Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

------------------------------------------

34 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

Does F1 20 advertise with Schumacher's audio call name?

Not in so many words. However, it did advertise that you could "BE the Seven Time Champion Schumacher" with helmets, livery, facemodel, etc.

The new game is more "play alongside 7 icons" so I think the wording leads down a different avenue to last years advertising. 

I mean, hopefully they're just in anyway without being advertised? It's possible since they have been in previously, but definitely concerned about it.

I'm also concerned about whether or not we can actually hire all of them from the start of season one. Are they free to hire or do they have a salary? If they have a salary can we start with enough to hire all of them?

If I cant use most or any of them at the start of season one and they're models, helmets etc. aren't useable for the player, then it leaves the question what's the point in getting the deluxe version?

Would be nice to get confirmation on whether we can or not. And if not, then I'd like to make the suggestion to make it possible.

40 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

I'm also concerned about whether or not we can actually hire all of them from the start of season one. Are they free to hire or do they have a salary? If they have a salary can we start with enough to hire all of them?

They're definitely not free and one reason some of the less iconic of the selection are there is to be cheaper options in the game that players will be able to afford earlier on. I'd guessed as much when the names were first announced but I've seen this confirmed in one of the interviews (with Lee Mather I think) that came out recently. I can't remember which to link to quickly though, sorry.

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

If I cant use most or any of them at the start of season one and they're models, helmets etc. aren't useable for the player, then it leaves the question what's the point in getting the deluxe version?

Players who don't buy the deluxe version (or likely subsequent deluxe DLC) will never be able to recruit the iconic drivers, no matter how much money they have to spend 

51 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

I mean, hopefully they're just in anyway without being advertised? It's possible since they have been in previously, but definitely concerned about it.

Would be nice to get confirmation on whether we can or not. And if not, then I'd like to make the suggestion to make it possible.

They do have a salary, yeah. 

• Prost - 11m
  • Schumi - 13m
  • Senna - 12m
  • Button - 6m
  • Rosberg - 6m
  • Coulthard - 4m
  • Massa - 4m

So they're... affordable?   You can't start enough to hire any but you'd have enough for the first 4 possibly by mid-season. You could get all of them by mid-season but your facilities probably aren't good enough to get them. I'd say they're probably a season 2 onwards thing. 

In terms of why you'd bother getting the deluxe version; they are ONLY available for the deluxe version. If you wanted to play alongside them at all then you'd get the deluxe. If you didn't want them as a teammate, you'd get the standard. However, it's going to be more annoying if you don't get the Deluxe and then they change their mind and you CAN have their facemodels. You'd be unable to use them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get that they're only available in the deluxe version. But for the price, an extra £30, I'd expect to be able to use the content right away, not after 30 hours of gameplay. They've added plenty of options for the career modes so why not an option to set starting funds? 

The more I'm hearing about it the less excited I am about it, honestly. 

10 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

I get that they're only available in the deluxe version. But for the price, an extra £30, I'd expect to be able to use the content right away, not after 30 hours of gameplay. They've added plenty of options for the career modes so why not an option to set starting funds? 

The more I'm hearing about it the less excited I am about it, honestly. 

Are you comparing a disc price to the digital deluxe version to get to £30 there? The difference between the full prices is only £15, and £7.50 for people who buy via the link in the current game. The extra cost gives you more Pitcoins and earlier access too of course.

(I've ordered the standard disc version myself though.)

Edited by Ultra3142

I am yeah, I normally only buy physical copies so if I didnt get the digital deluxe I'd just get the disc instead to save money. Only considering the digital for the icon drivers but dont feel good about spending anything extra to not even get to use them straight away or not have the freedom to use their customisation items. 

If theres options where you can start My Team with enough to hire any, or at the very least, the cheapest four, then I'd be happy getting this version.

6 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

I am yeah, I normally only buy physical copies so if I didnt get the digital deluxe I'd just get the disc instead to save money. Only considering the digital for the icon drivers but dont feel good about spending anything extra to not even get to use them straight away or not have the freedom to use their customisation items. 

If theres options where you can start My Team with enough to hire any, or at the very least, the cheapest four, then I'd be happy getting this version.

An option to set the amount of credit you have from the start would be an absolute great addition to the gameplay, the more the MyTeam mode becoming like a sandbox game, the better imo. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

I have no insider knowledge but I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't possible to buy the deluxe content as DLC after launch, and for rather less than £30 too. 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

For **** sake...And just like that my excitement has dropped. Just wont bother getting deluxe then.

Why? What reason? They've been usable in the past why change that? Why is CM allergic to giving players more options? Then to top it off I'm betting theres no way of being able to hire them at the start of season one either. 

So incredibly annoying. 

Going to keep pestering them to add it in though as well as the ability to hire any of them straight away. We're paying extra to get them so they should be usable straight away and models and helmets should be available to use for you driver. Simple as that.

Edited by Wynterdust

Would you really want to be able to hire any iconic driver immediately? That would essentially just be making the game easier on the basis of having paid for the deluxe version.

Yes. Options. Wouldnt do it with every save but after a few weeks and fancy starting a new save it would be nice to just hire one straight away.

Would have loved to be able to use an avatar and helmet of one of them then hire another to form a super team. It comes down to options, or here, a lack thereof once again.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Wynterdust said:

Not only that but we've started from the bottom in 2020 already. Some options to start higher or with an iconic teammate would have been welcome. Having to start from zero every time isnt always fun. Again, more options is nice. Only the same as being able to choose any team in driver career.

Would also have been nice to be able to play driver career but use Rosberg's avatar and helmet or something and partner Hamilton at Merc.

Edited by Wynterdust
Double posted last message, mobile..
17 hours ago, Wynterdust said:

Yes. Options. Wouldnt do it with every save but after a few weeks and fancy starting a new save it would be nice to just hire one straight away.

Would have loved to be able to use an avatar and helmet of one of them then hire another to form a super team. It comes down to options, or here, a lack thereof once again.

Exactly!  Options and flexibility would be ideal. Those that want to try something new and/or unique such as a superstar team of Button/Rosberg would be able to do it without harming anyone. Those that don't want to do it can literally manually choose not to do it and have more realism. Like, they think hiring Senna in your first season is undesirable...then don't hire Senna in their first season and problem is solved. 

Never really understood the attitude of people saying "this isn't how I would want it, so it shouldn't be available for anyone". 

3 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Never really understood the attitude of people saying "this isn't how I would want it, so it shouldn't be available for anyone". 

As I'm guessing this comment was following on from my post, please note that I didn't say this. And wouldn't.

43 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

As I'm guessing this comment was following on from my post, please note that I didn't say this. And wouldn't.

Oh, on the contrary, I made a fleeting reference to your post as an example as it was recent when I skimmed through. Instead of just plucking an imaginary example out of thin air, I saw the idea of having some drivers be attainable and others unattainable from the origin of the game as a relevant topic to discuss about flexibility/rigidity of customisation in the game. 

I was mainly referring to the general concept (on various posts throughout the forum) of someone having an idea about more options for different styles of play and people knocking it down (generally because of realism factors). For example, the forum page I was on before looking at this one was a post from ages ago where someone had an idea about the inclusion of other series (Formula E) in the game and a few of the responses mainly being about it not being worth the time and effort to include it as they'd not want to play with that series. 

I apologise for the confusion as I can see how it could be construed as a misinterpretation of what you said. If I was to display an opinion on your "Would you really want to be able to hire any iconic driver immediately? That would essentially just be making the game easier on the basis of having paid for the deluxe version." then i'd say that I can see it from both sides. From one angle; if you buy the deluxe version then it shouldn't be something you pay for and then have to actually work hard to even obtain the benefits of your purchase anyway. The other angle; buying something shouldn't mean that you're instantly in a position to have an advantage. I've never been a fan of pay-to-win games where the more money you put into something, the easier everything is and therefore it inconveniences the more financially-challenged of the fanbase.

I just think the more customisability you can have in a game to tailor it to what you'd want means more people would be able to mould the game into something they'd enjoy. 

• Sector4 changed the title to ------------------------------------------