Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

So Norris tried f1 2021 and he complained about traction

Posted (edited)

Does not codemasters receive feedback from f1 drivers?

He just complained that he was spinning in 5th gear and after that the put traction control on medium...

I guess f1 codemasters devs doesnt know that these cars have massive downforce and you can go almost full throttle after the exit of a turn? In f1 2019 you were spinning even going carefully with the throttle with 11-11 aero in 3th gear, they tried to fix it in f1 2020 which was more realistic about that but you still spin too easy.

Edited by Limon5
  • Agree 1
10 minutes ago, Limon5 said:

Does not codemasters receive feedback from f1 drivers?

He just complained that he was spinning in 5th gear and after that the put traction control on medium...

I guess f1 codemasters devs doesnt know that these cars have massive downforce and you can go almost full throttle after the exit of a turn? In f1 2019 you were spinning even going carefully with the throttle with 11-11 aero in 3th gear, they tried to fix it in f1 2020 which was more realistic about that but you still spin too easy.

Vettel said the same a while back and Hulkenberg apparently had to use traction control , I may be wrong but I think they make the car like this because people would complain that the game was too arcadey If it had more readily controllable traction and also if you go into settings and between  calibration , FFB and car settings you can almost eliminate these unwanted traits , it takes some time and lots of tweaking but in the end it can be almost eliminated , the lively back end can be tamed massively by getting the right settings for throttle linearity ......on my setup that happens to be 25 and means that with no traction control its almost the same as driving with FULL traction control on ......If I apply  full linearity the rear end is absolutely wild and very difficult to control at any throttle setting . My advice would be get tuning and make life easier.

As Formula 1 is all about who can make the best set ups that suits the driver on a specific  track then this is one of the only parts of the game that is actually like real life F1

• Agree 2