Jump to content Jump to content

TRACK QUESTIONS FOR F1 2021 GAME?

2 minutes ago, RickPhotosphere said:

Yas Marina circuit changes confirmed:

Huge changes, unless CM knew about this from the beginning (I doubt it), I suspect these changes will be in for F1 2022

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Social Media & Community Team

I wonder how steep that banking will be; probably not as extreme as Zandvoort but banked turns are always fun to drive regardless.

• Like 1

I've often wondered if the F1 game would be better served with an engine, like rFactor or even Flight Simulator, where each season can then be a plug in or DLC. It's be an entirely different way to handle and market the game though.

15 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I wonder how steep that banking will be; probably not as extreme as Zandvoort but banked turns are always fun to drive regardless.

Love Zandvoort, what a rollercoaster, and limited run off on those long turns where you really are hanging on for life. Let's have more like that. 

• Disagree 1
55 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I am curious if the new circuit will be in the game 2021 😄

• Disagree 2

Just when debate on here about how easy/hard it is and how quickly/slowly tracks can be implemented in the game was dying down a little... they make another change. Talk about poking the bear and fanning the flames.

It's fairly obvious that this won't be implemented in this years game. If Spain and Australia weren't (not sure about Baku's castle corner) then the one that has come even later than them, definitely won't be.  Whether or not that's 'acceptable' as it is supposed to represent real-life is now irrelevant really as it is what it is. They won't be there and no amount of criticism will change that now.

It does mean that people will expect it for next year and that's alot of tracks now.

Miami.. plus Abu Dhabi, Baku, Australia, Spain just from this years iteration. Additionally, there's always comments about how Spa, Suzuka, Spielberg, Sao Paulo, (anything beginning with an S) etc still need things doing here and there. That's all without the ones that will be thrown in last minute!

Hopefully with additional EA resource, these can all be completed on time for next years game as I imagine the fervour will only increase if the next edition still has inconsistencies. 

• Agree 1
43 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

It's funny how it's easier and faster to rebuild tracks in real life than in a video game. 

I wonder what the cost of the real-world track changes in Australia might be?

Turkey is back apparently.  Is that likely to be reincluded?

It was on the calendar and was going to be included apparently. Then it was removed from the calendar and hence removed from the game. Now it's back on the calendar, is it too late?  Potentially later DLC if it is halfway there (using old layouts) as it's definitely not going to make Day One.

I'm not sure if it'll need more work than expected as the cars are vastly different to when they last raced there on a game so behaviour will have changed dramatically. 

Eh, I don't think it will be in F1 2021 at any point tbh. It just takes too long to make. If we're not getting the new layouts for Spain and Australia (and Abu Dhabi), we're certainly not going to get Istanbul

8 minutes ago, silb05 said:

Eh, I don't think it will be in F1 2021 at any point tbh. It just takes too long to make. If we're not getting the new layouts for Spain and Australia (and Abu Dhabi), we're certainly not going to get Istanbul

That was my initial assumption too.

The only caveat was that with Spain and Australia, the circuits are already in the game just not remodelled to this year. So it's a "it's not the end of the world" approach as there's something there.

It's the number of tracks that I question. It's a 23 race season so I guess Singapore and China will replace Turkey and Styrian grand prix. However, until Jeddah, Portimao and Imola arrive, you'll have to do circuits a few times to fill the numbers. 

I would be happy if it was literally just the same track dimensions as the early 2010's. Just to have something there but I agree it's probably not likely. 

5 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

That was my initial assumption too.

The only caveat was that with Spain and Australia, the circuits are already in the game just not remodelled to this year. So it's a "it's not the end of the world" approach as there's something there.

It's the number of tracks that I question. It's a 23 race season so I guess Singapore and China will replace Turkey and Styrian grand prix. However, until Jeddah, Portimao and Imola arrive, you'll have to do circuits a few times to fill the numbers. 

I would be happy if it was literally just the same track dimensions as the early 2010's. Just to have something there but I agree it's probably not likely. 

I am guessing while the track geometry itself COULD be re-used to some degree, it would need to be updated to use the existing textures from the 2021 game (time consuming), plus all the 'under the hood' stuff like practice gates and AI stuff probably has changed a lot since its last appearance in the game, so there are likely many other things that aren't visual which would need to be updated. No chance we're gonna see it this year IMO.

2 hours ago, CptBalloonhands said:

I am guessing while the track geometry itself COULD be re-used to some degree, it would need to be updated to use the existing textures from the 2021 game (time consuming), plus all the 'under the hood' stuff like practice gates and AI stuff probably has changed a lot since its last appearance in the game, so there are likely many other things that aren't visual which would need to be updated. No chance we're gonna see it this year IMO.

Yeah, i've come up with like a thousand reasons for why it is impractical. Literally everything but the physical dimensions would have changed. Things like background scenery, run-offs and tyre walls, etc. That's just from a graphical standpoint.

Now the cars are completely different. Different speeds, different impacts and behaviour patterns. It's more likely that the cars try to drive over a kerb and fall into a massive void than for everything to work perfectly. 

You can't do just a do a rip and replace as everything would have changed that doesn't concern just the aesthetics. 

Would have been nice but I just can't see any practical scenario where it actually happens and passes quality checks in time for it to be useful in this years edition. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Yeah, i've come up with like a thousand reasons for why it is impractical. Literally everything but the physical dimensions would have changed. Things like background scenery, run-offs and tyre walls, etc. That's just from a graphical standpoint.

Now the cars are completely different. Different speeds, different impacts and behaviour patterns. It's more likely that the cars try to drive over a kerb and fall into a massive void than for everything to work perfectly. 

You can't do just a do a rip and replace as everything would have changed that doesn't concern just the aesthetics. 

Would have been nice but I just can't see any practical scenario where it actually happens and passes quality checks in time for it to be useful in this years edition. 

You have a pretty good understanding of how complex these things can get. It's nice to see in a forum that mostly just calls the developers lazy.

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Turkey is back apparently.  Is that likely to be reincluded?

It was on the calendar and was going to be included apparently. Then it was removed from the calendar and hence removed from the game. Now it's back on the calendar, is it too late?  Potentially later DLC if it is halfway there (using old layouts) as it's definitely not going to make Day One.

I'm not sure if it'll need more work than expected as the cars are vastly different to when they last raced there on a game so behaviour will have changed dramatically. 

Don't think it will by the looks of it. As other's have said it would be a lot of work. Would be nice to have it. Codemasters only had the foresight to include the 2020 tracks after 2020 game was complete as extra DLC circuits they wouldn't be in this mess now. Jeddah would be the only circuit they need to make in a hurry.

Maybe this a good omen to actually include circuits previous raced on outside of the calender in future games. 

2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Grid Autosport has the Istanbul Park circuit which released in 2014. The problem is that game is running on ego3, F1 2021 will be running on ego4 for codemasters to make the modifications to port it over with added F1 asses if it's possible? if it's not? I don't know.

GRID Autosport 2017 04 16 turkey - YouTube

Maybe this is a feasible question if the desire on the part of Codemasters is to at least try to put this track in the game of 2021.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:33 AM, Sector4 said:

It's funny how it's easier and faster to rebuild tracks in real life than in a video game. 

Thank you for that one, couldnt help it but laugh out loud^^ 😄