Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RallyCross Contact Rules

There are a couple new achievements for racing clean.
 - Mr. Smooth - Complete a Rallycross race without colliding with another car.
 - Mr. Steady - Complete a PVP Event with a Very Clean rating.
'Very Clean Rating'. Hmmm. Sounds promising!

I was bit unlucky with my first PVP event as I encountered some guys who mistaken RX with Destruction Derby...
I am usually as gentle as possible yet in few occasions I crashed someone else not by purpose but by my driving error. (Please, accept my apologies)
One way or other, I think 'kick vote' is just enough and we do not need some fancy penalization system.

This is also a reason why a text chat between heats could be useful, to say sorry if you misjudged.

I still wish somebody would actually USE their driver ranking systems for matchmaking.

DiRT 2 tracked the cleanliness of your racing, and told everyone how good you were with a colored dot.
It didn't allow lobby hosts to exclude people with ratings below green though.

DiRT 3 added another tier of ranking, but still wouldn't let you filter out the bashers.
Shift 1 had 101 levels of division, and still wouldn't let you set a minimum entry requirement for your lobby.

This probably should be a new tread, but I just played to two guys on Lydden Hill, who first of all played it very agressivly, but thats not what I want to talk about. On the last turn of the full track, you go right into the last dirt bend before the finish. These guys, two friends, chatting away the whole race, take the turn but then cross the grass to the paralel asphalt road so they don't need to take that hard last bend that will flip you over or spin you out if you cut him... they do this without having any time penalty and obviously put down a much better time. Any of you ever saw someone do this?

I can't recall their names one I think was Sowaai or something, they just kept on chatting an laughing. After the Lydden hill incident with the exploit they use, and pushing me off the track, I got them back on Hell, first they pushed me into the crowd when i was taking the joker, 15 second penalty. Still managed to win, and set e better time then them.. I heard them say they didn't believe my fast lap was so much faster, and then one said i've cut a corner becaus I had a penalty and that was why my fastest lap was so much faster then theirs... Lucky for them my mic was not plugged in, becaus I was about to use some bad french words...

Theres one funny thing I come observing the last days. The ramming people ragequit when hits you, but you can remain on track xD

..or ragequits after just 1 lap... (when you are like 20 seconds ahead)

I really hope this undesirable people just dissapear with time, and just reamins the real racers (actually there are A LOT of them)

bye

PS.: jeez... this weekend I was on a lobby with "Jl1". When you drive behind him (because youll be always  behind him) you notice the masterful skills that guy drops out... unbelievable, awesome, amazing...
- Perfect brake/accel timing
- Perfect line
- Perfect drift angle and grip

Now I can perfectly understand where those rally times come from. jesus fucking christ

They seemed to use every trick in the book to get ahead of someone, I don't know maybe they just think the way they drive Lydden Hill is the right way. I had some fun after the frustration was gone, I just let them get ahead of me at the start, they would crash or go wide in the first turn almost every time giving me the chance to get ahead. Maybe they are used to playing mario cart or other less serious "racing" games... I hope to meet them again and beat them again, but in a fair way... :-)