Jump to content Jump to content

How I wish 2021 actually looked

The 2021 game lighting/colours looks so cartoonish, here is Vettel at Imola in Assetto Corsa running an F1 mod it looks so real compared to the cartoon look of f1 2021. Even the way the car bounces wow

https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocorsa/comments/nv6l31/this_looks_so_good_assetto_corsa_f1_2021_seb/

Screnshot of video is below, I actually thought it was a still of the real race. 

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 11.16.35.png

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Screnshot of video is below, I actually thought it was a still of the real race. 

Wow - admit I watched the video and I totally agree that this looks awesome, and despite being based on a 6 year old game (!) the looks are miles ahead of anything you can buy right now, and yes, I wished F1 2021 looked this way. It shows what is possible with more love than money^^

Edited by Schneehase
typo :P
6 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Wow - admit I watched the video and I totally agree that this looks awesome, and despite being based on a 16 year old game (!) the looks are miles ahead of anything you can buy right now, and yes, I wished F1 2021 looked this way. It shows what is possible with more love than money^^

AC released in 2014, not in 2004 😉 Still looks impressive though.

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

Why does this ACC footage below look so rubbish by comparison? Is it s difference between actual gameplay footage and replays, or something else?

That is a different game.

AC Assetto Corse (old, highly modable) versus ACC Assetto Corse Competizione. Despite that, all them good simracers drive with minimal details, to keep their framerate as high as possible. I bet that Videoclip of Seb is using tons of mods, also.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Schneehase said:

AC Assetto Corse (old, highly modable) versus ACC Assetto Corse Competizione. Despite that, all them good simracers drive with minimal details, to keep their framerate as high as possible. I bet that Videoclip of Seb is using tons of mods, also.

Correct.

Opmeer uses very low details and in some of his F1 2020 videos you can see his FPS which is ridiculous, like 300 or something. 

Here's a more representative video:

• Like 1

ACC isn't all that good, at least IMO, clunky feeling to drive, limited sound and immersion, graphics can have their moments but are often flat and listless. 

I realise it has it's hardcore community, and being so moddable will kpep that for a long time, but PC2 was the better of the two games for me. 

4 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Ah, thanks. I'd rather assumed the newer one would look better but hadn't looked into it 🙂.

1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

Here's a more representative video:

Needless to say, ACC looks damn realistic as well, I wonder why F1 series doesnt look nearly as good. Is our graphics engine that old? As old as our circuits seem to be? Its not that we dont spend enough cash on it, year after year.

8 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Needless to say, ACC looks damn realistic as well, I wonder why F1 series doesnt look nearly as good. Is our graphics engine that old? As old as our circuits seem to be? Its not that we dont spend enough cash on it, year after year.

Genuinely think you're being harsh and it's the grass is greener effect in action here. 

Was F1 not praised highly the last couple of years in particular for huge improvements to lighting and textures, and many comments made about replays specifically looking like their TV counterparts. 

I think over the year we nitpick the game to death and forget that it's regarded as among the best racing games ever and as one of, if not the, best looking, both critically and in fan response for the last 2+ years if not longer. 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I've watched a few more YouTube videos and to be honest I'm not convinced ACC does look better than F1 2020 personally. 

Anything can look great with a bit of playing around, I don't think ACC looks better than PC2 nevermind drive as well. 

14 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Genuinely think you're being harsh and it's the grass is greener effect in action here. 

Hmm, I will think about it 🙂 I did not want to sound too harsh, but:

8 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Anything can look great with a bit of playing around

...but what if we apply that little playing around to F1 2021 / 2022? Any chance it might look as georgous as the little Vettel AC clip above? To me that is jawdropping, no harshness intended.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Why does this ACC footage below look so rubbish by comparison? Is it s difference between actual gameplay footage and replays, or something else?

A potty mouthed drink driver , get him a cigarette and a dolly bird draped around his shoulders  and everything will be back to normal. James Hunt lives on . Not sure he is suitable for these times though  , drink driving is kind of taboo these dayz