount of money or more.
On a night you dont remember the half of it back.   ;)

If your going to the pub or whatever you go to on saturday and get wasted you spend around the same amount of money or more.

Moar

Don't worry, the game lives up to it's expectations. 

Good track variation, physics and the AI is really challenging. 
Spending money on this game will not give you a headache the day after 
:D

I feel the same way :)

Launch day can't come soon enough now!

I'm 28 years old now and I've never been drunk lol. I don't find the point in drinking because as you said you don't remember half the time. Also, I dislike anything that alters my personality. So that's out lol.

Besides I just spent 200+ dollars yesterday on car parts, because I spent 3-400 a couple weeks ago, to buy wheel bearings, ball joints and new rotors/pads for my brakes, and the right front axle completely refused to come out of the hub. So I have to replace the entire thing, because I'm going to have to destroy the axle's end to get it out, if it will even come out. 

So I can't be wasting money on pointless alcohol anyway :P Could be worse I suppose, I could be paying someone else to do the work, and be well into the 1000's lol.

hola said:
I'm 28 years old now and I've never been drunk lol.
not sure if serious
Heck, I'm 45 and have never been drunk. Never saw the point in it plus I just don't care for alchohol.

Loore said:

don't think it can for any of us just been watching @Skid do the grandslam very interesting challenge

Bob422 said:
hola said:
not sure if serious
Heck, I'm 45 and have never been drunk. Never saw the point in it plus I just don't care for alchohol.
neither have I and i'm 36

hola said:
not sure if serious
Why wouldn't I be o.o

When I was a child, I was forced to take medication and it screwed me up. Weighed only 53 pounds (24.0404 Kilograms) at 11 years old. Because of that, I refuse to take or drink anything that alters my personality or mind. Excluding caffeine I guess :P I don't know why that would seem unreal?

Well, I'm 26 and I've never smoked or taken any drugs (except paracetamol, but eh).

... I don't drink either. I used to, but only during college. Kinda got boring after that ... and expensive.

KazzyMac said:
Well, I'm 26 and I've never smoked or taken any drugs (except paracetamol, but eh).

... I don't drink either. I used to, but only during college. Kinda got boring after that ... and expensive.
same here I take medication for blood pressure but like you aside from the odd pain killer I'm pretty much drug free too

If it is as good as Grid.. and they have managed to improve on that platform any.. then it will be aweswome. I liked the story line in Grid 2...but thats about it. Gameplay sucked and no cockpit view is a huge turn off for me. The game has to be imersive,and  believable

Loore said:

Well @loore be prepared for the complaint threads and people bitching about something. You know there's always people that will complain about something some of them right here on these forums .

Loore said:

Well @loore be prepared for the complaint threads and people bitching about something. You know there's always people that will complain about something some of them right here on these forums .
Yeah, will be plenty of trolls.  As long as Codemasters don't do like Eutechnyx, and ignore anything negative about the game and pretend it's fine and anyone negative is a troll we'll be alright :P

I'm sure I'll be here to complain about something at some point, since no game is perfect. lol

Complaints are fine as long as they're civil. Life would be boring if it just consisted of everyone telling me how great I was all the time. ^_^

Britpoint said:
Complaints are fine as long as they're civil. Life would be boring if it just consisted of everyone telling me how great I was all the time. ^_^
If I can be faster drifting than driving correctly, I'm not going to be civil o.o lol

Britpoint said:
If I can be faster drifting than driving correctly, I'm not going to be civil o.o lol
If you can drift faster than driving properly, I'll be the first to shout at Britpoint, you can't though :)

Loore said:
Britpoint said:
If you can drift faster than driving properly, I'll be the first to shout at Britpoint, you can't though :)
I shall see in less than 24 hours o.o

Loore said:

Yeah, will be plenty of trolls.  As long as Codemasters don't do like Eutechnyx, and ignore anything negative about the game and pretend it's fine and anyone negative is a troll we'll be alright :P

I'm sure I'll be here to complain about something at some point, since no game is perfect. lol

yeah I'm sure most of us will probably find something to complain about it's rare that a game is perfect. Based on what I've seen though the SP side looks close to being perfect but until the games in our hands we can't be 100% sure, until I see how the assists perform against the lowest Ai levels I can't be 100% suer how I'll handle it but based on observations the AI looks quite similar to the AI of the earlier F1 games F1 2010-12 and if this is the case then that's good

Loore said:
Britpoint said:
and I'm sure you will too :p

hola said:
not sure if serious
Why wouldn't I be o.o

When I was a child, I was forced to take medication and it screwed me up. Weighed only 53 pounds (24.0404 Kilograms) at 11 years old. Because of that, I refuse to take or drink anything that alters my personality or mind. Excluding caffeine I guess :P I don't know why that would seem unreal?
All I can say is that you have missed out <:-P

hola said:
not sure if serious
Why wouldn't I be o.o

All I can say is that you have missed out <:-P
Not at all. I fortunately don't require alcohol to have fun, and I generally have more fun than most, without the next morning repercussions. I actually feel sorry for people who can't enjoy themselves to the fullest without alcohol :/