Jump to content Jump to content

------------------------------------------


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

At the moment seems like that's the exact case.

Usually if something that's supposed to have a selling point value, but was never mention in these ads, then they're most likely not included in the game. Even though I personally don't really care about this feature in 2020, I do still hope they prove me wrong since it's still a great game option. 

Edited by DRTApophis
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

If I can't drive as Schumacher, Rosberg or Button in Career, I might as well stick with F1 2020 for another year.

The point is to have them racing as your teammate, not for you to look like them. Neither appeals to me personally so I've happily pre-ordered the standard rather than deluxe version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

And we can't have both because...?

No obvious reason at all. I was simply explaining what Codemasters were doing, which does appeal to many people and so isn't a waste of time.

3 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Neither appeals to you so you don't understand why it's a big deal for some

No that's not true at all, or what I said. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

As it stands, I've gone from 100% ordering the deluxe edition to being 40-60 about ordering the standard edition. I'm not going to pay €70 for a game that has F1 2015-levels of content just because DUDE SLIGHTLY BETTER TEXTURES LMAO. 

Oh, and the major changes in F1 2021 don't relate to textures but if they don't interest you then fair enough 🙂.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In previous versions these characters were not available as 'other' drivers in career mode. So for example I was Schumacher in F1 2020, helmet, name, likeness, the lot.

 

I guess with the drivers being in career now it would mean duplicate drivers appearing in career mode, eg, Yourself as Schumacher, then Schumacher appearing in another team as well.

 

Looking at the first post again it looks like the three breaking point drivers will be selectable instead as avatars to drive as yourself, rather than the classic drivers.

Edited by Sadler
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sadler said:

Looking at the first post again it looks like the three breaking point drivers will be selectable instead as avatars to drive as yourself, rather than the classic drivers.

Great

DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif.0d98cfc869e60d605bc84830824ae326.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They always manage to add something awesome and simultaneously ruin that new thing.

There goes my Button/Rosberg team.

Why can't they just include things as options is beyond annoying. Its not even as if they'd be duplicated if you drive as them since the AI cant hire them. (Another way they've ruined the new feature btw)

What's the bet we cant set our starting funds in My Team either so we cant even hire all of them for season one?

Edited by Wynterdust
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

They always manage to add something awesome and simultaneously ruin that new thing.

There goes my Button/Rosberg team.

Why can't they just include things as options is beyond annoying. Its not even as if they'd be duplicated if you drive as them since the AI cant hire them. (Another way they've ruined the new feature btw)

Huh? They never advertised the feature as you being able to drive as them in career. And if you're talking about 'making them' in the create a driver section, how would the game read that and not use the identical driver? It doesn't work like that now, and they never stated it would in 2021. 

Y'all really crawling through the weeds for the bugs right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Huh? They never advertised the feature as you being able to drive as them in career. And if you're talking about 'making them' in the create a driver section, how would the game read that and not use the identical driver? It doesn't work like that now, and they never stated it would in 2021. 

Y'all really crawling through the weeds for the bugs right now. 

No but it was assumed since we could do that with Senna, Prost and Schumacher in the last two games.

It would make sense if the AI could hire them, but they cant so why limit the player from something that's been possible before?

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

Just another line on the list of things that I thought I could do in F1 2021 because I could do them in both F1 2019 and F1 2020. Completely my fault for thinking that new instalments in game franchises keep building on the editions that came before.

The developers thinking was presumably that introducing the possibility of recruiting the iconic drivers is better than simply making yourself look like them. Now the character models are in the game though maybe there is some possibility of the functionality you want being added via an update. If there is enough demand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sector4 said:

Completely my fault for thinking that new instalments in game franchises keep building on the editions that came before

 

It's not CM's fault you haven't understood the mechanics that you're using. Picking Shumis' face and typing in his name is not the same as selecting him as a playable character. You could have picked his face and called yourself Captain Planet, the game doesn't care or react to it any differently.

I digress, you can't hammer a square into a circle though so we'll leave it there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

It's not CM's fault you haven't understood the mechanics that you're using. Picking Shumis' face and typing in his name is not the same as selecting him as a playable character. You could have picked his face and called yourself Captain Planet, the game doesn't care or react to it any differently.

I digress, you can't hammer a square into a circle though so we'll leave it there. 

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing or don't understand what it is we are hoping for.

We are fully aware we're not actually playing as them and that its just the face. We're not asking to play as them, we're asking to be able to use their avatar and helmet like we have been able to in previous games. One of my career runs I've done in the last few games is naming my avatar Button and finding the closest helmet design and avatar so I was looking forward to being able to use his actual avatar this time, like I did with a Schumacher career last year. 

There's literally no reason for them not to allow it since only the player can recruit them so there's no risk of duplicated faces unless the player chooses to.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sector4 said:

Your "Well, naming your driver Michael Schumacher and choosing the German flag, Schumacher's face, Schumacher's audio name and Schumacher's helmet is not the same as playing as him" argument reeks of a) being underage and/or b) being an a******. Your pick.

You presented yourself as stupid enough to not understand the mechanic in front of you. 

That's on you. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is a pure roller-coaster 😅

Of course not driving as a clsssic avatar, or having the name audio or whatever could be worse for those looking to drive as their idol but personally it isn't a big deal. Of course it makes the Deluxe Edition have a worse image of itself considering it's price but if you don't want it then go for the standard. 

At the same time this kind of attitude was not needed considering its just a video game, and while it's something that Codemasters should have done, it is no reason at all to start cursing or get mad. 

I'm not trying to offend or make anyone angry, it's just my point of view. By the way, I'm a bit lost or confused on this thread, so pretty much I said something wrong or didn't fully understand. 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Eclipsium said:

This thread is a pure roller-coaster 😅

Of course not driving as a clsssic avatar, or having the name audio or whatever could be worse for those looking to drive as their idol but personally it isn't a big deal. Of course it makes the Deluxe Edition have a worse image of itself considering it's price but if you don't want it then go for the standard. 

At the same time this kind of attitude was not needed considering its just a video game, and while it's something that Codemasters should have done, it is no reason at all to start cursing or get mad. 

I'm not trying to offend or make anyone angry, it's just my point of view. By the way, I'm a bit lost or confused on this thread, so pretty much I said something wrong or didn't fully understand. 

I dunno if it's because of language barrier or the huge diversity of cultural background of its players here or anything else, this forum in general seems to be lacking some basic social respect from its users. Everyone is so hostile towards just about anything, be it to the developer or other users, literally 70% of the posts here could turn into a warzone for no reason at all.

Back to the topic, atm we're not sure if those Iconic Drivers are usable avatar or not. Though, I could see the reason why if it's not, because it creates conflicts within the game that some players might not prefer, but at the same time, I think they should let the players have their own freedom to decide whether or avoid to use those avatars alongside the actual Ai drivers. It seems like a wasted opportunity to create some really interesting scenarios just because "it didn't make sense". 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

I dunno if it's because of language barrier or the huge diversity of cultural background of its players here or anything else, this forum in general seems to be lacking some basic social respect from its users. Everyone is so hostile towards just about anything, be it to the developer or other users, literally 70% of the posts here could turn into a warzone for no reason at all.

Well for my part I apologise. Far too wrapped up in an argument over semantics than is really good for me, @Sector4 @Wynterdust, I get why you would make the assumption that you did, it came across to me like picking something to complain about just for the sake of it however I realise expectations are high at this time of year and people are wanting to see the features they enjoy in the game. 

Kick around these forums enough and you see a lot of complaining and sniping at the game, devs, community etc. and it can get a bit irritating, but it's no excuse to get caught up in a silly back and forth like that, it's my bad. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

At the moment seems like that's the exact case.

Usually if something that's supposed to have a selling point value, but was never mention in these ads, then they're most likely not included in the game. Even though I personally don't really care about this feature in 2020, I do still hope they prove me wrong since it's still a great game option. 

Does F1 20 advertise with Schumacher's audio call name?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Sector4 changed the title to ------------------------------------------

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...