Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Ive noticed that going over curbs punishes you. Does anyone else believe that going over the curbs and spinning you out everytime realistic?? Bc I dont. I see F1 racers pretty much jump them and keep going.

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Si1verStar37 said:

Ive noticed that going over curbs punishes you. Does anyone else believe that going over the curbs and spinning you out everytime realistic?? Bc I dont. I see F1 racers pretty much jump them and keep going.

Have you turned your FFB settings for curbs and off track effects to 0 (ZERO)

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

If this is related to beta, please discuss it on beta forum.

Is it the beta testers that only have access to that forum?

• 3 weeks later...

I think the curbs are supposed to punish you if you go over them too much or too badly.  It’s supposed to wear your CE more and if two of your wheels are off the ground then you naturally lose grip on the corner so are expected to spin. 
I’ve heard that it’s more prevalent in F1 2021 but I have had kerb spinny issues in F1 2020 (in particular that really annoying one in Hungary just before the chicane).  However, I wouldn’t say that was unrealistic, just greedy driving on my part. 

It has been admitted by Codemasters staff that their curbs are too flat in general. While you can certainly discuss car behaviour on / over curbs, the thing that is mostly wrong is curbs being too flat and thus too easy to run over in the game, not impacting / damaging the car enough. Besides, some curb types are missing completely (sausage curbs, or the new riffle outer curbs replacing them, e.g.).

It seems that for F1 2021 devs will adress this on the car behaviour side only, as Codemasters seems to have troubles to apply any changes to their existing tracks due to the way car / circuit interaction is implemented in this game series (obviously a design decision taken long ago). In the end this is walking a thin line, not to get a game that is too "arcade" of a driving feeling in the end - we will see upon release...

I think that someway was thinked too about the Multiplayer.. could be a Simple system that cause the intelligent Smart guys to not take too advantage compared agains t who tries always Racing clean.. could be One of the others thousands explanations about this.. ONLY my opinion