Jump to content Jump to content

Driver Transfer Volatility Rate

Good Evening,

I have seen some F1 2021 initial footage and I'm very keen on the idea if adjusting cash, resource points and acclaim rates for careers. However, should be an option perhaps for driver transfer volaitity.

For example, if it's set to none, no transfers happen in entire 10 seasons. If low, barely any transfers (maybe 1 or 2 a season). Standard is standard (5 or 6) and high or advanced gives a lot of transfers (maybe up to 10 or 12). Don't understand why this can't be a possibility considering other aspects I just mentioned can be adjusted. This would hopefully please all parties - those who like the crazy transfers and those who prefer the more realistic or somewhat limited movements. I think how it was at the start of 2019 was really good before it was patched to be more realistic. It was kind ruined in my opinion after this, as well as the very limited movements in 2020.

Best,

AoiAsahina

21 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

It's already in the game. You can adjust how fast the AI accumulates acclaim. The faster the AI raise or lower their acclaim, the more they move around.

5C4CE8AE-C5AB-4C81-AD25-29E6CC09D314.gif

1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

Read it again. 

Ok I read it again and still don’t understand how acclaim affects driver transfers. Can you explain or provide a link to information that supports this? 

Posted (edited)

It's not really a definitive setting for how often they move though. The higher the acclaim, the more likely a better team will hire them sure but it doesn't really affect how many will actually take place.

There should be a setting like Aoi says that relates to how often they move.

Personally hoping there'll be options for how much cash you start the myteam mode with as well. Will be a bit annoyed paying out extra for the icon drivers and not actually being able to use them straight away.

Edited by Wynterdust
  • Agree 1
32 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

It's not really a definitive setting for how often they move though. The higher the acclaim, the more likely a better team will hire them sure but it doesn't really affect how many will actually take place.

There should be a setting like Aoi says that relates to how often they move.

Personally hoping there'll be options for how much cash you start the myteam mode with as well. Will be a bit annoyed paying out extra for the icon drivers and not actually being able to use them straight away.

The option should be at least something unlockable after completing certain challenges such as finishing a season or whatever. 

Posted (edited)

For more volatile and greater movements, should the team acclaim also be increased as well, or just the drivers?

What would happen if you were to decrease team but have drivers increased?

Best,

Edited by AoiAsahina

I do like the idea of drivers changing regularly as it's interesting to see the drivers in the overalls of another team but I do think there needs to be a balance on realism.

For example; Hamilton changing halfway through a dominant season to go to a middle of the road Ferrari because their acclaims are both high. Also, you don't want Samaia to be somehow in a front-running Merc in season 2. 

I do get a little tired of the same drivers at the front every year though. For example, Hamilton was in a Mercedes in the first and second season but Racing Point had a monster R&D program and for season 3, Hamilton moved there. Meaning he became a 9 time world champion and that it lost the surprising nature of an odd championship winner. 

For example, in F12019 career, Kvyat won in a Renault in season 4 or 5. The final champion of Season 10 was Hulkenberg in a Williams. 

F12020 didn't have that level of variety and sometimes it felt like the intrigue factor was less as it was like playing the same season again.

I agree that some people like it and some people don't so a slider akin to the others would be a reasonable fix.  People have also championed the ability to change drivers' teams themselves, which could easily be abused but has some interesting potential for story and content creator purposes. 

Posted (edited)

Just give the player a notification of driver changes, and have the player acknowledge whether to accept it or not.   In any other sports game you can control CPU/AI trades of players; so why not just give us the control to approve/deny it, or simply change the driver roster at will.  Very common practice in every other sports game with a franchise/season mode along with editing ratings as well.  If I see that F1 2021 is going to cause me to abandon career mode after career mode again because of driver transfers that make no sense again I may just throw in the towel on the series until it's fixed.   Give us the option to control all driver moves if we wanted, let the occur naturally according to the game's programming, but let the player override it if they want.  In Driver Career mode give us the option to pick a teammate.  I understand that it's not "realistic" that a driver joins a team and gets to decide who says/who goes, but at the end of the day this is a video game and it has a mode that should serve the player and make the player want to play through a 10 year career.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 2
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Just give the player a notification of driver changes, and have the player acknowledge whether to accept it or not.   In any other sports game you can control CPU/AI trades of players; so why not just give us the control to approve/deny it, or simply change the driver roster at will.  Very common practice in every other sports game with a franchise/season mode along with editing ratings as well.  If I see that F1 2021 is going to cause me to abandon career mode after career mode again because of driver transfers that make no sense again I may just throw in the towel on the series until it's fixed.   Give us the option to control all driver moves if we wanted, let the occur naturally according to the game's programming, but let the player override it if they want.  In Driver Career mode give us the option to pick a teammate.  I understand that it's not "realistic" that a driver joins a team and gets to decide who says/who goes, but at the end of the day this is a video game and it has a mode that should serve the player and make the player want to play through a 10 year career.

Or, unless they're willing (or allowed by FOM) to make team specific helmet (or non-team specific ones) for every driver, then even the most bonkers of driver transfer would still be believable 😜. It always break the immersion when you saw someone with a Redbull helmet driving for Ferrari or something else not related to RB for example. 

Edited by DRTApophis
11 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Or, unless they're willing (or allowed by FOM) to make team specific helmet (or non-team specific ones) for every driver, then even the most bonkers of driver transfer would still be believable 😜. It always break the immersion when you saw someone with a Redbull helmet driving for Ferrari or something else not related to RB for example. 

This is a very common functional request.  Different driver helmets for real-life drivers and changing liveries for teams (for example 10 different Ferrari designs that they change between seasons). I'm less keen on the second one as that sounds like a tricky business to get teams to consent to that but when you look at some PC Mods, there's some really good ideas for designs that you wish were included for console versions too.

I think it'd be an interesting idea for CM to contact the drivers and get them to put forward team-specific helmet designs. However, I think it would affect branding rights when you have drivers like Hamilton wearing a Red Bull helmet while Monster are his real-life thing. I suspect there'll be some issues there. 

I think the easiest way to do it would be to have more control over who goes where but that'd not fix your helmet issue as Alpha drivers would only ever be able to drive for that one team. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

This is a very common functional request.  Different driver helmets for real-life drivers and changing liveries for teams (for example 10 different Ferrari designs that they change between seasons). I'm less keen on the second one as that sounds like a tricky business to get teams to consent to that but when you look at some PC Mods, there's some really good ideas for designs that you wish were included for console versions too.

I think it'd be an interesting idea for CM to contact the drivers and get them to put forward team-specific helmet designs. However, I think it would affect branding rights when you have drivers like Hamilton wearing a Red Bull helmet while Monster are his real-life thing. I suspect there'll be some issues there. 

I think the easiest way to do it would be to have more control over who goes where but that'd not fix your helmet issue as Alpha drivers would only ever be able to drive for that one team. 

I would say if it's possible to give every driver a sponsor-less version of their own helmet and make them use it when they switched team it would be good enough. Seems like the Iconic drivers will be just like that. 

I've been using (or modding myself) helmet mods on PC to do just that, but I feel bad for the console players who can't have that freedom. 

Edited by DRTApophis
29 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

I would say if it's possible to give every driver a sponsor-less version of their own helmet and make them use it when they switched team it would be good enough. Seems like the Iconic drivers will be just like that. 

I've been using (or modding myself) helmet mods on PC to do just that, but I feel bad for the console players who can't have that freedom. 

exactly.  I don't see helmets or livery's as an issue with driver transfers.  While it is a bit annoying say if you created your team in My Team mode and your car is green and you hire Stroll and he comes over in a pink and white helmet, it's not a game breaker to me.   The fact that you see Stroll leave racing point in career mode and go back to Williams quite often is something I see as mode breaking though.  Seeing Max leaving Redbull for Ferrari or Racing Point in career/my team mode is also mode breaking to me more than a helmet.

However to resolve the helmet issue if that's what people really want just have them run their own helmets wherever they go like they do now, or create just a generic helmet for each team based on their color schemes of the livery and have transferred drivers wear that.   No branding/licensing issues with conflicting sponsors; helmets match the car livery.   I don't think its necessary, but that could be a solution.

First and foremost though; I think they need to give the player the full control of the career/my team modes when it comes to drivers/ratings.

• Agree 2
57 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

exactly.  I don't see helmets or livery's as an issue with driver transfers.  While it is a bit annoying say if you created your team in My Team mode and your car is green and you hire Stroll and he comes over in a pink and white helmet, it's not a game breaker to me.   The fact that you see Stroll leave racing point in career mode and go back to Williams quite often is something I see as mode breaking though.  Seeing Max leaving Redbull for Ferrari or Racing Point in career/my team mode is also mode breaking to me more than a helmet.

However to resolve the helmet issue if that's what people really want just have them run their own helmets wherever they go like they do now, or create just a generic helmet for each team based on their color schemes of the livery and have transferred drivers wear that.   No branding/licensing issues with conflicting sponsors; helmets match the car livery.   I don't think its necessary, but that could be a solution.

First and foremost though; I think they need to give the player the full control of the career/my team modes when it comes to drivers/ratings.

It's literally game breaking for me LOL, the first moment I found out Max is still wearing RBR helmet when he moved to Mercedes I was like hell no, the game is finished 🤢

And that's how I started modding the hell out of the game

• Agree 1

I'm the complete opposite. Generic helmets (like the Schumacher, Senna and Prost ones) really don't do it for me.  I'd much rather have him in his Red Bull helmet in a Mercedes than have him in a non-descript bland looking helmet that vaguely fits a Mercedes colour scheme.

If there was a way to get genuine looking helmets for every driver in the game corresponding to every team, (for example Schumacher's Alpha Tauri Helmet would be the Alpha logo on the side, mainly the green colour with the pattern on top and the German flag on the back) then i'm all in as that would be an amazing feature. However, that'll never be done for every driver as it's a waste of resource. So i'd rather he kept his Haas one as it looks like an actual helmet and not a bland paintjob (where it's blue on the sides, green on top and just yellow, black and red behind).

It would be good as an option for those on console, maybe. However, i'd be less inclined to play the game if it takes takes a step back graphically with generic helmets. 

11 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I'm the complete opposite. Generic helmets (like the Schumacher, Senna and Prost ones) really don't do it for me.  I'd much rather have him in his Red Bull helmet in a Mercedes than have him in a non-descript bland looking helmet that vaguely fits a Mercedes colour scheme.

If there was a way to get genuine looking helmets for every driver in the game corresponding to every team, (for example Schumacher's Alpha Tauri Helmet would be the Alpha logo on the side, mainly the green colour with the pattern on top and the German flag on the back) then i'm all in as that would be an amazing feature. However, that'll never be done for every driver as it's a waste of resource. So i'd rather he kept his Haas one as it looks like an actual helmet and not a bland paintjob (where it's blue on the sides, green on top and just yellow, black and red behind).

It would be good as an option for those on console, maybe. However, i'd be less inclined to play the game if it takes takes a step back graphically with generic helmets. 

That's why usually I just remove the team brandings and leave the personal sponsors on when I'm modding those helmets (someone already had done that in RaceDepartment and I used them as templates to do some adjustments). In most cases the result is fine, but the biggest issues are always the Reb Bull related ones, where when you remove the Redbull/Alphatauri brandings it left a huge void on the design and just look awkward. 

1 hour ago, DRTApophis said:

That's why usually I just remove the team brandings and leave the personal sponsors on when I'm modding those helmets (someone already had done that in RaceDepartment and I used them as templates to do some adjustments). In most cases the result is fine, but the biggest issues are always the Reb Bull related ones, where when you remove the Redbull/Alphatauri brandings it left a huge void on the design and just look awkward. 

I guess that's the beauty of playing on PC over console... Mods.   I guess it just doesn't bother me much because I'm not really one for watching back race replays to actually see the helmets in the different cars.  While driving my race I typically just see the back wings and front wings (in my mirrors) and the helmets aren't seen much.  I'm sure if I looked it it more closely it would bug me, but I've always just written that one off as I can't help that.  It's licensed probably, so unlikely to change. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

I guess that's the beauty of playing on PC over console... Mods.   I guess it just doesn't bother me much because I'm not really one for watching back race replays to actually see the helmets in the different cars.  While driving my race I typically just see the back wings and front wings (in my mirrors) and the helmets aren't seen much.  I'm sure if I looked it it more closely it would bug me, but I've always just written that one off as I can't help that.  It's licensed probably, so unlikely to change. 

Yea when you started modding you slowly becoming more and more urges to get deeper into things, I'm one of those who prefer mods that literally try to be like they were intended for the game. For example, if I wanted a fantasy car livery to replace one from a certain team, I would want a full package mod where it replaces every outfit, garage liveries, numbers, and even the logo in the showroom. If it's just a car livery it usually is a no-go for me personally 😬, or if it's too good to be miss I'll probably go mod the rest myself LOL.

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 1