Jump to content Jump to content

I do think it'll be some misalignment with the performances at first as there always is.  People play the games for a week or two and then say things like "Ferrari Engine too powerful", "nerf this team", etc.  I think Aston may be highly rated as a hangover from Racing Point having a good season last time out. 

I think at the start, Williams will be the slowest car whereas Haas are in real life. That's guesswork though from WIP builds as the two Haas cars always seemed to be between 10th and 15th. They'll be at the back though.

At the front, I think Mercedes will still be seen as the fastest car. They were purely dominant on my F1 2020 but i'm expecting Red Bull to be closer, whereas in Real Life it contrasts between the two depending on the track they're racing.

The middle is where it'll be interesting and make for some exciting races.  

It'll probably be tier-levels when they've got the performances in order.

Top Tier - Merc and RB - Generally winning every race. Pretty much always podiums.

2nd Tier - Ferrari and McLaren - Occasional podiums. Solid Points 90% of races

3rd Tier - Alpine, Aston - Frequent points. Sometimes top 5 if races align well.

4th Tier - Alpha, Alfa - Very rare points. Alpha will get more than Alfa but generally behind the others.

5th Tier - Haas, Williams - Good luck getting points. 

Obviously there'll be some flex based on development and the late-real-season-start mode probably will have changes in performances. 

Yet for most of f1 2020 game the Ferrari engine is the best yet in 2020 in real life the engine was rubbish compared to Mercedes etc so cannot rely on codemasters to get it right anyway ( started a new my team mode last week and Ferrari engine listed as best and was same nearly 3 months ago too).

13 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I do think it'll be some misalignment with the performances at first as there always is.  People play the games for a week or two and then say things like "Ferrari Engine too powerful", "nerf this team", etc.  I think Aston may be highly rated as a hangover from Racing Point having a good season last time out. 

I think at the start, Williams will be the slowest car whereas Haas are in real life. That's guesswork though from WIP builds as the two Haas cars always seemed to be between 10th and 15th. They'll be at the back though.

At the front, I think Mercedes will still be seen as the fastest car. They were purely dominant on my F1 2020 but i'm expecting Red Bull to be closer, whereas in Real Life it contrasts between the two depending on the track they're racing.

The middle is where it'll be interesting and make for some exciting races.  

It'll probably be tier-levels when they've got the performances in order.

Top Tier - Merc and RB - Generally winning every race. Pretty much always podiums.

2nd Tier - Ferrari and McLaren - Occasional podiums. Solid Points 90% of races

3rd Tier - Alpine, Aston - Frequent points. Sometimes top 5 if races align well.

4th Tier - Alpha, Alfa - Very rare points. Alpha will get more than Alfa but generally behind the others.

5th Tier - Haas, Williams - Good luck getting points. 

Obviously there'll be some flex based on development and the late-real-season-start mode probably will have changes in performances. 

Agree with pretty much everything but I would put the 3rd and 4th tier on the same tier. Alfa would probably be behind all other 3 but as you saw Alpha has a pretty decent car and it seems Aston are getting a little better. Alpine not showing much right now but from other races they seem good to match Aston and Alpha so it will be really tight in that 3rd and 4th tier. 

10 hours ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Agree with pretty much everything but I would put the 3rd and 4th tier on the same tier. Alfa would probably be behind all other 3 but as you saw Alpha has a pretty decent car and it seems Aston are getting a little better. Alpine not showing much right now but from other races they seem good to match Aston and Alpha so it will be really tight in that 3rd and 4th tier. 

I completely agree. I think Alpha are slightly below Alpine and Aston in general performance with some track specific beneficiaries. I was going to put them in 3rd and leave Alfa in 4th all by itself but thought it'd look odd.

I just am not entirely sure whether Gasly is outperforming the car by getting such good results or if Tsunoda is underperforming massively. Probably a combination of the both. 

• Agree 1