Sign in to follow this  

[BUG REPORT] Falling rain effects are still missing using SLI. Please fix this.

Hi,

this is unfortunately the third time I have to report this bug. It is still persistent in the latest version of DiRT Rally v0.7 and using the latest NVIDIA driver 355.60 WHQL

Description of the bug: falling rain effects are missing using SLI. This is always reproducible with any car on any track with rain enabled.

Specs: i7-5960X, TITAN X SLI, 32GB DDR4, Windows 7 x64 Professional (nothing overclocked)

Ingame settings: Ultra preset (advanced blending = off), 1920x1080 @60Hz, 8X MSAA (no mods or graphics tweaks)

Please fix this bug. Thank you.

Hi, is there please somebody who can tell me if this issue is going to be fixed? I also sent Codemasters a feedback e-mail about it on the 27th of august. I didn't expect a reply but some notification in this (third!) thread I made about this issue would be very welcome. Thanks!

You'll have to hope and wait that they fix this. I've also did a thread about how some effects are missing and a shadows bug when playing with the shaders on ultra low ever since this game was released and they didn't even replied to it even to this day. The bugs still remain in the game so far.

I guess these graphics bugs are low priority fixes and maybe they'll fix them just before the game goes gold and released.

If you're curious about my thread here it is: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5796/missing-effects-when-shader-detail-is-on-ultra-low-updated-dirt-rally

If you have Titan X's then why not disable SLI? It's not a fix, but if I can run the game on my 960 I can't believe you require two Titans.

I disable SLI for the moment, yes. I do not require both cards to play this game the way I want, however, I would like to be able to use the second card to reduce load and temps on the first card.

After some testing I have to correct myself: the missing rain effects SLI bug is still not fixed as I previously thought.

Example: Pant Mawr rain has NO falling rain effects, while Sweet Lamb does. Not sure why some are affected while other stages are not.

DeputyDiRT can you, or somebody else please tell me if this issue is still under investigation? It is still happening in v0.9 and I'd really like to see this fixed.

Thank you!