Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

F1 2021 Features Trailer

Message added by PJTierney,

21 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Trailer's out now, enjoy 🙂 

Braking Point looks something more akin to 2K's NBA series in tone, perhaps rather than the Journey. I''d still like to see a little more of it but some interesting scenes highlighted in there. 

Lighting on tracks looks a little better, again, it's improved year on year though I did think 2020 was a little too on the dialled up brightness side. I wonder if a look at Konami's incredible real world lighting in their PES serious could assist going forward. Though it is incredible to look at 19/20 and then go back and play 17 for example! It's night and day different in quality.  

• Agree 1
20 minutes ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

The game looks nice but prices aren't nice.

Yeahhhh, not going to be able to get around that one. I get that it's an EA policy but a lot of big fans of the series are about to get a shock. There may well be review bombs on the back of it. 

• Agree 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
10 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Braking Point looks something more akin to 2K's NBA series in tone, perhaps rather than the Journey. I''d still like to see a little more of it but some interesting scenes highlighted in there. 

Lighting on tracks looks a little better, again, it's improved year on year though I did think 2020 was a little too on the dialled up brightness side. I wonder if a look at Konami's incredible real world lighting in their PES serious could assist going forward. Though it is incredible to look at 19/20 and then go back and play 17 for example! It's night and day different in quality.  

Konami's lighting tech is top-notch; I think it's all that's left of Fox Engine really. The tech director for the game engine left when Kojima did so it never really got developed further.

• Agree 3
46 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Braking Point looks something more akin to 2K's NBA series in tone, perhaps rather than the Journey.

Sorry but are u blind man? Braking point is paste of Journey from Fifa.Did u ever play NBA 2K career? U can create and face scan your player.Sign with real sneakers brands. In breaking point you will play as predefined driver exactly like Journey :D.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Neomo said:

Sorry but are u blind man? Braking point is paste of Journey from Fifa.Did u ever play NBA 2K career? U can create and face scan your player.Sign with real sneakers brands. In breaking point you will play as predefined driver exactly like Journey :D.

But they are working on this game for years, since 2019 to bo honest and the same team whos created the Devon Butler and Weber, are back for the Braking Point, stop assuming that they did it because of EA, when EA bought CodeMasters the game are almost in the final stage, i know some people complains about EA, but start making this accusations and affirmations at next year, this 2021 game it's all about Code and their hard work.

5 minutes ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

But they are working on this game for years, since 2019 to bo honest and the same team whos created the Devon Butler and Weber, are back for the Braking Point, stop assuming that they did it because of EA, when EA bought CodeMasters the game are almost in the final stage, i know some people complains about EA, but start making this accusations and affirmations at next year, this 2021 game it's all about Code and their hard work.

And point is? He said BP looks like 2K career and i said no it isnt it is just copy of  Journey. Do you want to disagree?

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Neomo said:

And point is? He said BP looks like 2K career and i said no it isnt it is just copy of  Journey. Do you want to disagree?

Ok, i got you point, for me it's a little of both tbh. 

But maybe you're assuming that they did "copy" the style from Journey since the EA bought CM. I dont know, maybe they got inspired from Journey and not just copy because of EA.

But, if they did, Journey was one of the best thing that EA have made for FIFA in years, and to me it's fine, it's a nice addition for the game, even if i will no be playing this mode. 

Just now, Neomo said:

Ok, for me 2k nba career is miles ahead but nwm. I just dont like to play like someone else in sports games 🙂

I know playing with your own character it's much better, perhaps they can make it like MotoGP, you can drive a licence Bike with you character on normal race mode or even on Time Trial mode, not just on career mode. 

1 hour ago, Neomo said:

You're talking about the actual career mode, I'm talking about the story that opens the mode up, and in the last couple you played as 'Che' and 'Junior' respectively with full backstory provided for you and limited ways to define your character outside of what was set in the storyline. Yes it leads into MyPlayer where you can customsise until your hearts content but I'm talking about the actual story part, as Braking Point doesn't lead into a career mode. 

As seen here some new information and gameplay:

And it does seem they're going for a cinematic, if realistic tone with their story, closer to 2K than the cartoon (enjoyable as it was for me) The journey. 

Like I said, I'm interested to see more, am a little more up for the mode now, not sure It's going to 100% bring me in but we'll see I guess. Butler will need a pretty substantial rewrite in terms of depth of the character for me but the stuff with your team outside of racing does seem very 2K like (think Idris Elba and that drama) and promising. 

1 minute ago, FTBuzzard said:

it doesn't look like the sponsors in myteam will be multicoloured this year. A bit of a shame, but okay.

I do hope there's some improvements in this area though, even the quality of life is pretty poor for the livery creator. Doesn't even save a group of colours for you to come back to. Full of bugs as well even now. 

36 minutes ago, Neomo said:

Ok, for me 2k nba career is miles ahead but nwm. I just dont like to play like someone else in sports games 🙂

At least, the codemasters character wont have a silly name like Frequency Vibrations, Che or Pres. 😄

1 minute ago, FTBuzzard said:

At least, the codemasters character wont have a silly name like Frequency Vibrations, Che or Pres. 😄

Ye thats nicknames is cringy but still...u can choose your name and look 🙂

1 minute ago, pspps1 said:

So... nothing new on more stuff on customizable schedule in Careers?

I think I'll pass this year, or at least I'll buy it when it will be on discount

You'll be able to get all the info. you want after launch so just make up your mind then.

Basically this game is a backward step from F1 2020 that costs twice the price.

You can't even start with the 2021 calendar!

All features are 90% the same, with some small tweaks here and there.

And, of course, the same old game engine.

I hope this is a transition year for the F1 game as it is for the real F1.

I expect a new engine for 2022.

2 minutes ago, Alon78 said:

Basically this game is a backward step from F1 2020 that costs twice the price.

In what sense is it a backwards step for you? 

The lack of classic cars and the loss of the Vietnam track (and possibly China) are the only clear negatives I can think of quickly. Whereas lots of things have been added, which may well not interest you but will others. 

• Agree 4

New damage model, new tyres model. 

I dont know if you guys saw it, but on Steam they add this "F1® 2021 delivers all these features with a stunning graphical uplift, better loading times, improved force feedback, and a much more detailed damage model."

For me, seeing a "Improved force feedback" it's the real deal, a really nice point to talk about. 

Yeah, the game costs twice the price, for some regions, and still bellow the real price, for example here in brazil the game cost 49$ USA = 249 BRL, but the game itself on steam costs 59$ USA = 298 BRL, it's twice the price for some regions but could be alot worse. 

The game cannot have a new engine, but to be honest almost of the people still using PS4/Xbox One, so they need to provide the same experience for both generations, i think for 2023 we can see a fully next gen game, and PS4/Xbox One left behind with a old Ego Engine. For now, i think better physics + ffb it's the goal. 

Edited by ParadoxAMG53

I'm never quite sure what people pushing for a new game engine are looking for exactly, when things like the handling model and graphics are being changed anyway?

That the game still runs on last gen. consoles also doesn't stop enhancements for current gen. machines. I'm personally most looking forward to the addition of a 1440p 120 Hz mode as an alternative to 4k 60 Hz.

It looks like Canada has been removed from the calendar and game I assume?   What a shame.  Last year all we head was "no changes to calendar/tracks because we are replicating the 2020 season and calendar"    Guess that gets thrown out the window this year... well; when it's convenient anyways such as not updating Australia and Spain.   I sure hope they leave Canada in so you can at least drive it in Grand Prix and Time Trial mode it was on the calendar up until a few weeks ago, so if we're following last years "logic" train then it should still be there; right? Can anyone at least confirm this?

First of all i am not here to bash this game like most. This is constructive criticism. I also fully acknowledge the massive steps forward codemasters have made in the past few years in the F1 gameing world.

Things lacking in F1 games for the past 5 years that make me skip buying once again in 2021.

(1) No VR support yet again. (no VR is not dead, as a matter a fact in E3 2021 a new set was shown named Valve Index VR Kit)

(2) No red flags. Very basic yet still not there, lack of immersion

(3) Where is the Aston Martin Safety car? If its been added and just not shown yet you can disregard this.

(4) No working cranes. This is a feature i been fighting for years and years. Still not giving up hope. Lack of immersion. Hate it when cars just disappear on their own. And yes this can be done. In fact there is an old F1 game not by Codemasters that had this feature. if it was done when technology and games were on its infancy i see no problem why it cannot be added now after so many advacements in tech.

(5) No team orders... specially during crucial moments.

(6) Damage model in 2021 is a lot more sensitive yet still very basic in the way parts break.

(7) No medical car when you have a big crash. Lack of immersion. Would like to be picked up if the crash light comes on and taken to the medical center.

(8) No manual formation lap. AI still takes over once you have reached the grid area. I would like to do my own burnt outs and stop in my spot myself.

(9) No basic telemetry to compare lap times and find out where you lack speed. Would be nice to know where on the track you need to improve. 

(10) Car set ups. Far too technical for new comers. Needs a more extensive and simple explenation on how each setting affects the car and in what way. Unless you are a veteran and know how to set up cars you are otherwise lost.  Gifted F1 2020 to a friend and novice in F1 games and the F1 world in general. Took me hours to explain how to do set ups.

(11) Silly unrealistic practice objectives should be refined. Like the track acclimatization objective. I dont know who tought it would be cool driving the car trough squares placed over the asphalt. It looks just wrong and Its also too easy. 

(12) Start lights. Predictable. You can count in seconds the exact moment lights go out on every track. Lights out sequence should be a lot more unpredictable just like in reality. 

(13) Pitstop mistakes. I want to sometimes see myself or AI have tyres put on wrong and other mistakes. And at times having the chance to fix tyres if you are still in the pit area by having your car rolled back by the crew just like in reality.

(14) Minor track changes for accuracy. Like Spa for example.

thank you for reading. Hope to someday see these features so i can once again buy and enjoy F1.

Edited by SennaNum1
  • Agree 1