Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

TRACK QUESTIONS FOR F1 2021 GAME?

As ever i still got a few questions to put to Codies so here they are....

With The New Track Layouts At Australia And Spain Will They Feature Or Be Updated In F1 2021?

And Will We Continue To See The Vietnam Race Track Even Though It's Not On The F1 Calendar For This Years Game?

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, Sam ReaN said:

As ever i still got a few questions to put to Codies so here they are....

With The New Track Layouts At Australia And Spain Will They Feature Or Be Updated In F1 2021?

And Will We Continue To See The Vietnam Race Track Even Though It's Not On The F1 Calendar For This Years Game?

Im afraid that there will be no changes for Australia or Spain, it's official, Code already asweared that question for some content creators.

And the only track avaliable besides the official calender will be China, so, Vietnam are not coming back for this year.

Maybe we can get the Turn 10 in the future after launch but it's only speculation.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

One youtube guy said who showed some gameplay that Imola,Portugal and track changes will be updated on a later stage,not sure how valid this is though. And do not ask me for the name,watched a couple of videos today 🙈

Edited by svensenk86
3 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

One corner needs to be corrected in Spain, In Australia, you really need to correct two corners, are they really that lazy?

Busy rather than lazy I suspect. I'm sure everyone involved in the game would like to be able to say these track changes were in F1 2021.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Podejrzewam, że raczej zajęty niż leniwy. Jesteśmy, że wszyscy mają miejsce w grze, móc móc powiedzieć, że to ma miejsce w F1 2021

But making 1 or 2 turns doesn't take a week, I think it's a matter of a maximum of a couple of hours to get it reasonably well.

Edited by AndRe5550148
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
13 minutes ago, AndRe5550148 said:

But making 1 or 2 turns doesn't take a week, I think it's a matter of a maximum of a couple of hours to get it reasonably well.

Perhaps make a single turn it's easy, but the other things like, manage to training AI in everysingle weather, racing line, overtakes, qualifying etc, i think it's a bit hard and not that easy, at least 3 months to properly finish the job without any bugs.

I do prefer having Imola and Portimão insted of Australia, we not even know if there will be a race at there this year, they always can cancel the gp.

I know it's sucks for some people not having those changes, but at least we will have 3 new circuits, and if we put Zandvoort and France in perspective, Imola and Portimão will be amazing and stuning. 

I not saying you're wrong to ask or be mad at this, but they have some reason to not do this, but i think, for next year we can expect a bunch of revamped tracks. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
7 minutes ago, ParadoxAMG53 said:

Być może zrobienie jednego zakrętu jest łatwe, ale inne rzeczy, takie jak trenowanie AI przy każdej pogodzie, torze wyścigowym, wyprzedzaniu, kwalifikacjach itp. Myślę, że to trochę trudne i nie takie łatwe, przynajmniej 3 miesiące, aby poprawnie ukończyć pracę bez żadnych błędów.

Wolę mieć Imola i Portimão zamiast Australii, nawet nie wiemy, czy w tym roku odbędzie się tam wyścig, zawsze mogą odwołać gp.

Wiem, że dla niektórych nie ma tych zmian, ale przynajmniej będziemy mieli 3 nowe tory i jeśli spojrzymy na Zandvoort i Francję z odpowiedniej perspektywy, Imola i Portimão będą niesamowite i oszałamiające. 

Nie mówię, że mylisz się pytając lub wściekając się na to, ale mają jakiś powód, by tego nie robić, ale myślę, że w przyszłym roku możemy spodziewać się kilku przerobionych utworów. 

Hopefully the new tracks will be done well in terms of curbs etc.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, AndRe5550148 said:

One corner needs to be corrected in Spain, In Australia, you really need to correct two corners, are they really that lazy?

Lazy? The actual track changes are being done as we speak, the race isn't due until November. How exactly do you expect Codemasters to implement simulated changes based on real changes that haven't been built yet?

33 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Australia has changes to T1, T3, T6-7, T13 and T15. And removal of T9-10. 

There are some pretty extensive changes here - they are talking about the lap times being 5 seconds faster...

On 6/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, AndRe5550148 said:

I don't know their pipeline and workflows and stuff but Turn 10 in Spain would take me about 2 weeks (ish) in terms of pure modelling and texturing changes. I am a Sr. Environment Artist at Ubisoft.

The Australia changes would take a lot more time because the track work hasn't even been completed yet and they would have to work off of blueprints (not necessarily reflective of the final result). Also almost every corner on the track is undergoing some kind of change. So for Australia I agree it makes sense to update it in the next game.

I don't understand not doing the changes to T10 in Barcelona at all, but I suspect it could lead to issues with Save Games or time trial ghosts, leaderboard, etc. if they were to change the track layout post release. That's the only thing that could explain it in my opinion.

Edited by CptBalloonhands
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, CptBalloonhands said:

I don't know their pipeline and workflows and stuff but Turn 10 in Spain would take me about 2 weeks (ish) in terms of pure modelling and texturing changes. I am a Sr. Environment Artist at Ubisoft.

The Australia changes would take a lot more time because the track work hasn't even been completed yet and they would have to work off of blueprints (not necessarily reflective of the final result). Also almost every corner on the track is undergoing some kind of change. So for Australia I agree it makes sense to update it in the next game.

I don't understand not doing the changes to T10 in Barcelona at all, but I suspect it could lead to issues with Save Games or time trial ghosts, leaderboard, etc. if they were to change the track layout post release. That's the only thing that could explain it in my opinion.

I think most likely they didn't prioritize this change of the track as important and didn't want to waste extra resources & time for something that's probably going to get major overhaul in the near future (I remember the tracks in our game are not laser-scanned right?). 

On 6/9/2021 at 6:21 PM, AndRe5550148 said:

Yep there just out to milk the game for pitcoin. and braking point which will be useless after the first playthrough if it's actually works without corrupting your save. 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:15 PM, CptBalloonhands said:

Why don't you explain to us exactly, how you would spend a whole 2 weeks making modelling, and texturing changes to turn 10. 

Edited by LEWISt17KIMI
  • Disagree 2

The simple answer to all of this is, as stated many times before by the developers, just creating one track can take up to a year to make from scratch. They're having to do this threefold in roughly one-third of the time, all so that the season is complete and correct for us. It's monumental task and IMHO, as undesirable as it is, correctly takes priority over a couple of corner changes.

It's not just about modelling the track and then plonking a few trees and buildings down. Do that and the cars will still take the old programmed route. They have to be recoded for the new corner, as well as the safety car. Retirement spots, overtaking spots, pacing in different weathers, entry and exit speed and behaviour from the previous and next parts of the track. In previous versions of the game (2012, 2014) I've dipped into the files for modding purposes and immediately gave up - it's a nightmare.

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, s00zster said:

just creating one track can take up to a year to make from scratch.

i think this is a bit exaggerated, considering that we have 20+ tracks, and codemasters has certainly not spent the last 20 years just for designing tracks.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, FTBuzzard said:

i think this is a bit exaggerated, considering that we have 20+ tracks, and codemasters has certainly not spent the last 20 years just for designing tracks.

While yes, I agree that i'd think it is a bit of hyperbole and it doesn't necessarily take 1 year to make a track, the logic you're explaining is slightly off.

For them to take 20 years to make 20 tracks, it'd imply that they're doing them all sequentially one after the other. I imagine they'd able to do them concurrently and that'll trim the time off substantially. 

Last year, they introduced Vietnam and Netherlands so that would be two tracks a year and that managed to fit in a year. This year they're doing Jeddah, Imola and Portimao and they cannot fit in in a year and it'll be a late release. So, we can estimate the 'magic number' of tracks you can create would be 2.5 a year. 

Miami is coming next year and that's the only new one so far, I believe. So one new track and two amendments could fit the magic number of 2.5 tracks for next year.

8 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

I'm only saying what they said themselves, several times.

Codemasters don't seem to care about any track improvements or layout changes or realism. All tracks currently look far too bright and colourful.

Kerbs have been wrong for years so have the width of some corners. 

They just cookie cutter and copy and paste every single year and then sell us a new game with Devon Butler in it. 

I wish Kunos had the rights to F1. 

14 minutes ago, USPBauer24 said:

All tracks currently look far too bright and colourful.

For info the colours have changed for F1 2021 actually, going by the published gameplay videos.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
28 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

For info the colours have changed for F1 2021 actually, going by the published gameplay videos.

Yea there are definitely lots of little touch-ups and update around the edges of tracks and run off areas (at least from so far of what's being shown). To be honest, for an annual release I don't expect any major overhaul of racetracks unless they're gonna go full-sim which I don't think will ever happen...at least the new tracks would probably be better quality though.