Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Features Trailer

Message added by PJTierney,

25 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

It looks like Canada has been removed from the calendar and game I assume?   What a shame.  Last year all we head was "no changes to calendar/tracks because we are replicating the 2020 season and calendar"    Guess that gets thrown out the window this year... well; when it's convenient anyways such as not updating Australia and Spain.   I sure hope they leave Canada in so you can at least drive it in Grand Prix and Time Trial mode it was on the calendar up until a few weeks ago, so if we're following last years "logic" train then it should still be there; right? Can anyone at least confirm this?

They use the first official Calendar of the year, so Canadá still in the game, same for Singapore, all the tracks from the first official calendar are still in the final game, if in real like they change or add some track, like Turkey they will not add the track in the game. 

17 minutes ago, SennaNum1 said:

First of all i am not here to bash this game like most. This is constructive criticism. I also fully acknowledge the massive steps forward codemasters have made in the past few years in the F1 gameing world.

Things lacking in F1 games for the past 5 years that make me skip buying once again in 2021.

(1) No VR support yet again. (no VR is not dead, as a matter a fact in E3 2021 a new set was shown named Valve Index VR Kit)

(2) No red flags. Very basic yet still not there, lack of immersion

(3) Where is the Aston Martin Safety car? If its been added and just not shown yet you can disregard this.

(4) No working cranes. This is a feature i been fighting for years and years. Still not giving up hope. Lack of immersion. Hate it when cars just disappear on their own. And yes this can be done. In fact there is an old F1 game not by Codemasters that had this feature. if it was done when technology and games were on its infancy i see no problem why it cannot be added now after so many advacements in tech.

(5) No team orders... specially during crucial moments.

(6) Damage model in 2021 is a lot more sensitive yet still very basic in the way parts break.

(7) No medical car when you have a big crash. Lack of immersion. Would like to be picked up if the crash light comes on and taken to the medical center.

(8) No manual formation lap. AI still takes over once you have reached the grid area. I would like to do my own burnt outs and stop in my spot myself.

(9) No basic telemetry to compare lap times and find out where you lack speed. Would be nice to know where on the track you need to improve. 

(10) Car set ups. Far too technical for new comers. Needs a more extensive and simple explenation on how each setting affects the car and in what way. Unless you are a veteran and know how to set up cars you are otherwise lost.  Gifted F1 2020 to a friend and novice in F1 games and the F1 world in general. Took me hours to explain how to do set ups.

(11) Silly unrealistic practice objectives should be refined. Like the track acclimatization objective. I dont know who tought it would be cool driving the car trough squares placed over the asphalt. It looks just wrong and Its also too easy. 

(12) Start lights. Predictable. You can count in seconds the exact moment lights go out on every track. Lights out sequence should be a lot more unpredictable just like in reality. 

(13) Pitstop mistakes. I want to sometimes see myself or AI have tyres put on wrong and other mistakes. And at times having the chance to fix tyres if you are still in the pit area by having your car rolled back by the crew just like in reality.

thank you for reading. Hope to someday see these features so i can once again buy and enjoy F1.

A lot of real "sims" don't have 50% of the immersion that the Code have at the game.

Of course a lot of things is missing on F1 game. Let's talk about your countdown. About VR most of the players come from consoles, so basicly the VR market it's so small that they think it's no necessary (for now) to add at the game, but i agree with you, they have VR on Dirt, why not on F1, right? But like i said before, a small group of people uses VR. 
About Red Flags the idea is nice, but no necessary tbh, they add some emotion IRL but for a game, it's too much unnecessary. No medical car, well ACC a big Sim on the market dont even have a SafetyCar or a properly Yellow Flag system, on F1 you have a fully SafetyCar and VSC, with the positive Delta. I agree when you talk about "freedom" like in formation lap and on pit stops, 100% agree, they need this ASAP. About the Starting lights, i desagree, i dont know what difficulty you play, but for me, the Starting lights change a lot, even just on a simple restart. 

Well the game it's no perfect, but no one it's, a lot of Real drivers says that iRacing is far from real life, so, Code have the perfect balance between Sim and Arcade, and tbh with the new tyres model and improve FFB, they are on the sims path, that's my opinion. 

Dont take it personal, i think is to easy to come here and complain about Code works, but if you look at other Sims forum, they will be complain about something too. Have a nice day, hope they can add as much as possible from your wish list, the ideas will add more fun at the game for sure. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
32 minutes ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

They use the first official Calendar of the year, so Canadá still in the game, same for Singapore, all the tracks from the first official calendar are still in the final game, if in real like they change or add some track, like Turkey they will not add the track in the game. 

When they show the schedule in the video, Canada isn't on the calendar.   So I woudln't be so sure of that.

7 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

When they show the schedule in the video, Canada isn't on the calendar.   So I woudln't be so sure of that.

Yeah because it's the Real Season Start, you can't start the season on Canada since they dont race there this year.

The track will be at the game, dont worry, the new trailer has a lot of shots from Canada. 

Edited by ParadoxAMG53
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, petro1319 said:

It looks like Canada has been removed from the calendar and game I assume?

The best info we have us that Canada will be in the game I think, unless you can link to some specific info on this I may have missed?

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

The best info we have us that Canada will be in the game I think, unless you can link to some specific info on this I may have missed?

Watch the video... when the season calendar shots come up.   The information is right there as I've stated.  No need to link to it..

1 minute ago, petro1319 said:

Watch the video... when the season calendar shots come up.   The information is right there as I've stated.  No need to link to it..

@ParadoxAMG53 has answered that one for you. My phone actually hadn't updated to show their replies when I just posted for some reason.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, petro1319 said:

I've just had another look and you can't see the full race calendar in the video and it's also very unclear how it will work before the new tracks are added. 

I believe it was Tiametmarduk who posted info from Codemasters that the Canada track would be in the game by the way. I hope it is.

4 hours ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

A lot of real "sims" don't have 50% of the immersion that the Code have at the game.

Of course a lot of things is missing on F1 game. Let's talk about your countdown. About VR most of the players come from consoles, so basicly the VR market it's so small that they think it's no necessary (for now) to add at the game, but i agree with you, they have VR on Dirt, why not on F1, right? But like i said before, a small group of people uses VR. 
About Red Flags the idea is nice, but no necessary tbh, they add some emotion IRL but for a game, it's too much unnecessary. No medical car, well ACC a big Sim on the market dont even have a SafetyCar or a properly Yellow Flag system, on F1 you have a fully SafetyCar and VSC, with the positive Delta. I agree when you talk about "freedom" like in formation lap and on pit stops, 100% agree, they need this ASAP. About the Starting lights, i desagree, i dont know what difficulty you play, but for me, the Starting lights change a lot, even just on a simple restart. 

Well the game it's no perfect, but no one it's, a lot of Real drivers says that iRacing is far from real life, so, Code have the perfect balance between Sim and Arcade, and tbh with the new tyres model and improve FFB, they are on the sims path, that's my opinion. 

Dont take it personal, i think is to easy to come here and complain about Code works, but if you look at other Sims forum, they will be complain about something too. Have a nice day, hope they can add as much as possible from your wish list, the ideas will add more fun at the game for sure. 

I think its just a matter of time. Things like the Safety car, localized weather, day to night seemed impossible at one time. Yet they where added and all worked after some fixing. Yes every game has some faults but no game is perfect. I am just waiting for the right level of immersion that im personally looking for. But F1 2021 has come very close. I am very tempted to buy. And i just might i just want to see some videos of at least 15% into the game to make a final decision. Cut scenes look cool but i hope they are less repetitive. I saw a quick snip of an interview in the official F1 setting. I hope this means its back for good.

As far as VR goes. The sets like oculus is no longer the only one you can get, and its made massive steps forward. The VR audience is actually not small at all. When PS4 first released VR it sold 5 million units world wide at the time. Years now with the oculus and DIY PC builders VR has grown even more. The VR world is just lacking in content and also on the XBOX platform. I find it lazy and just one big monopoly. Thats why i choose to stay away from the xbox and Play station world.  

I am a PC man myself i like the power and the look is so much better in 4K vs console in 4K. Plus you can push beyond if you have the capabilities. Also you can buy a PC have it last about a decade or two longer then a console. There is just so much more you can do with the power of a PC.

Edited by SennaNum1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Sector4 said:

Work in progress still?

KTjxOWw.png

iTEvxaV.png

Those ugly, unfinished, out of place white rear spoilers on the helmets again. 

Yeah, I did notice that some of the clips from the MyTeam cutscenes looked a little un-polished and rough around the edges compared to some of the other footage.  

To be fair though I’d say yes it’s still definitely very much “work in progress” with more fine tuning being done on some of the visuals. If you compare some of the character models vs how they looked in some of the earlier YouTubers footage from a week or two ago (the Will Buxton clip as an example), looks a lot lot better and more polished in the new trailer.  

Pretty sure we saw similar things on earlier games too, I remember everyone commenting on how bad Bottas looked with his eyeliner/eyelashes in one of the early clips for F1 2019 or 2020, but was a lot more polished in the final game for release. 

Edited by stephensmattlee
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, silb05 said:

There are clearly some shots from Canada in the trailer, so it will be in, along with China and Singapore.

I know people want a realistic season so would want some tracks binning off if they don't appear but i'd rather they all stayed as the more, the merrier. 

China is definitely in as it features in Braking Point so they couldn't cut it out without redoing the story. It's whether it'll appear in the other modes that is questioned. You'd assume Grand Prix and Time Trial at least but I would expect the option for My Team and Career if it's actually in the game.

Singapore was cancelled far too late for them to cancel it so might as well keep it in, I think. It'll most likely be another COTA in real-life so no harm in having an extra track laying around doing nothing so they'll include that to have enough tracks for a 23 race season.

Canada was the one that could have gone either way but I expect to see it included as two rounds in Austria isn't as exciting. I can't remember seeing it in the trailer but people have said they've seen it so it must be there.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, silb05 said:

There are clearly some shots from Canada in the trailer, so it will be in, along with China and Singapore.

Time stamp? I had a quick look last night to see if I could spot any Canada footage but wasn't sure I could.

China might just be in Braking Point but not the main game.

29 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Time stamp? I had a quick look last night to see if I could spot any Canada footage but wasn't sure I could.

China might just be in Braking Point but not the main game.

I've just had another think and I remember seeing an Alpha Tauri touch the Wall of Champions in the first 30 seconds of the video when they're going through Braking Point introduction.

It could be that it is just Braking Point content like China is potentially. It could be included in the trailer more often but I just remembered that happening. 
However, it is definitely in the game! 

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I've just had another think and I remember seeing an Alpha Tauri touch the Wall of Champions in the first 30 seconds of the video when they're going through Braking Point introduction.

It could be that it is just Braking Point content like China is potentially. It could be included in the trailer more often but I just remembered that happening. 
However, it is definitely in the game! 

That's a keen eye!

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.4a7bb78f6ee666ce786f1524ce87d932.gif

• Agree 2

OK, good catch guys/girls.  I didn't notice the "real season start" part when they showed the calendar, i was more focused onthe calendar itself. 

The shots above do show Canada there too, so hopefully it's in the game itself not just Braking Point as Im likely not touching that mode.  I just hope they leave Canada and China in the game; even just for grand prix mode or custom schedules.  Time will tell I guess.

Some communication would be nice though from the dev team on this to at least clarify what's in, what's out. Etc. etc.  

Thanks for the good eyes though!

8 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

One of the Youtubers (might be Tom97 or Alex Gillon) confirmed that China is available in every game mode. 

Makes logical sense. It's surely more effort to remove it from different modes than it is to just carry it over. People that don't want it there can probably choose to exclude it from their season if you have an option for custom/reduced season. At least it'd be available for those of us that do want more flexibility.

8 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Makes logical sense. It's surely more effort to remove it from different modes than it is to just carry it over. People that don't want it there can probably choose to exclude it from their season if you have an option for custom/reduced season. At least it'd be available for those of us that do want more flexibility.

I love the idea of holding tracks over absolutely, when possible I suppose license wise. Can we have Hockeheim back! It's only just left as well really. 

4 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

I love the idea of holding tracks over absolutely, when possible I suppose license wise. Can we have Hockeheim back! It's only just left as well really. 

In an ideal world, i'd personally would want loads of playable tracks. I'd want about 30sh in the game. The 23 that are actually in the plan for the season then places like Hockenheim, Turkey, Nurburgring, Malaysia, etc. That way I can mix up different seasons and stop it getting stagnant by doing the same ones over and over.

I get there will be some issues as China/Canada/Singapore/etc were supposed to be in the game anyway so could be classed as licensed whereas those that were never intended to be would have less chance.   Still, it doesn't hurt to hope for bigger changes to happen with EA coming in with bigger boots to push things through! 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

In an ideal world, i'd personally would want loads of playable tracks. I'd want about 30sh in the game. The 23 that are actually in the plan for the season then places like Hockenheim, Turkey, Nurburgring, Malaysia, etc. That way I can mix up different seasons and stop it getting stagnant by doing the same ones over and over.

I get there will be some issues as China/Canada/Singapore/etc were supposed to be in the game anyway so could be classed as licensed whereas those that were never intended to be would have less chance.   Still, it doesn't hurt to hope for bigger changes to happen with EA coming in with bigger boots to push things through! 

One of my fave features of 2020 was giving us the option to cut the season down in career, so we could bring races in and out of the calendar each season.Frankly, 20+ races for me per season is just too much anyway so that was welcome. I always have a full season championship running so I can enjoy in that mode, but in career I' was happy to see shorter calendars which gave the ability to customise year on year. 

Hopefully that's built on in 2021 with some additional features as I'm sure it was well received by the playerbase.  

2 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

One of my fave features of 2020 was giving us the option to cut the season down in career, so we could bring races in and out of the calendar each season.Frankly, 20+ races for me per season is just too much anyway so that was welcome. I always have a full season championship running so I can enjoy in that mode, but in career I' was happy to see shorter calendars which gave the ability to customise year on year. 

Hopefully that's built on in 2021 with some additional features as I'm sure it was well received by the playerbase.  

Ah, that's cool. I prefer the longer seasons but I do agree 23 might be a little too much. 20 to 21 was probably my maximum preference.

With such a wide array of players with different preferences, it does highlight the need for continued ability to customise the game for our respective preferences. The more variety available, the more people will be content they can arrange it to their liking. 

• Agree 1