Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RallyCross Contact Rules

Hi,

I started playing the PvP yesterday, and I love it.

I just get frustrated by people pushing me off the road, now I know in RX contact is tollerated, and I understand the pushing and shoving in corners etc...
That doesn't bother me at all as most of the time its me getting in the way or just taking a corner to slow.

What frustrates me is passing someone on a straight line and they just slam in your side so you go off the track.
Thesy do this on purpose, it has happened a couple of time to me and it is frustrating. As it is not an accident, they just want you to go off track.

Now I have to say I don't know the official rallycross rules, and I can't seem to find anything on contact on the web.
So I was just wondering if you guys could enlighten me on the contact rules in this sport?
So at least I can be so kind to play it fair...

It just frustrates me when it is done on purpose...

Sorry for the rant :-)

Basically, RX runs on the same sporting regulations as all other racing, which technically prohibits contact. Now, there will always be some contact in RX, but you are not allowed to use 'push-to-pass', or make room where there are no room etc. Some gentle nudging to stress the driver ahead, is fine, but you cannot push the driver ahead out of the line, and then take the position.

Thanks for the information, and thanks for the video. It made alot clear, I watched the second semi final. And indeed it was a eventfull race. But no extreme pushing stuff like I have been experiencing. It is the answer I expected. Not all events are like this, its just sometimes one guy just ruins a whole event by a daft move... Will they be inmplementing a full event with heats etc...?

I did a few races and the experience was mixed. Some were clean, but the last two races I quit after being taken out early and on purpose.

YoMrWhite said:
I did a few races and the experience was mixed. Some were clean, but the last two races I quit after being taken out early and on purpose.
Same here. I've have very good close and clean races but I've had others where some guy decides to use me as a brake wall and knocks off the track.

YoMrWhite said:
Same here. I've have very good close and clean races but I've had others where some guy decides to use me as a brake wall and knocks off the track.
You talking about last night??

Shady Here.

Phorkz said:
YoMrWhite said:

Shady Here.
Hey Shady... Yea I am, I stared in pole got ahead of everyone went into the joker and someone hit me so hard I was pushed outside the map and got a 15 sec penalty. I still finished first but the penalty bumped me down to last. 

Phorkz said:
YoMrWhite said:

Shady Here.
Hey Shady... Yea I am, I stared in pole got ahead of everyone went into the joker and someone hit me so hard I was pushed outside the map and got a 15 sec penalty. I still finished first but the penalty bumped me down to last. 
Yeah, it is annoying. I know myself i have done it a few times by accident, but using people as brakes/turning walls is ridiculous.  Problem is, we are never going to solve the issue if running with randoms, every PVP racing game there is currently has this very same problem, some people are just stupid.

For the most part the races online have been Clean, I had one guy take me out from behind braking for the first corner but he ended up behind me after a 15 sec penalty.

I had it for about 6 times in about 50 events, the couple of other times it might have been a mistake from another player, I have made some mistakes too causing others to spin out. I guess these guys doing it on purpose are the guys that will get bored of this game the fastest, maybe if I give it a few more weeks these guys will have moved on. I just wasn't to sure about the contact rules, so at least that is clear to me now. Thanks.

LanderD said:

What frustrates me is passing someone on a straight line and they just slam in your side so you go off the track.
Thesy do this on purpose, it has happened a couple of time to me and it is frustrating. As it is not an accident, they just want you to go off track.

good point , same experience  here...
   I the stuarts are investigating you on cutting corners, there should be also a stuart judge for on purpose   
   ramming...
    maybe this can be technically solved in the Sim, that DR measures a specific g- force and when over the 
    limit you  get a penalty....

I love to have some contact during the race, but not heavy contact.

As you commented before, many times I just get rammed and fired out of the map. Those guys usually are ridiculous crashkids who drives pretty slow. But the first corner is always a problem with these people. It´s very fustrating.

A few races later I decided to leave them pass (at the start, if I can) and later I can catch up and dodge them easely.

So yes, I´d like to see some serious penalties (or even instant DQ´s) when someone rams another on pupose. It´s very easy to identify when this happens is not fair.

OzoreXS said:
I love to have some contact during the race, but not heavy contact.

As you commented before, many times I just get rammed and fired out of the map. Those guys usually are ridiculous crashkids who drives pretty slow. But the first corner is always a problem with these people. It´s very fustrating.

A few races later I decided to leave them pass (at the start, if I can) and later I can catch up and dodge them easely.

So yes, I´d like to see some serious penalties (or even instant DQ´s) when someone rams another on pupose. It´s very easy to identify when this happens is not fair.

I've been thinking about that strategy, too. First corner is... well, difficult. I tried to take the joker right away, but that doesn't work always. Got rammed there, too. So it's apparently either backing up or starting very very good...

I drive this game with bonnet cam, and maybe this is different in cockpitview, but you can not see who or what is next to you. They have this indicator showing you someone is behind you and on what side they are, and the less transparant the arrow the closer they are. If they could make this arrow also show you when someone is next to you, left or right and how far, maybe in situations like on Lydden Hill where you can (or should) easily be able to take the joker when you start on the left, sometimes the car in the middle wants to joker too and they just slams you off course cause they don't know you are there...just a slight idea that might prevent some unwanted hard contact in different situations...

I agree that coding this will be impossible, and it will just cause frustration if people get penalties for a mistake they made. I don't know if they can predict how hard a certain contact is going to be, but maybe they could just make the car that is getting hit hard transparent (this happens sometimes, is that becaus of lag?). So the guy trying to use you as a brake wall just flies through your car. But that would make it unrealistic, and that will put off alot of people, but still keep the small contact that is so much fun. But a option to apply this to a certain event could be helpfull, so you can choose. They could maybe also predict it if the de difference between car A and car B is above X Kmh the car causing the crash just flies through your car. Best option is probably just waiting until these guys get bored of the game, as they can't drive anyways, so the go and play another game...

I was about to win an event, on the last lap, and the guy behind just ruined me and speared me into the wall, just because I was better than him in that race.

Such is online gaming. Even on a game which is geared towards the hardcore fan, you still get absolute poison and idiocy when playing PvP. 
To all those people, I hope a squirrel barrels through your window to rip all of your toenails off. 

In some simple ass (me) words...

Ok, if theres a car "A" on a straight and is aproximating to another "B", and car A does not change direction (or aim B ), does not brake, keep full throtle, does nothing to evade crashing, and crash into B, is that on purpose? YES, of course. 

If "A" car is tracing the best trayectory in a turn (with no cars around) and suddenly "B" pushes A out of the track, YES, that was on purpose too. Even if not on purpose deserves penalty! that was a bad A maneoubre.

People needs to learn some race driving, respectful, fast, sharp, clean, ...

For everything else we have Showdown and wreckfest.

Remember: one thing is contacting (touching, pushing), another is crashing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, back in real world, I would not like those actions (if them were implemeted). Simple reason: steals your LIBERTY of doing whatever you want.

So im 50/50 really... dunno. I´ll keep reading you.

I'm sure I've done 150-200 races over the last two days, and I can count on one hand the number of rammers I've experienced.
There have been more drivers that in my mind drive way to aggressively, and seem unable to adjust driving style with other guys around.

That being said, I was also in a session with 7 loaned cars yesterday, so I picked one of my non-upgraded ones, and that was a blast. No ramming, no overly aggressive driving, fair, and very close.
Which got me thinking that there should be a way to "force" equal amounts of upgrades on all drivers.

After complaining about being taken out, I have to admit I did it myself, though not on purpose.

First lap at Lyddon, I accelerated out of the wide first corner and completely forgot that we didn't race on the full circuit. So of course I rammed the car in front quite heavily from behind. Whoever that guy in the Subaru was, I apologize.

It's all about your friends list.

I view public lobbies like they are Match.com.
I'm looking for those few people, out of the teeming masses available, that will actually give me an enjoyable experience.

My goal is to find people who race cleanly, and are near me in overall skill, and friend them.
Once I'm in private lobbies with those people, I'll find out who their friends are, and friend those people as well.
As those circles grow, I eventually end up with races that are as clean as possible, and as competitive as possible.