Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Features Trailer

Message added by PJTierney,

The screenshots for the upcoming F1 2021 video game look amazing but the key questions remain. Such as when will we get a trailer for Braking Point if we are going to get one at all but if they dont want to reveal much about it then i understand because they want that wow factor when people play the new game mode for the first time. Another burning question I have that no one is asking is whether we are going to get any information on the classic cars i mean is there anything new added in terms of classic cars? It seems that the classic cars has been put aside for this years game which is a shame. But i guess its understandable when you bring in new major game modes and building new tracks for the game. 

I do think we'll see a 'trailer' cos CM are obviously super proud of this thing, I expect some quite slick promo around launch time. 

But for me, I don't know mannnnn, I was really excited about it until I realised it's going to be a larger version of the F2 story from 2019 and man, mannnn. If it was something realistic and dramatic and involved some real world drivers, that would be one thing, but if it's this cartoon character insulting the player for 3 seasons until we finally get our revenge/victory/whatever then I gotta say I'm not interested at all, and it pains me to say it. 

They say they got good feedback on Devon Butler as an antagonist, I say really? Did you read it properly? Lol. 

Really hope this comes through and surprises me. 

• Agree 2

According to one of the videos I saw today on the Career modes we won't see any trailers or gameplay showings because they say they want us all to experience it at the same time. He had some details, written by professional writers and the CGI has been outsourced, it introduces two new characters, you play a young rookie and the other character is an experienced driver thinking about retirement but they hadn't told him about much else. 

Normally I do not like storymode in sports games at all,and usually I just play it when my "main" mode is exhausted (it would be the time now in f1 2020) but i have played the story modes in Madden,cannot remember which year it was I think 17 & 18,those were pretty cool 👌 

So this one here I do not really care,more important is that gameplay will be updated to the better.

4 hours ago, Sector4 said:

That's a real shame i know they want to put all focus on new modes and tracks but there are a section of us fans who really love the history of the sport and we would off loved to see the classic cars on next gen software. Fingers crossed they make a return in F1 2022. As for the story mode in sports games i love anything that give us fans an insight in the world of sports stars in a video game setting. I for one can not wait to see what Codies got in store for it and I am probably the small minority of fans but i really liked what EA brought to the table with the popular The Journey story mode and wish they brought that back. 

So big thumbs up to the upcoming Braking Point story mode. That is why i want to see just a tiny screenshot or anything to do with it because i want to see how good it is. Cant wait keep up the great work Codies. 

I don’t really think there would be a trailer, maybe when the game comes out we may get like a little trailer but I don’t think we’ll have a big one before the game comes out. Breaking point is an interesting take on the f1 games but a good one because the intro to 2019’s career mode was really enjoyable!

I do think that there'll be minimal previews for it as it builds up the 'excitement'. The air of mystery will get people talking about it which elevates the intrigue.  Subliminal marketing, and all that.

I think they want everyone to experience it at the same time on release (excluding the 3 day early deluxe version) so, if they did want to provide more information, we will just have one more 'preview' at most which won't reveal too many more details. 

I am expecting more previews as this is the big flagship feature to get people excited, I think we've read too much into the statement that they want players to experience it fresh (or however it was worded), I don't think this means to practically keep it a secret. 

It was inspired by FIFA's journey, I expect it to launch with similar fanfare that EA gave to that mode. 

I do think if there's something that they may have misunderstood it's the playerbase interest in the fictional characters from 2019, if there's absolutely no voice acting or interacting with anyone from F1 IRL I imagine this is going to be a big disappointment. 

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I do think if there's something that they may have misunderstood it's the playerbase interest in the fictional characters from 2019, if there's absolutely no voice acting or interacting with anyone from F1 IRL I imagine this is going to be a big disappointment. 

I'll give it a go but buy my personal lack of interest stems from it offering pretty much the complete opposite of one of the key appeals of sports games is to me: being unscripted. 

It's only meant to last something like 6 hours though I think, which even for a far from 'hardcore' player like myself is a tiny fraction of the total time I'm likely to spend on the game. (I've played around 200 hours on F1 2020.)

My personal bet is we'll see zero actual footage of this mode prior to launch but let's see. As soon as it's out there will be a full play-through on YouTube for anyone who wants to to see as well I expect, so this will only be a factor for people considering pre-ordering.

9 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I am expecting more previews as this is the big flagship feature to get people excited, I think we've read too much into the statement that they want players to experience it fresh (or however it was worded), I don't think this means to practically keep it a secret. 

It was inspired by FIFA's journey, I expect it to launch with similar fanfare that EA gave to that mode. 

I think it'll have SOME genuine F1 voice acting but I don't think it'll extend much further than the likes of Will Buxton, Alex Jacques, Crofty and Davidson.  I don't think people like Max, Lewis and Seb will be involved, if that is what you're asking?

I'm not completely against the concept of a story mode but I didn't like Devon and Weber in F12019 and Alex and Gareth from the first Journey (maybe because they seemed generic and bland) so I'm hoping for some more involved storylines that develop the characters to make them interesting and have genuine motivations. I know they got a professional story-writing team so expecting decent things and it'll be something different, at least. 

6 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I think it'll have SOME genuine F1 voice acting but I don't think it'll extend much further than the likes of Will Buxton, Alex Jacques, Crofty and Davidson.  I don't think people like Max, Lewis and Seb will be involved, if that is what you're asking?

I'm not completely against the concept of a story mode but I didn't like Devon and Weber in F12019 and Alex and Gareth from the first Journey (maybe because they seemed generic and bland) so I'm hoping for some more involved storylines that develop the characters to make them interesting and have genuine motivations. I know they got a professional story-writing team so expecting decent things and it'll be something different, at least. 

If it's the player vs Devon Butler for the F1 title in 2021 and no other F1 driver even speaks to the player I can't see this being received well. I hope thy've gone with something different and surprising, against myself I am genuinely interested in what they've done, but t's a minefield of things they could mess up here in their mistaken belief that people want 6 hours of the F2 intro from 2019. 

2 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

If it's the player vs Devon Butler for the F1 title in 2021 and no other F1 driver even speaks to the player I can't see this being received well. I hope thy've gone with something different and surprising, against myself I am genuinely interested in what they've done, but t's a minefield of things they could mess up here in their mistaken belief that people want 6 hours of the F2 intro from 2019. 

Well I think you're

• With an F2 team in 2019,
  • Racing Point / Alpha Tauri / Williams / Alfa Romeo / Haas in 2020
  • Aston Martin / Alpha Tauri / Williams / Alfa Romeo / Haas in 2021

No offence to any of those teams, but you're not going to be challenging for an F1 title. 

I guess;

• 2019 - F2 Title Battle
  • 2020 - Maybe Rookie of the Year storyline
  • 2021 - Battling for a contract at one of the bigger teams. 

It'll most likely be scenario based. Where you'll do a race then it'll skip 2-3 races, give you some objectives to pass at race 4. ("finish ahead of Devon at Austria") You pass those and then it jumps another 2-3 races and you get another objective ("recover from incident to finish on the podium").   I think the story will be okay, the cutscenes will look amazing but the general reaction will be divisive like marmite. 

• Agree 2
35 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Well I think you're

• With an F2 team in 2019,
  • Racing Point / Alpha Tauri / Williams / Alfa Romeo / Haas in 2020
  • Aston Martin / Alpha Tauri / Williams / Alfa Romeo / Haas in 2021

No offence to any of those teams, but you're not going to be challenging for an F1 title. 

I guess;

• 2019 - F2 Title Battle
  • 2020 - Maybe Rookie of the Year storyline
  • 2021 - Battling for a contract at one of the bigger teams. 

It'll most likely be scenario based. Where you'll do a race then it'll skip 2-3 races, give you some objectives to pass at race 4. ("finish ahead of Devon at Austria") You pass those and then it jumps another 2-3 races and you get another objective ("recover from incident to finish on the podium").   I think the story will be okay, the cutscenes will look amazing but the general reaction will be divisive like marmite. 

Personally I doubt I would even touch the mode unless it's the key to unlock some other contents like liveries in the game, hope it's more than just a glorified version of the F2 driver's career story in 2019 or else it will sure feels like a waste of resources that could've been use to make a better rear-wing damage model 🤪

Edited by DRTApophis
4 hours ago, Stxrm3347 said:

I don’t really think there would be a trailer, maybe when the game comes out we may get like a little trailer but I don’t think we’ll have a big one before the game comes out. Breaking point is an interesting take on the f1 games but a good one because the intro to 2019’s career mode was really enjoyable!

Be a Limp Bizkit ..."Take a look arounnnnnd".    https://youtu.be/mrJ8PddAMIw  Even I've seen this and I hate  this nonsense , this is what's commonly known as a trailer, its probably not the trailer that you want to see but its what you've got.

On 6/12/2021 at 2:31 PM, DRTApophis said:

Personally I doubt I would even touch the mode unless it's the key to unlock some other contents like liveries in the game, hope it's more than just a glorified version of the F2 driver's career story in 2019 or else it will sure feels like a waste of resources that could've been use to make a better rear-wing damage model 🤪

I didn't overly enjoy the 2019 story with Devon and Weber so my expectations were low for it in the first place but i'm slowly warming to the idea of it just being something different.  I'm hoping for a flexible story where decisions you make actually mean something and it's not just "do this task, watch this cutscene, answer this interview question, do next task, watch cutscene" and everyone just gets the same story.

I am happy to give it a go as there is no point writing it off before giving it a fair shake but I do worry it'll be a one-playthrough mode and then it sits there for 11 months. It took nearly two years to make apparently so it'll be a shame if it is just 6 hours of playthrough and never played again. 

• Agree 1

Strong rumours that there'll be a trailer tomorrow (16/06/2021) regarding Braking Point.  Of course, could just be rumours and we only see different features of the game but hopefully it'll be new information on the game regardless. 

• PJTierney changed the title to F1 2021 Features Trailer